Nov 19, 2017 05:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Avatar Trainspotting (Official Avatar news or things that relate to ATLA)  (Read 199639 times)
Moondoggie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Icon by diet otaku, aww yeeahhh.

« Reply #25 on: Mar 08, 2007 04:25 pm »

Tonight on X-Play (a "brutally honest" video game review show on the G4 network) reviewed the Avatar game on the Wii.

It's actually been one of numerous times that they've mentioned Avatar on the show, though as per the nature of the show they weren't being wholly positive. Their schtick on previous occasions has been one of the co-hosts disparaging Avatar and the other being like, "Okay, we make fun of lots of stuff BUT BACK OFF OF AVATAR." Apparently the show's staff is divided! Smiley

I saw that too. It was pretty clever how they set up the joke about half the staff liking the show and the other half being smart. I don't watch the show regularly though so I didn't see the other mentions of Avatar.
Vetorswest
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

n 3n

vetorswest@yahoo.com evilscfisquirrel vetorswest
« Reply #26 on: Mar 08, 2007 05:55 pm »

Yesterday one of the devs on the front page of dA in the 'popular' section was an avatar fanart~
I forgot whose it was, though. O:

I keep Motara, Zuko and Iroh's flowerpot disguises,  & Zuko's hair-growing abilities"
~
zutara, motara, everyone x azula
Karalora
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #27 on: Mar 08, 2007 07:53 pm »

Yesterday one of the devs on the front page of dA in the 'popular' section was an avatar fanart~
I forgot whose it was, though. O:

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it was rufftoon's. Her Avatar fanart makes the front page on a regular basis. (Though I don't know if it counts as "fanart" anymore since she was hired as a storyboarder for the show.)

Why yes, as a matter of fact, I do write fanfiction.
RhoughRhinoAlternate
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The lack of Rhinos, Rough or otherwise, is noted.

« Reply #28 on: Mar 09, 2007 11:08 am »

Oh, its still fanart-she isn't posting the storyboards or anything.

My fanfics:http://forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?topic=14224.0
Keeper of Bomb guys' Outfit and bombs, the drill, and the double chain hammer
Oblivion
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I believe in Obby Dent.

« Reply #29 on: Mar 09, 2007 11:23 am »

(Though I don't know if it counts as "fanart" anymore since she was hired as a storyboarder for the show.)

She was?! OwO Now I'm REALLY jealous of her!

I ship EndlessOblivion and MelodicOblivion. Do you? <3
killerpenguin55
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

My icon is irrelevant, but i still like it ^.^

« Reply #30 on: Mar 11, 2007 09:59 pm »

Okay, so i was at work today and i was walking around when i found this thing on the floor:

it was a charm thing. On the front was a chineese dragon thing, only fluffier (think dragons crossed with the green man). It had horns and this kind eyes

i turned it over and it said APPA!

i know this isnt an actual avatar thing.. but it sure was a creepy coincidence  Huh

i tried to post pictures of it, but i couldnt figure out how to put the image into the post. I used my digital camera to trake the pic, so i didnt have a http address  Sad

keeper of Chongs "Master Arrowhead" and Aangs bandages

*Let your chakras flow

Kataang; (n) latin canonous shipous Canon pairing KataraXAang in the show Avatar: The Last Airbender. Destined since episode 1. antonym: see ZUTARA

...the end...<3
PG15
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Boo!

« Reply #31 on: Mar 11, 2007 11:33 pm »

You can upload the image onto a online photo place, I like www.photobucket.com. Get an account, upload the pic, and share with us the Appa goodness. Grin

Noodles Aang Colbert
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

o.o

« Reply #32 on: Mar 12, 2007 12:13 pm »

I was watching Who's Line Is It Anyway?  last night and there was a commercial for Wildfire (never seen a single episode) and there was a woman who said to a man "are you trying to get him (kid) to like you by buying him Avatar?"

killerpenguin55
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #33 on: Mar 12, 2007 12:56 pm »

and

theyre a little fuzzy... i coudnt get it to focus AND be able to actually see what it was..sorry

thanks PG15 for the advice! 

*Let your chakras flow

Kataang; (n) latin canonous shipous Canon pairing KataraXAang in the show Avatar: The Last Airbender. Destined since episode 1. antonym: see ZUTARA

...the end...<3
KeiyaJade
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Keeper of Toph's crush on Sokka

blacknbloofaerie
« Reply #34 on: Mar 12, 2007 12:59 pm »

I was watching Who's Line Is It Anyway?  last night and there was a commercial for Wildfire (never seen a single episode) and there was a woman who said to a man "are you trying to get him (kid) to like you by buying him Avatar?"

unfortunatly, the avatar they are talking about is the name of a horse (i think). although everytime i hear that commerical, i think of ATLA and think, if someone bought avatar to try to get me to like them, i sure would!

A moment of silence for Siri Tachi and Mara Jade...
Fallen Jedi, never forgotten.
apb1991
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Naughty

« Reply #35 on: Mar 12, 2007 02:08 pm »

[/quote]
Avatar was mentioned in last night's new episode of "Cold Case"!

Anyways, in the episode, one of the main characters, Lt. John Stillman, was taking care of his 4-year-old grandson at the office. When the little boy first appeared in the scene, he was holding an actionfigure of Avatar Aang.

Then the Lt. looked at the toy. "Who's this?" he asked the little boy. The grandson replied that it was Avatar Aang the airbender.

In another scene, the little boy is drawing a picture of Momo with crayola markers.

Just thought it was worth mentioning. 

Well, someone messaged me for a link to a clip of it, so here it is!
http://media.putfile.com/Cold-Case-meets-Avatar-The-Last-Airbender
thx for the link that was cool
« Last Edit: Mar 12, 2007 02:11 pm by apb1991 » Logged

Get the Avatar DVD Wallpaper http://tinyurl.com/32d5en
High Elemental
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Searching for My True Steak

« Reply #36 on: Mar 12, 2007 02:13 pm »

I love it how the guy swipes Aang from the kid. He must be a secret Avatard. Wink

killerpenguin55
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #37 on: Mar 12, 2007 06:21 pm »

I love it how the guy swipes Aang from the kid. He must be a secret Avatard. Wink

hahaha i likes how he made him fly lke superman... what was that about?! i was a very cute moment though. maybe the writters are avatards and had to include it somewhere!

*Let your chakras flow

...the end...<3
Lint
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #38 on: Mar 12, 2007 11:04 pm »

A Christian movie and television review magazine had a review of Avatar...although, it wasn't very positive...Then again, they don't give positive reviews for ANYTHING.

http://www.pluggedinonline.com/thisweekonly/a0003131.cfm

Lint.
~Illustrate the Quote~ Best game on the Pai Sho Board

Zubby
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Thanks Maivry!

« Reply #39 on: Apr 01, 2007 02:11 am »

My sister had to have her computer fixed at work. The repairman brought his 9 year old son who didn't have school. He was chatting with my sister and told her he liked Spongebob and Avatar. When my sister said she liked Avatar too, both the kid and his dad seemed surprised that an adult liked the show. So, of course, she mentioned several other adults (many of my friends) who are avatards.

Korrasami is canon-you gotta deal with it!
keeper of Appa, keeper of Aang's wanted poster
keeper of Sokka's sarcasm, keeper of Monk Gyatso's statue
UndertheMoon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Proud Toph and Aang Fangirl!

« Reply #40 on: Apr 01, 2007 05:43 pm »

I have a couple.

On my sister's Kid's Meal at Burger King, there were some questions on the side, like "What is your favorite side?" things like that. One of the questions was something about your favorite toy  or something  like that. One of the choices was Avatar! There was a link, but I forgot what it was.

In the April 2007 edition of Disney Adventures, on the calendar, on April 12th it says, "Master the elements with Avatar: The last Airbender - Book 2 Vol. 2, on DVD this week."

And I saw I guy with an Avatar shirt.  Grin

Sig from Alpha
Avatar from Saini, Avatar's Hangout
Noodles Aang Colbert
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

o.o

« Reply #41 on: Apr 02, 2007 09:02 am »

unfortunatly, the avatar they are talking about is the name of a horse (i think). although everytime i hear that commerical, i think of ATLA and think, if someone bought avatar to try to get me to like them, i sure would!
I guess that was my Avatar obsession speaking there!

wandering-dreamer
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Appa fangirl!

« Reply #42 on: Apr 02, 2007 04:04 pm »

A Christian movie and television review magazine had a review of Avatar...although, it wasn't very positive...Then again, they don't give positive reviews for ANYTHING.

http://www.pluggedinonline.com/thisweekonly/a0003131.cfm
*sigh* Why do some adults think that kids should only be watching nono-voilent things? If they want that to happen, the kid is going to have to be blindfolded 24/7. And avatar does have redemming messages, I think that person who reviewed it didn't know about avatar to review it.
Not too many stories here of finding avatar, some of my friends like it, but there don't seem to be many avatards in my state....
Callisto Moon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avi by me!

« Reply #43 on: Apr 10, 2007 09:41 am »

I wasn't sure where this goes so I guessed. Mods, move or close if I'm wrong.

Heres a review of avatar early in the series.
http://scifi.com/sfw/anime/sfw12366.html

Merged into the existing Avatar Trainspotting thread

--Karalora
« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2007 10:40 am by Karalora » Logged

I'm back! Did anyone miss me?
JSensui
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #44 on: Apr 10, 2007 11:17 am »

Heh, that review reminds me how different Avatar was in the beginning of the show. If one were to see for the first time, "The Boy in the Iceberg" and then the "Crossroads" they would probably think it was airing in another channel or something.

Anyways, I remember a while back, I was watching the Daily Show with Jon Stewart. They had some guy who was talking about violence in children's programming. Now you would assume the first show to be used as an example would be Avatar, but no. It's Bob the Builder. Yeah. That was a head scratcher. XD

Anyway, when the guy was talking about how the children's shows were promoting violence they show a single clip from Avatar. It was from the Blue Spirit episode, and it was the part where the Blue Spirit holds Aang hostage from Zhao with his blades inches away from Aang's neck. The clip made it look like he was going to actually lob Aang's head off, considering how quick it cut away to another show (And the fact that Aang squealed in fright when Zuko suddenly drew the swords at his neck).
killerpenguin55
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #45 on: Apr 10, 2007 12:26 pm »

hahahaha ooooh that john stewart.. he always makes me laugh..

*Let your chakras flow

...the end...<3
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #46 on: Apr 12, 2007 02:46 am »

If you are in the Boston area, and you plan on visiting Anime Boston 2007 (April 20 -22) check out Saturday's offerings.

There will be a panel discussion on Creating comics for Avatar the Last Airbender. For more info:

http://yaytime.deviantart.com/journal/12560767/

http://www.animeboston.com/

If anyone makes it out to the convention, and checks out this discussion, please tell us all about it Smiley

apb1991
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Naughty

« Reply #47 on: Apr 13, 2007 03:01 pm »

I was looking at IGN and the section on Avatar has nothing except the short nick description. There is a button to add info (like wikopedia) but you have to be an IGN Insider.
So if there are any IGN Insiders here maybe everyone here can help you fill it in.
Here is the link: http://tv.ign.com/objects/860/860976.html

Get the Avatar DVD Wallpaper http://tinyurl.com/32d5en
Opal Koboi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fools rush in where lemurs fear to look

« Reply #48 on: Apr 20, 2007 09:56 pm »

This is the best thread I could think of to fit this in.

Just a story about a record breaking sherpah, about to scale mount Everest for an astounding 17th time. Why is it Avatar related? I just love the fact his that his name is Appa.  Grin
Sherpa tries record Everest climb

killerpenguin55
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #49 on: Apr 20, 2007 10:00 pm »

hahah awwww i think its fitting the name him appa! but i bet it had nothing to do with avatar Sad we can pretend though! Grin

*Let your chakras flow

...the end...<3
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: