Jul 23, 2017 12:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Avatar Trainspotting (Official Avatar news or things that relate to ATLA)  (Read 188089 times)
Zubby
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Thanks Maivry!

« on: Dec 12, 2006 12:02 pm »

I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread to note small mentions of Avatar that aren't big enough to get their own topic.

It could be a mention of Avatar in a newspsper article, overhearing a bit of conversation, maybe even seeing a kid in an Avatar t-shirt.

Here's one. The New York Times had an article today about Nickelodeon. It's mainly about how they are staying profitable by sticking with an all-cartoon format. Near the end of the article, there's a short paragraph that mentions Avatar:
"Ms. Zarghami cites Nickelodeon's willingness to invest in shows for the long term as something that sets it apart from rivals. As an example, she points to "Avatar: The Last Airbender," an anime-inspired cartoon that took six years to go from idea to a completed first episode, much longer than normal. Last season it was the eighth-highest rated animated children's series, according to Nielsen."

Here's a link to the article, although you might have to register to read it.
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/12/arts/television/12nick.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

EDIT: Sorry to edit your thread Zubby, but it looks like people have been adding all sorts of miscellaneous information to your thread. I decided to officially open up the thread to include things that remind fans of Avatar as well as actual small avatar bits they run across. Fans were already posting things that reminded them, so to save people from creating "like" topics, I thought an official "addendum" to this thread would suffice Smiley

« Last Edit: May 22, 2008 05:05 pm by Avatar_Mom » Logged

Korrasami is canon-you gotta deal with it!
keeper of Appa, keeper of Aang's wanted poster
keeper of Sokka's sarcasm, keeper of Monk Gyatso's statue
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2007 03:52 am »

Cool idea Zub! I got one for you, it was a bulletin from our beloved Sifu Kisu:

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=692

Check it out Cheesy

Vexx
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Have an Avatar Day.

« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2007 11:20 am »

Thanks Avatar_Mom, I read some of the artical and watched the "YouTube" film. I enjoyed it. Smiley

Sig by Tongone
Keeper of: Sokka's "Take that, you rock," Sokka's watchtower,
Iroh's "Four Seasons" song, and Iroh's spilt tea
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2007 01:54 pm »

No prob!

Got another one for ya. I wasn't sure where to post this one, but I didn't want to take away from the ASN interview thread with this so....

The Track Team was interviewed by Izotope. Check out the cool interview here:

http://www.izotope.com/artists/track_team.asp

WaterTribe_Khai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2007 02:55 pm »

Well, I ran into a girl at Gamestop once, and since the Avatar game was behind her, I mentioned it, and she was a fan. ^_^ Plus, I'm in the anime club at my school, and there are a few fans there that are full of ideas. I think I'm gonna organize a season 3 party or something. ^^
Morgoth
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2007 07:00 pm »

I wish that we had an Anime Club at our school back here in Holland. I'm curious about how many fans there are. My biology teacher is a fan too (he's 44  XD)... maybe an idea to start an anime club???
FullMetal TR
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

By Luna. <3

« Reply #6 on: Feb 09, 2007 09:39 pm »

Hmmm...well, on Tuesday, I saw this kid at something i had to stay after school for, he was like 4, and he was drawing aang and Momo on the chalkboard! I was so excited!! and then, this kid in my class who probably doesn't know what Avatar is went over to help the kid. but I couldn't look very long because it would look like I had a crush on that kid. Which I don't. Really.

Windsong
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Feb 09, 2007 09:51 pm »

I am planning to have an Avatar party with some of my friends.  We agreed that all guests must dress in Avatar themed clothing.  I downloaded some cool contemporary Chinese music and we plan to serve tea, (most prefer iced-tea) Chinese cookies and other tasty treats. We also plan to keep a place available for bosco if he chooses to show up.  I wish you all could come; but we will toast all of our friends in ASW and know you will be there in spirit (Not Koh's).

Av & Sig by Georgie.

Come visit my world: Poetry For Lovers Only--Avatar Style
in the Fan Fiction section of ASN.
jman1009
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Time to face your destiny...

« Reply #8 on: Feb 09, 2007 09:54 pm »

On the day that Avatar Escape from the spirit world came out there was a small article about it in our county's newspaper. It was pretty well done and said some nice things about Avatar, I was impressed.

Sig by Sedai
shoes and sokkas
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9 on: Feb 09, 2007 10:07 pm »

What I'm about to say is basically pointless, but I just bought a Cherry Chocolate phone, and the color it is reminds my friend of Zuko's fire nation robes, so we decided to name it Zuzu.

hahaha I'm not even kidding.

Keeper of Aang's twitching eyebrow.
Keeper of Azula's fire nation hairpeice.
Keeper of Sokka's PIMP!ness.

Quote from: Karalora on Oct 02, 2006 08:22 pm
You call what he did with Jin a kiss? I put on chapstick more passionately than that.

Icon by Frozen
Noelle94
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #10 on: Feb 19, 2007 03:59 pm »

Avatar was mentioned in last night's new episode of "Cold Case"!

Anyways, in the episode, one of the main characters, Lt. John Stillman, was taking care of his 4-year-old grandson at the office. When the little boy first appeared in the scene, he was holding an actionfigure of Avatar Aang.

Then the Lt. looked at the toy. "Who's this?" he asked the little boy. The grandson replied that it was Avatar Aang the airbender.

In another scene, the little boy is drawing a picture of Momo with crayola markers.

Just thought it was worth mentioning. 
Callisto Moon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avi by me!

« Reply #11 on: Feb 19, 2007 07:45 pm »

Well, I ran into a girl at Gamestop once, and since the Avatar game was behind her, I mentioned it, and she was a fan. ^_^ Plus, I'm in the anime club at my school, and there are a few fans there that are full of ideas. I think I'm gonna organize a season 3 party or something. ^^

You have an Anime Club?!?!!
Your school must have actual funding!
Wow, I didn't know funding existed!
Anyway, I'm having a begining of Season 3 sleepover.
I know 6 avatar fans. Only girls coming to sleepover.
2 boys- wach for action
4 girls- 1 for action
          1-Kataang
          1- Zutara
           1- For Sokka only

I'm back! Did anyone miss me?
Doggeh
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Cheer up emo kid!

TwistedDoggeh
« Reply #12 on: Feb 19, 2007 08:25 pm »

While walking into Wal-Mart today I saw a little kid wearing an Avatar snow cap. I just wanted to run up to him and squeeeee and tell him his hat was awesome. Decided it was better not to scare the daylights out of him.

Avatar was mentioned in Cold Case?! Ahh! Thats so cool! Wish I coulda seen that.

My old high school has an anime club. I came back and visited one time wearing my Avatar t-shirt and got a few compliments on it x3

WaterTribe_Khai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Feb 20, 2007 12:47 am »

You have an Anime Club?!?!!
Your school must have actual funding!
Wow, I didn't know funding existed!
Anyway, I'm having a begining of Season 3 sleepover.
I know 6 avatar fans. Only girls coming to sleepover.
2 boys- wach for action
4 girls- 1 for action
          1-Kataang
          1- Zutara
           1- For Sokka only

Well, I'm in college, so yeah, we have funding. The anime club sort of.. makes their own way,though. Can we say, thank you fansubs?
Hotaru
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I will make no such promises.

« Reply #14 on: Feb 20, 2007 09:44 pm »

Avatar is mentioned in the Webcomic Sorcery 101. CAUTION not suitable for young children. Actually this page is ok, but others contain strong language.

http://sorcery101.net/d/20070216.html

The next page also mentions Avatar, but contains strong language so I won't post a link. For those of you who can't see it, the best line is "Silence little man. This is Avatar time."
Mods, I hope it's ok to post this, I'm sorry if it's against the rules, but adult Avatar fans may find it funny.

Sparkly Sparkly Bush Man!
Chaotic Countess
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Jet's Stalking Buddy.

« Reply #15 on: Feb 20, 2007 11:16 pm »

In my Creative Writing class, I was talking to my friend about Avatar.

This random senior turned around and went: "Avatar? That's the only cartoon I watch..."

It was kind of cool, because he's one of those kids who you'd never guess would watch it.

shoes and sokkas
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: Feb 21, 2007 12:17 pm »

I saw this last September in Times Square :

It was huge. And it was awesome.

Keeper of Aang's twitching eyebrow.
Keeper of Azula's fire nation hairpeice.
Keeper of Sokka's PIMP!ness.

Quote from: Karalora on Oct 02, 2006 08:22 pm
You call what he did with Jin a kiss? I put on chapstick more passionately than that.

Icon by Frozen
Morgoth
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: Feb 21, 2007 01:29 pm »

Wow, that one is so cool. I WANT IT IN MY BEDROOM.

Back the other day, I was out cycling with my friends (one of them is also an avatard) and we saw this kid with a backpack which had Aang on it. We both gone like: YOU'RE THE MAN!!!

The kid didn't understand why we were doing that, but it was kinda fun
PaLi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Feb 23, 2007 02:44 pm »

Avatar is mentioned in the Webcomic Sorcery 101. CAUTION not suitable for young children. Actually this page is ok, but others contain strong language.

The next page also mentions Avatar, but contains strong language so I won't post a link. For those of you who can't see it, the best line is "Silence little man. This is Avatar time."
Mods, I hope it's ok to post this, I'm sorry if it's against the rules, but adult Avatar fans may find it funny.
I love the comic on the 21st (http://sorcery101.net/d/20070221.html) because both Doctor Who and Avatar are awesome.

Classical:  Music for the ears.
Oldies:  Music for the soul.
Rap:  Music for the tone-deaf.
Hotaru
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I will make no such promises.

« Reply #19 on: Feb 23, 2007 06:05 pm »

I love the comic on the 21st (http://sorcery101.net/d/20070221.html) because both Doctor Who and Avatar are awesome.

It's nice to know there are Avatar and Doctor Who geeks like us out there. You are right Doctor Who is awesome, I'm excited about the new season, eeek!

Sparkly Sparkly Bush Man!
Noelle94
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #20 on: Mar 07, 2007 08:24 pm »

Avatar was mentioned in last night's new episode of "Cold Case"!

Anyways, in the episode, one of the main characters, Lt. John Stillman, was taking care of his 4-year-old grandson at the office. When the little boy first appeared in the scene, he was holding an actionfigure of Avatar Aang.

Then the Lt. looked at the toy. "Who's this?" he asked the little boy. The grandson replied that it was Avatar Aang the airbender.

In another scene, the little boy is drawing a picture of Momo with crayola markers.

Just thought it was worth mentioning. 

Well, someone messaged me for a link to a clip of it, so here it is!
http://media.putfile.com/Cold-Case-meets-Avatar-The-Last-Airbender
Rawles
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

sorry. i'm fresh out of the ability to care.

SheWhoHathAPen
« Reply #21 on: Mar 07, 2007 09:22 pm »

Tonight on X-Play (a "brutally honest" video game review show on the G4 network) reviewed the Avatar game on the Wii.

It's actually been one of numerous times that they've mentioned Avatar on the show, though as per the nature of the show they weren't being wholly positive. Their schtick on previous occasions has been one of the co-hosts disparaging Avatar and the other being like, "Okay, we make fun of lots of stuff BUT BACK OFF OF AVATAR." Apparently the show's staff is divided! Smiley

LATEST FIC (10/5/07): Something Like It (G. Mai, Azula.)
Spilled in Beside Her (PG-13. Mai, Zuko.)
GRUNT
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Makes art every once in a while.

« Reply #22 on: Mar 07, 2007 11:08 pm »

Cool idea Zub! I got one for you, it was a bulletin from our beloved Sifu Kisu:

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=692

Check it out Cheesy

That promotional art with the Gaang on the great wall of china...I've never seen that promotional art before!  It's fantastic!  Katara's pose and the expression on her face are just...WOW!  Do any of you guys know where I can find a high-res version of that artwork? Cheesy
KeiyaJade
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Keeper of Toph's crush on Sokka

blacknbloofaerie
« Reply #23 on: Mar 08, 2007 12:50 am »

well, yesterday, a mother and her daughter bought one of the lost scrolls books, so naturally i talked to them as i rang them up.  they said the family loves the show, but they only watch the dvds, cause they don't have cable (the mom doesn't like it) and i thought that was really cool.  it's connecting to everyone

A moment of silence for Siri Tachi and Mara Jade...
Fallen Jedi, never forgotten.
rena
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

talk about heartburn...

« Reply #24 on: Mar 08, 2007 04:15 pm »

looks like m. night shyamalan's got his hands full not only writing the script for the atla film, but also directing a film in philly this summer...

i caught this on scifi.com a moment ago: http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=3&id=40422

Looking for a modern-day AU fan fic? Then, click to www.fanfiction.net/~renagrrl to read "College Daze."

Katara and Zuko are students at Ba Sing Se University. What happens when they're forced to work together on a class project? Find out with the rest of the gAang! [Rated T for language]
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: