Sep 19, 2019 03:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:

Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [208] The Chase  (Read 35082 times)
Uzelxa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #225 on: Aug 31, 2009 01:41 pm »

I didn't like how Sokka, Katara, Toph, and Iroh showed up at the end to save the day.  I know Sokka and Katara have Appa to fly them, but how did Toph and Iroh get to there in time? Why didn't Mai and Ty Lee turn up to help Azula? But other than that, loved this episode.  The fights between Toph and Katara are always funny.
water avatar864
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #226 on: Sep 01, 2009 02:48 pm »

katara and toph fighting was hilarious

Signature by tongone
Almost Honest
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #227 on: Sep 02, 2009 04:59 pm »

Also the lizards were awesome, who knew that they would actually walk on the river!

Yep! Just like there real life counterparts, the Basilisk Lizard. Cheesy

http://nsm.maconstate.edu/dsherry/images/basilisklizard.jpg

luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #228 on: Dec 24, 2009 04:02 am »

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned already or if I even stated something in this thread, but one thing I don't get is how Aang and co. are completely tuckered out but Azula, Ty Lee, Mai and Zuko are not. I get the trio, I mean someone else could have been driving the tank train. But Zuko? How could he have been keeping up with them? He was on an ostrich/horse while the others were in a tank and on a flying bison respectively. But yet he catches up with them without even being tired at all. Do Firebenders just travel quickly and have no need for sleep, because Iroh got that far and he was on foot! (but then again Iroh is awesome).
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #229 on: Jan 11, 2010 03:38 pm »

Zuko only started following them when the sun was already up, and the ostrich horse did all the running. Plus Aang must have been waiting for Azula in that village for quite a while, since it was already afternoon by the time they faced of. I guess that gave Zuko the time to catch up with them.

Iroh must have been close-by already, since he met Toph immediately after she left the gaang. My theory is that he was following after Zuko who was somewhat ahead of him, then Zuko turned around to follow Ozai's Angels and so they ended up in the same place again.

honorableninja
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #230 on: Jan 11, 2010 11:48 pm »

i love this episode only thing i don't like about it is when zuko joined in season 3 they did the element combo move again against anyone sure the gang didn't fight a lot of team battles in season 3 but it would have come in handy
Mooseboy018
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"Good morning."

« Reply #231 on: May 26, 2010 02:46 am »

positives:
-Iroh and Toph's tea scene
-Sokka's description of Zuko: some angry freak with a ponytail... Grin
-Toph and Katara's bickering (and it's just the beginning Tongue)
-Katara offering Zuko/Iroh her help
-the gaang's interactions throughout the entire episode
-Azula's Zuko impersonation
-"CLUMPS! THEY'RE CLUMPS!" Cheesy

negatives:
-some of the actual chasing gets a bit repetitive (I know it's supposed to be)

rating: 9.5

I love this episode because it has a unique feel to it and so many great moments, and it has some of my favorite humor in the series.  The gaang being tired and getting on each others' nerves is just hilarious.  There are a lot of goofy moments, but they aren't ridiculously over the top like a lot of the stuff in season 3.

my Last Airbender comics
keeper of: Koh's creepy voice, his laugh, and his three minutes of screen-time.
mbgirl713
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #232 on: Sep 25, 2010 04:41 pm »

wasn't azula lying when she said she surrendered? shouldn't toph have sensed that? i know the episode where toph revealed her human-lie-detector skill thing, but still. i just noticed that.

anyway, 9/10
Nastalgic99
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Firelord you're next.

« Reply #233 on: Sep 25, 2010 08:42 pm »

Azula's just that good in a future episode she obviously lies to toph and she can't even detect it.

Keeper of Bumi's fashion sense, smile, metal coffin, and Jeong Jeong's raggedy robes, and candles.
Proud supporter of the Red Lotus
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #234 on: Sep 25, 2010 09:45 pm »

It's not like they really believed her anyway. Iroh just let his guard down.

Celestine
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Reign of stars.

« Reply #235 on: Sep 26, 2010 11:27 pm »

The animation quality in this episode actually hurts my score a great deal. It's just that terrible. This has been called the worst-animated episode of the series.

Perception is everything.

Keeper of Iroh's past mistakes and Katara's laughter.

Sig by The
Ambrose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #236 on: Sep 27, 2010 09:08 am »

Is it just me, or does the deisgn of Ty Lee, emulate that of Aeris from FF7.

Carpe diem
mbgirl713
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #237 on: Sep 28, 2010 10:24 pm »

Azula's just that good in a future episode she obviously lies to toph and she can't even detect it.
oh yeah. im like zuko: i never think these things through
XP
Toph Bei Master
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Huge Avatar:TLA Fan, love the Avatar Universe

« Reply #238 on: Oct 16, 2010 01:03 pm »

Zuko only started following them when the sun was already up, and the ostrich horse did all the running. Plus Aang must have been waiting for Azula in that village for quite a while, since it was already afternoon by the time they faced of. I guess that gave Zuko the time to catch up with them.

Iroh must have been close-by already, since he met Toph immediately after she left the gaang. My theory is that he was following after Zuko who was somewhat ahead of him, then Zuko turned around to follow Ozai's Angels and so they ended up in the same place again.
Yeah exactly that was good on Zuko parts too bad Iroh was the victim of getting strucked at the end.

The key to earthbending is your stance.
drhorrible61
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am the first Jinora fan.

« Reply #239 on: Mar 09, 2011 07:51 am »

This episode is fun.  It was a great start to expanding Toph's character past what you first see.

newavatarfan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm a real legend

« Reply #240 on: Mar 15, 2011 11:15 am »

The animation quality in this episode actually hurts my score a great deal. It's just that terrible. This has been called the worst-animated episode of the series.

I didn't notice anything particularly awful.

This was a good episode, especially the interaction between the gaang and zuko/iroh. One part of me wishes there had been just a little bit more, but at the same time limiting it gave it more effect.

DoTheDwah
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Get in... I got caaandyyy...

michael_manley_426
« Reply #241 on: May 26, 2011 03:19 pm »

After rewatching this episode, I quickly noticed how shrunken Katara's left arm looks in this one bit:

And I never noticed until now how sharp Azula's fingernails are. I must know her manicurist.

version15
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #242 on: Dec 18, 2013 07:27 pm »

I actually liked this episode a lot. Surprised at the mixed responses.

Keeper of the Red Spirit, both the canon inspiration for the Blue Spirit and the real life title messup in the channel guides on TV
KpKimberly
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Azula ist die wertvollste.

« Reply #243 on: Jan 03, 2014 02:02 pm »

I didn't like how Sokka, Katara, Toph, and Iroh showed up at the end to save the day.  I know Sokka and Katara have Appa to fly them, but how did Toph and Iroh get to there in time? Why didn't Mai and Ty Lee turn up to help Azula? But other than that, loved this episode.

The biggest mystery in that episode. I think they wanted to portray Azula again alone in the darkness, only to show Zuzu and Iroh on the bright side...-_-

Well, I love that episode. One of the best chapters. My favorite part is the fight between Azula, Zuzu and Aang.
9,5/10

Sorry for my grammar.
Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King of Heroes, Gilgamesh

« Reply #244 on: Jan 03, 2014 02:18 pm »

I didn't like how Sokka, Katara, Toph, and Iroh showed up at the end to save the day.  I know Sokka and Katara have Appa to fly them, but how did Toph and Iroh get to there in time? Why didn't Mai and Ty Lee turn up to help Azula? But other than that, loved this episode.

The biggest mystery in that episode. I think they wanted to portray Azula again alone in the darkness, only to show Zuzu and Iroh on the bright side...-_-

Well, I love that episode. One of the best chapters. My favorite part is the fight between Azula, Zuzu and Aang.
9,5/10

Okay...

1) Toph can track people with her earthbending. It's not a challenge for her and she has done it countless of times.
2) We know in the same episode that Iroh is following Zuko. Iroh says it himself "If he needs me, I'll be there"

Toph can move with earthbending, as shown in the Crossroads of the Destiny and that makes up for her fast travel. Iroh was always nearby Zuko.

Mai and Ty Lee don't even have bending to use to get to Azula in time. Katara and Sokka had Appa.

It's pretty logical to expect, that these people would come to aid Aang/Zuko pretty fast. They had the means for it.

Okay, Ty Lee and Mai did have those animals, or whatever they were, but how do you expect them to know where Azula is? Sure Sokka and Katara were also unaware, but they can cover a big ground, again thanks to Appa.

So, I don't see how it shows Azula being in "darkness". It only shows that Azula is so badass that she needs all this people for her to admit that she lost Cheesy
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #245 on: Dec 31, 2014 11:19 am »

Although this episode is a fan-favorite, I wasn't really invested in it. Episodes like this make me realize how important the amimation of this franchise is to me. Anyway, I liked the Toph and Iroh scene. It wasn't as great as some people say, but it was nice. I also enjoyed the gaang fighting. It makes sense that Toph would upset their dynamic, at least at first. As for the wild west setting, I think Zuko Alone did a better job at using it. In my opinion, the showdown at the end of the episode was kind of boring.
Spiritwhisperer
Board Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #246 on: Dec 31, 2014 11:26 am »

Episodes like this make me realize how important the amimation of this franchise is to me.

I'm curious, could you elaborate what you mean with this?

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #247 on: Dec 31, 2014 11:36 am »

Episodes that look bad aren't particularly enjoyable to me. Animation isn't everything, but I do place a high value on it.
Spiritwhisperer
Board Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #248 on: Dec 31, 2014 11:41 am »

Ah okay, then I understood what you meant Wink I always thought the fireblasts in the final fight looked really weird.

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: