Oct 22, 2019 05:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:

Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [208] The Chase  (Read 35341 times)
Pandora
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: May 26, 2006 04:01 pm »

Official Description: As the kids are pursued relentlessly by a mysterious machine, their exhaustion puts them at each other's throats.

Discuss!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006 07:01 pm by Pandora » Logged
Ashes
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

redstar312@hotmail.com pnksqrrl318 pnksqrrl315
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006 07:29 pm »

Great episode    Grin  i liked how they fought together against Azula   

i just hope Iroh is fine!

Firelord Sunny
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yip yip!

ladymecha
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006 07:30 pm »

This episode was far better then discribed, it was very cool to see the benders work together on one great moment...

But man Iroh.... I hope he isnt dead  Embarrassed

Space, the final frontier...
These are the voyages of the flying bison Appa.
His ongoing mission, to explore strange new worlds,
To help Aang seek out new bending masters and escape the firenation.
To boldy go where no flying bison has gone before...

Keeper of Davros' frozen head
Fuzzy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

fuzzytoesocks@hotmail.com emilythepissed
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006 07:32 pm »

Wow, I was wondering how they'd incorporate the machine. Speaking of which, that thing is freaking fast.

The Katara/Toph interaction was funny, but slightly annoying. More funny than annoying, though.

Toph meeting up with Iroh was a complete surprise to me, and their little talk was cute.

Mei was being her usual life sucks self, and Ty Lee was kicking butt. xD "Is just me, or is that guy kind of cute?" I was near squeeing. xDD I know that Citrus is gonna be happy.

The ending scene was amazing. Beautiful animaion, ots of bending, and the first time we see Zuko on the same side as Aang and crew. Foreshadowing? I think so. Grin

I-iroh...noo...he can't be dead. He can't be. Azula's gonna pay, that she is. She has a pissed off Zuko after her now.

Also, I don't know why, but I'm getting a faint hint of Azula/Aang, but in an..evil way, you know?

In all, wonderful, wonderful episode. 9/10.

Zukofan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006 07:33 pm »

OH MY F*CKING GAWD!  IROH!  Zuko, what havve you done!?!? YOU MIGHT HAVE JUST COST IROH HIS LIFE!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay, BREATHE...
This was a very cool episode, because we saw EVERYONE in it!  And all at the same time!  Yes, major foreshadowing with Zuko and Iroh joining in against Azula.  But DAMN IT, ZUKO!  If Iroh dies, it will be your fault!  Katara could've helped.... :'(

There were some very funny parts...
Aang: mgf...*stifles laugh* "Zuzu...?"
Azula: Don't you see the family resemblence?  Okay, here's a hint: *puts hand on face* "I must capture the Avatar to regain my honor..."

Edited to remove no less than 50 extraneous exclamation points. Please don't abuse your keyboard like that again. Thanks. ~Pandora
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006 08:30 pm by Pandora » Logged
MonCapitan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Mmm.. Redheads

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006 07:33 pm »

Poor Iroh.  I felt bad for him.  Katara could have helped him.

OH MY F*CKING GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  IROH!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Zuko, what havve you done!?!? YOU MIGHT HAVE JUST COST IROH HIS LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Zuko was overcome with grief and could not think straight.  I can't entirely blame him for hies reaction especially when you consider the fact that he has always thought of Aang and his companions as his enemies.

Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population
Zarr
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006 07:34 pm »

Gwah. That was so sad at the end. If only Zuko has let Katara help. Poor Iroh...I doubt he'll be okay, personally.

But that was a cool episode. I like how they played up the conflict bewteen the team through most of it. It was pretty neat to have Toph and Iroh meet like that, didn't see that coming at all. And that was pretty unexpected when Katara and them showed up. I had been expecting Zuko to burst in. And then they all went POW on Azula, serves her right, the little stupidhead. Now we're gonna be wondering what happened to her until the next episode, dammit. Maybe she'll get a scar like Zuko. See how she likes it.

Haha, signature. What? Yeah.
Zukofan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006 07:40 pm »

Zuko was overcome with grief and could not think straight.  I can't entirely blame him for hies reaction especially when you consider the fact that he has always thought of Aang and his companions as his enemies.
I KNOW THAT!!! 
But I still feel like he made a horrible mistake...!
Acastus
Expert Advisor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Victim of the gelatinous cube.

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006 07:46 pm »

Good episode, though the cliffhanger is hell on the nerves. I wasn't that enthused by the episode description, but it came off well. We still haven't really gotten to see Toph gel with the group, but I have no doubt that she can. I think the four can have a good dynamic if the writers choose to take them in that direction.

The spaghetti western parallels were running high again in this episode as well. The showdown at the end came complete with ghost town. Although there was no Ennio Morricone music in this episode that I could identify, the eye shots between Aang, Azula and Zuko were straight from "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly" - with Aang as the Good, Azula as the Bad, and Zuko (scar and all) as the Ugly. Amazing.

And yeh - back to the cliffhanger. If Iroh dies, I will be a sad, sad person. That guy is my hero.

I'm working on screenshots for this episode now and will post later tonight.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006 07:48 pm by Acastus » Logged
MonCapitan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Mmm.. Redheads

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2006 07:53 pm »

I KNOW THAT!!! 
But I still feel like he made a horrible mistake...!
He most definitely did.  I hope it doesn't cost Iroh's life.  Hopefully this thread will be followed up on in next week's episode.  I don't want to wait until episode 10 to find out what happens to Iroh.

Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population
Firelord Sunny
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yip yip!

ladymecha
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2006 07:54 pm »

The spaghetti western parallels were running high again in this episode as well. The showdown at the end came complete with ghost town. Although there was no Ennio Morricone music in this episode that I could identify, the eye shots between Aang, Azula and Zuko were straight from "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly" - with Aang as the Good, Azula as the Bad, and Zuko (scar and all) as the Ugly. Amazing.
Yeh i was expecting some Morricone music myself... but the eye shots were definately out of TGTBATU

Green Lizard
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2006 07:57 pm »

Uh...Iroh isn't dead because...they mention him in the movie desciption. Undecided  I don't think they'd kill a character off just like that, Avatar is skating on thin ice as it is.

Anyway. Very good episode. My only complaint is that they spent too much time running away from the ATM machine (Azula, Ty Lee, and Mai...get it? ATM...in a machine? Ha ha. Ha ha. Laugh!  Angry ) and because that's so it felt like the ending was rushed a bit.

9/10
Firelord Sunny
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yip yip!

ladymecha
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2006 08:00 pm »

thats actually a nice nickname there for it, maybe the ATM machine will return...

as for the movie discription who knows if its true or not, nick has been known to lie before

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

~Avatar Rules~

orlandolover3434
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2006 08:03 pm »

Okay awesome episode.  I thought from the description it was going to be I dunno not very good I guess. Then I saw the preview and got a little more excited. And just watching...well it was AWESOME! There was so much going on and ugh! Gosh I have waited and waited for Iroh to come back and I get my wish and then bang, crazy psycho Azula just had to go and hit him! He better be okay or I'm going to be one really upset angry girl!!! :'( And now I have to wait until next friday to see what is going to happen next!  Sad My Zutara side was happy b/c Katara was like Zuko I can help. I know not much, but yet just enough!  Cheesy Did I meantion I hate cliffhangers?  Angry 

Banner made by Quadgurl.
Swamp Dweller
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Toph, you rule.

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2006 08:04 pm »

Wow, that Azula is one smart girl. As much as I would like to stick her lightning-bending fingers down her own throat right now, I can't help but think that she will use that to her advantage somehow. She was surrounded by three master benders, her own firebending brother, an experienced warrior, and the freaking Avatar for Appa's sake, and it took her calculating mind just a few seconds to come up with a plan. What better way to distract them than unexpectedly killing the one person she knew her temperamental brother will react to the most with his fiery rage? And if this person happens to be His Royal Tea-loving Kookiness, one of the only people in the world who might pose a threat for her ambitious plans of becoming a Fire Lady, all the better. The girl is clearly a mastermind.

That said though I really do hope Iroh is not dead, and I'm pretty sure I heard him sighing there for a second.

Are you so busy fighting you cannot see your own ship has set sail? --Ancient Irohnian proverb
Force
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2006 08:09 pm »

Whooooo, the description gave this episode no justice. I thought it was gonna be some long, drawn out chase seen (hence the name) but it was so much more.

Lets see, first of all, the diologe in this episode plesently surprised me. There was some good writing where that was concerned, particullary during the quartet's attempts to get some sleep. Something about those scenes seemed so close to real life, it was really cool. The person everyone had their eye on in this episode was Toph of course and I think she was just fine. Admittedly, it will take a bit for me to see her as a true member of the group as she kinda sticks out, but she'll sink in eventually. She doesn't seem to me like she's gonna drag anything down. The scene with her and Iroh was unexpected but cute none the less.

Then we have Azula and of course she was super-omgosh-awesome. It toke and airbending master, an earthbending master, a waterbending master, a firebending master, another firebender, and a guy with a boomerang to take her down. Wow. But the whole spagetti western thing is admittedly getting kinda old. I enjoy the duals, but the high noon situations are getting annoying. While I'm on the fights, Sokka is seriously getting better and that's a good thing.

Crazy4Avatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2006 08:09 pm »

Maybe she'll get a scar like Zuko. See how she likes it.
Now why do I find that hysterically funny?

This episode was one of the best I've ever seen. It had some funny moments, like the one where Toph reffers to Appa's shedding leaving a trail for the tank to follow, then Aang infuriating her enough to make her leave, then realizing that she was right.

One scene I didn't expect was the one showing Zuko following the tank's trail. I always thought that it would be Azula tracking Zuko and not the other way around.

On one last note, someone in another thread in these forums predicted that Azula might eventually kill Iroh. Seems like that is exactly what happened, and it makes me wonder if the show's producers are letting fan comments influence the show. I would not be surprise if some of the forum members are Nick employees and using our comments as inspiration for new episodes!

Keeper of Lord Momo's cape, Appa's New Saddle, & Aang's New Glider.
Firelord Sunny
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yip yip!

ladymecha
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2006 08:16 pm »

well if that is the case:

BRING IROH BACK TO LIFE YOU SPOOTHEADS!!!! Tongue
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006 08:19 pm by Firelord Sunny » Logged

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

~Avatar Rules~

orlandolover3434
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2006 08:17 pm »

Alot of people don't like the western theme, but I don't seem to mind it much. I guess it's because I don't pay that much attention to it. Oh well.  And yeah I'm glad Sokka is getting better. I got tired of him being the only "bad" one in the group. As for Toph, she is growing on me. I didn't like her very much at first, but I'm starting to like her. I think she will do fine with the group now.

Banner made by Quadgurl.
Donald
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2006 08:20 pm »

IROH IS NOT DEAD! (See my thread for details)

That said, there were three best moments in this episodes:

1. The injury of Iroh at the end...that was as shocking as Dan Turpin from Superman!

2. "YES! That's it! CLUMPS!" ---Ty Lee

3. Azula running into a building with no floor and nearly falling in a comical way, but able to maintain balance...then Zuko runs in yelling in anger and he falls.  Cheesy
Swamp Dweller
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Toph, you rule.

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2006 08:21 pm »

Maybe she'll get a scar like Zuko. See how she likes it.
Now why do I find that hysterically funny?
Because it would be pretty ironic, after her hilarious Zuko imitation, maybe Grin?

Are you so busy fighting you cannot see your own ship has set sail? --Ancient Irohnian proverb
Haze
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2006 08:24 pm »

Usually the humor on this show never gets to me, but in this episode I actually laughed out loud for the first time (I normally just chuckle on the inside). When Sokka was fighting Ty Lee and she did her kyusho jitsu to his arms, I couldn't stop laughing.

I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal.
Kereea
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Moordryd Payyn and Prince Zuko rock!

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2006 08:28 pm »

Oh...my....gawd.....IROH! NO! Embarrassed Embarrassed Angry Angry
Still, I expected somethin' like that, eversince that bit with the fire and Zhao and the fish in the season finale... Iroh can't help Zuko forever....
The Aa/Az/Zu fight was funny. Still I hoped for some mai and zuko interaction in this episode... oh well, neext week looks like an Aang's group only, maybe in tewo weeks....

(kereea is a supporter and rabid fangirl of both boys above. Insult them at your own risk)
Keeper of whatever i can get my hands on, all the good stuff's already claimed...Keeper of Mai's knives! Yeah!
Firelord Sunny
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yip yip!

ladymecha
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2006 08:33 pm »

Oh...my....gawd.....IROH! NO! Embarrassed Embarrassed Angry Angry
Still, I expected somethin' like that, eversince that bit with the fire and Zhao and the fish in the season finale... Iroh can't help Zuko forever....
The Aa/Az/Zu fight was funny. Still I hoped for some mai and zuko interaction in this episode... oh well, neext week looks like an Aang's group only, maybe in tewo weeks....

no on the 9th of June Nick begins its "nick movies all summer on friday at 8:00" campaign, so no new avatar this summer outside of the possible avatar movie this July.

someone198
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2006 09:01 pm »

I didn't like it. It felt like a bunch of great ideas and greta material thrown together poorly, like how making a soup from all your favorite foods would turn out. The talk between Iroh and Toph, the return of ATm/Ozai's Angels (can't decide which name I like better), "ha-ha... Zuzu?", all the elements colliding in one explosion during the battle... all great ideas, but I didn't like how it all flowed. It seemed rushed, for one. Nobody seemed to have abig enough role or any situation be given enough attention. Things were brought up and left ahnging not ni the cliffhanger or opportunity-for-development way but in a 30-minute-limit way, IMO. I also found the animation  absolutely deplorable, terrible... too bad for any adjective to describe.

Finally, no Mai/Zuko interaction at all, but
Ty Lee: Is it just me, or *was that guy kinda cute?*
GIVE ME A BREAK!! What were they thinking?! Ridiculous, out-of-this-world shipping is for fans, not writers! I hope that's the last we see of that.

I don't feel let down. A lot happened, not a filler, some good moments, like I said, but I've seen much better, story-wise and art-wise, so I'm not impressed.

One final note on Zuko's reaction to Katara's offer for help: He's never seen her heal, and she's probably the first Water Bender he ever met, so he had no reason to assume "helping" meant using her powers to save his uncle instantly with no doubt of success. I can't say I would have reacted any differently.
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: