Dec 10, 2019 02:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate these episodes:
10 - 756 (74.6%)
9 - 136 (13.4%)
8 - 59 (5.8%)
7 - 27 (2.7%)
6 - 12 (1.2%)
5 - 7 (0.7%)
4 - 2 (0.2%)
3 - 2 (0.2%)
2 - 1 (0.1%)
1 - 11 (1.1%)
Total Voters: 968

Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [219 & 220] The Guru & The Crossroads of Destiny  (Read 99830 times)
Acastus
Expert Advisor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Victim of the gelatinous cube.

« on: Dec 01, 2006 08:59 pm »

Short description for "The Guru": A guru at the Eastern Air Temple helps Aang take the next step in his Avatar journey. Sokka meets his long lost father. Azula hatches

Short description "The Crossroads of Destiny": The heroes work together to stop Azula's destructive plans; Katara spends more time with Zuko, who learns the time has come to make a choice about his future. Aang's destiny hangs in the balance - and so does Zuko's, as Uncle tells him it is "time to choose."a diabolical plan, and Uncle and Zuko open a new tea shop.

Discuss!

Swamp_gas
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:00 pm »

i am so sad... good episode
nice story... poor aang
Quadgurl
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Zutarian queen at your service-o

« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:01 pm »

I. Am. So. PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW!!

WORST ENDING EVER!!! What...? Huh...? ZUKO!?! Why did he turn EVIL!? I can't believe it! I was expecting it to be SO different! This was a MAJOR disappointment! I... Gr....

Sokaang + Zutara = My Avatar ships Grin
Join the zutarian-empire today! http://zutarian-empire.deviantart.com
Krahe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Full of bees.

Casket0seduction
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:05 pm »

Oh my God...Just...Oh my God.  I need to calm down before I can post anything coherent.  I'm shaking...Just...Oh, Zuko...

Poisoned and hopeless.  Sleeping beauty.

Keeper of Zuko's bare, sweaty torso.
blood101
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

danthedude1218
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:06 pm »

Oh my God...Just...Oh my God.  I need to calm down before I can post anything coherent.  I'm shaking...Just...Oh, Zuko...
ditto
Ice
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Iceliness
« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:08 pm »

...well...didn't see THAT coming. (So much for everyone's Zuko teaching Aang firebending theory)

I seriously thought Zuko was going to help Katara and Aang when he popped up.  Bet that Ozai still hates him next season.

And, are the Earth King and Bosco gonna be flying around with the gAang now?  And what's going to happen to Iroh?

Metalbending=awesome. And I loved Mai here.  "Just take the bear."  She really needs some excitement in her life.

And I so predicted some big explosion when Katara was about to heal Zuko's scar.  And Katara has pretty hair.
Kaption
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:08 pm »

HAHAHAHA. That was bloody amazing! The ending had me with my jaw to the floor. Zuko showed his true colors, and as I had an inkling, one season was not enough to change him. He still grasp at the oppurtunity to be in Daddy's good favor, even going so far as betraying Iroh. That was something I thought would never happen. Zuko is Anakin Skywalker.

The fangirls will riot, but I applaude the writers for giving us something no one would expect. There was symbolism in Zuko keeping his scar. That she used it on Aang means Zuko's scar is destined to stay. Even if it means as a mark of what he did, betraying Iroh.

I liked when Aang burst into the room during the 'three second' Zuko and Katara moment, and she immediately rushed over to him - Aang's eyebrow was aimed at the audience, as if saying, 'Hype is a hell of a thing, isn't it?' Aang 'giving' up on Katara is going to be harder than just meditating, this I know, as Katara looks as if she isn't letting go of him. Aang nearly dying was heartwrenching, in that, for a split second, I wondered if he might actually have died. Though I know that was impossible. I'll admit, I enjoyed this turn of events. Aang failing after achieving the Avatar State was heartbreaking; at least he has Katara for support.

Aang truly shined in the first episode. When he was unblocking his chakras, I cheered him on. The grief chakra was interesting. "Three Chakras ago this was a good thing!"

Toph's metalbending was as I hoped it'd be, not too show-off-y, just enough where she can bend a door slightly.

All in all, the second episode was the best. It was just so fast-paced and, and, and...
« Last Edit: Dec 01, 2006 09:33 pm by Kaption » Logged
Ceran
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:10 pm »

So much for Zuko.  What an utter, utter disappointment.  I kept expecting him to say, "Ha, gotcha!" and turn on Azula, but no dice to that.  It would have been such a good setup for a Zuko vs Azula duel, too.
I just wonder what this means for Aang.  How did he give Katara up?  Does he not love her any more?  Was it merely the act of leaving her to fend for herself while he meditated?

Great episode up until the ending, though.  It feels like the past five months of character development all got thrown out the window.  Season three has a lot to answer to.
Foofoocuddlypoops
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Aww, how cute!

« Reply #8 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:13 pm »

Wow. That was AMAZING! This is what I've been waiting for! Some people seem surprised that Zuko joined Azula's side. I kind of prdeicted it. I knew his new, optomistic self wouldn't last long and I was suspicious throughout the entire episode. Though it was cute while it lasted!  Wink

Things I liked about the episode:
Toph: Way to go, metalbender! I knew they couldn't keep you for long! Loved the walking earthbending thing too. And what were you doing holding Sokka's arm?
Katara: I knew you wouldn't heal Zuko's scar. And let me tell you, that water went to a much better cause. Some cool bending - I always did like the octopus stance.
Sokka: Looks like Ty Lee has taken a definate interest in you. But you seem to be all eyes for Suki.
Aang: Wow. Loved how you hung on to Katara - at least for a little while. I'm sorry, but I don't think you can give up Katara for the Avatar State. (or at least I hope not)
Zuko: Your niceness was sweet, but I knew that it wouldn't last. But now what? Do you really think Azula will give you what you want? Do you know what you want? As for teaching Aang firebending, I don't think that can happen - at least not for a while.
Suki: Were art thou Suki?
Jet: Hmm. Almost forgot about him. Are we ever going to find out what happened to you?

I love the humor between Aang and the Guru and between Toph and Yu and Xin Fu. Onion-banana juice - Aang's face was funny when he drank it. And what's with Toph holding Sokka's arm? Was it just for protection or was it something more? The possibility of her having a crush on Sokka is becoming more realistic. But maybe I'm just overreacting and Toph has come to think of Sokka, Katara and Aang as her family. But is it just me or does Toph seem to pay more attention to Sokka than the other members of the family? I also loved Aang's face to Zuko when he was hugging Katara. That made me laugh. I actually laughed a lot during these episodes. And what's with all the bathroom humor?

As for the Avatar State, what happened to Aang? He went into the Avatar State and then Azula shot lightning at him, right? It got him out of the Avatar State, but did it take back Aang "giving up" Katara? Did he really even give her up? Was it a one time thing? If he really did give up Katara, what does that mean exactly? He doesn't love her anymore? After this episode it certainly seems like Katara really loves Aang- she always did, but could it be the kind of love Aang feels (felt??) for her? That water definatly got a better use - saving Aang's life as opposed to healing (possibly) Zuko's scar.

I knew Aang couldn't die, but I was still scared. I was shaking through the entire show and was grabbing on to the couch for dear life. Though I'm not entirely sure why. I loved all of Aang's flashbacks when he was "cleaning his chakras" They were so sad and I loved them! But they seemed to open up fairly easily.

Did anybody see the description for the Guru on Nick.com? Well here's part of it:

Aang arrives at the Eastern Air Temple with Appa and meets the Guru (from 2.16.) The Guru is delighted to finally meet the Avatar. He places his hand on Aang's arrow and says, "you are an emotional time bomb. If you do not deal with your inner turmoil and gain control of the Avatar state, you will become the most destructive force in the world."

I don't remember any of that happening! Maybe spoilers for Season 3?

Anyways, Zuko's betrayal was not a surprise to me. I don't know why, it just wasn't. I guess I just never believed the nice, happy Zuko. But I did like it. Also I seemed to be a fortune teller today. I kept predicting what was going to happen, and it came true! It was pretty amazing. Oh and I won a bet against my friend. She said that Zuko and Katara would kiss or hug. She's a big Zutara fan and I'm a big Kataang fan, so that kind of clashes. But it's interesting!  Grin

And what about Aang's clothes? Whenever he burns or rips his clothes, they just seem to go back to normal. And his clothes looked like rags by the end of the episode. How does he get new ones?

Hm. Can't remember anything else now, so I'll leave it there. But I'm positive that I've forgotten something and I'll remember it while reading other posts.

Edit: I also loved how you see the front of Aang when he's standing on that cliff in the opening thing. That was pretty sweet.
« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2006 05:05 pm by Foofoocuddlypoops » Logged

Skye
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I have an Avatar obsession ;P

« Reply #9 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:14 pm »

WHAT THE HELL DID ZUKO DO.

I am SO pissed.

And impatient for the next season.

ARGHHH :ISAJE:FSJ:FJZ:Zj;ij;

Icon by tentacruel @ Livejournal
Sarcastic Master
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #10 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:15 pm »

OMG! What an episode. There's so much to mull over and think about. All I can say is:

Aang- Has he actually let go of Katara, or was that a one time thing? He appears to be somewhat perceptive, and did gain control of the Avatar State.
Katara- Finally, some memorable bending from her!
Sokka- Finally! We saw his dad. Too bad it wasn't long. And Ty Lee flirts with him again.
Toph- Looks like we got ourselves a metal bender. So cool.
Zuko- I was shocked. A whole season of developement. Wasted. I know the argments, he will still turn good at the last second, but right now, wasted. And Katara will never trust him.
Iroh- Dragon of the West indeed. I can't believe he and Zuko kinda fought. Especially after Zuko's metamorphisis.
Azula- Of all the nerve! It's hard to believe Zuko fell for that again!
Ty Lee and Mai- Some good parts with them, the most with Ty Lee's attempts to flirt and Mai's "Just take the bear."
Long Feng- Did he really believe he would outsmart the Fire Nation Princess?
Dai-Li- More of their power. They are powerful. That one with the scar was really memorable. I knew he played an important part.
Kyoshi Warriors- So... what happened to them?
Guru- Small part. I really thought he would've had a bigger impact on Aang.

Over all I think it's the best episode yet, or one of the top ones.

I am an ASN PRIMORDIAL TITAN!
Rekka No Ryo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:15 pm »

I saw zuko stabbing iroh in the back from a mile away. Zuko still thinks he needs his dad to restore his honor when in reality he doesnt. so much for all those zuko/katara fan fics and her healing his scar.

Keeper of The Title of Phoenix King
Keeper of The Phoenix King Outfit (including helmet!)
Keeper of  The Title of Ninja Zuko
Lei
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Apparently not.

« Reply #12 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:18 pm »

I'm almost crying. Zuko is SUCH a loser. BUT. Zutara's NOT DEAD. NEVER! Kataang may be, since Aang sort of Gave her up, but that's not important. I'm so pissed at Zuko. How could he?! I knew he was too nice in the beginning. D: Azula always lies!! ALWAYS! Watch, she's gonna betray him. Did anyone catch that look Katara gave him before she left the cave?

I draw! (golly!)
Keeper of Sokka's beard and Toph's discarded soles.
Robot Mule
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Turba, Cunfusio, Inordinatum

« Reply #13 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:18 pm »

Zuko is the antaganist of the story. If he's one of the good guys he wouldn't be the antaganist anymore. I plan on last minute turning.

And did I mention Toph is made of bad ass and swirls? Cause it's true.

http://forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?topic=460.msg893373#msg893373
By reading this signature I have wasted SECONDS of your time you will never get back. MWAHAHAHAHAHA!
FlamingBabiez
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Many thanks to Mike & Bryan for a great story!

« Reply #14 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:19 pm »

Zuko...why?

All in all a good finale, did anyone else think the chakras were opened a bit too easily?
LotusTile
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Sweet Baby Bison!

« Reply #15 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:20 pm »

Am I the only person happy Zuko remains a villain? After watching the preview on TurboNick and "The Guru" I was honestly afraid he'd gone soft and I was not liking him as a character any more. Granted, I'm as shocked as everyone else that he did what he did.

I'm just shocked period. This episode definately makes me need another drink and another viewing before I can properly judge.

But, on a side note, Toph is teh win.

Keeper of the baby bisons | Keeper of the Eastern Air Temple's baby bison teething ring.
Keeper of Old Sweepy's broom. | Keeper of the Earth King's spectacles.
Dementedhamster6
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:20 pm »

I for one am extremly happy Azula was just a plain badass this whole episode and her sudden un expected team up with zuko was more than a thirll. The last 10 minute fight scene was one of the most amazing iv ever seen.

Thank you cheyanne for making this Picture for me Smiley
One of the few Mai/Azula fans out there Sad
|Keeper of Mais Boredom|
|Keeper of Azulas Di Lee outfit|
|Keeper of the lordress of Ba Sing Sei|
KeiyaJade
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Keeper of Toph's crush on Sokka

blacknbloofaerie
« Reply #17 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:21 pm »

i don't even know what to say, i'm that much in shock.  although toph is the coolest earthbender ever, and i loved it when she was hanging on sokka's arm.

when does season three start?

A moment of silence for Siri Tachi and Mara Jade...
Fallen Jedi, never forgotten.
Skye
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I have an Avatar obsession ;P

« Reply #18 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:25 pm »

When does the next season begin, anyway?

The creators are trying to kill us from anticipation! Tongue It COULD be possible.
« Last Edit: Dec 01, 2006 09:28 pm by Skye » Logged

Icon by tentacruel @ Livejournal
Rukie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #19 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:26 pm »

Count me among the pissed-with-Zuko. And Iroh is AMAZING, and so is Toph, I love how she learned how to metal-bend just once, and then was able to do it so easilly after that (lol at the door bounding down the hall after it was smacked around by Toph). Does this mean that Aang will be able to slip in and out of the Avatar State at will from now on?

But Zuko really disappointed me.
Sonri7
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Speak, even when your voice shakes

« Reply #20 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:28 pm »

Oh my goodness. This season finale left me competely stunned, and sad.

I feel so bad for Zuko. I don't believe he did what his Uncle told him to do and really looked in his heart. Now he's stuck with Azula until he finally decides to do what's right again.

And Aang! My poor Aang. I love him so much more now. It was great watching him resolve all those conflicts in his life, but when it came to the end, my heart broke for him. What a choice he had to make. And in the end when he tried to let go of Katara and it didn't work, it's the bottom of hopelessness. He must feel horrible right now. How can he defeat the Fire Lord if he can't even take down Azula and Zuko? I'm glad he's still alive at least, but what happens now with the Avatar State? Was the bridge in space collapsing a symbol that it's completely gone now?

Oh yes, and delete everything I've said about metalbending, because my girl Toph is AWESOME Wink. When she said, "Toph, you rule!" I shouted "YES YOU ARE!!" Even though Aang's lost the Avatar State, I think that what he learned in opening the six chakrams will help him, such as the part about all the elements being connected. Hopefully it will help him master fire.

And don't forget about Katara. She was about to take Azula down before Zuko showed up.

All in all, it's a great Season 2 Finale! We have a lot to look forward to in Season 3 Grin

"The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can touch the poison of hatred without being harmed. Since beginningless time, darkness thrives in the void, but always yields to purifying light."
LotusTile
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Sweet Baby Bison!

« Reply #21 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:28 pm »

I just had a thought.

What happened in those few minutes where Azula left Zuko alone with Iroh? How did Iroh get free of free crystals?

Maybe, just maybe things aren't what they seem and the creators/writers want to leave us on edge for a few months when they pull their hat-trick?

Keeper of the baby bisons | Keeper of the Eastern Air Temple's baby bison teething ring.
Keeper of Old Sweepy's broom. | Keeper of the Earth King's spectacles.
macadamwest
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:28 pm »

IROHHHHHHHH!!!!! NOOO!!!

D*MN YOU ZUKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Omg this was a wonderful eppy but it was so powerful. It was so powerful. It was like Uncle was talking to me the whole time.

Man this finale broke my heart. What happened to Uncle? How could such a kind man even care for such a jerk? I hate Zuko with every inch of my being at this moment.

I had hopes for him but Illusions shattered. I hate him. He can't make up his mind.

And anng, and Iroh--Iroh he is so kind= DID YOU SEE HIM STICK UP FOR KATARA AND AANG?

Did Iroh Die?

Man---

When is the next episode. I will only watch from here on out to see if Iroh is still alive.
I mean everything Season two brought was just thrown out the window. I don't forsee anything.

Even though i hate zuko-i still like azula-but I hate Zuko.
abby724
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #23 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:29 pm »

I really agree with manysidestome.

Yeesh, Zuko fell for that again? I thought he was wiser now. Well, at least he felt remorse for Iroh. Personally, I don't think he's a true villain, like Azula. And then he sides with her, gawd... were the creators rushing? Andf he knows Azula always lies... and after what Iroh told him, you know, the thing that he wouldn't banish Zuko if he didn't care, well... Oh, coem on. And that dream, the dream about his mother, you'd think he'd respect her wishes. Well, sure, we don't know exactly that Ursa wanted Zuko to be nice to everyone, but you know...

It's like he completely forgot about his mother. Hello, the one that you lost to the Fire Nation? The one that actually cared, loved, and protected you besides Iroh? Hello? And now you're siding with the one that really tries to kill you, humiliate you, oh, come on!
« Last Edit: Dec 01, 2006 09:32 pm by abby724 » Logged

Elemental Harmony
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The Avatar maintains balance

« Reply #24 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:30 pm »

I had to give it a ten, for sheer enthralling...ness. Whatever.

This was a magnificent episode! The emotional depth...I'm just, I can't even form a sentence. Allow me to get the geek out for a minute.

Oh snap, Toph is a metal bender! Kataang vs. Zutara just exploded. Zuko, how can you be so naive? Azula, you manipulative *explative deleted*! Aang, Aang you mastered it, I'm so proud of you! Nearly wept while he unblocked the grief. Sokka gets a father and son moment, yay Sokka! TOKKA MOMENT! I HATE Ty Lee with a burning passion. What the hell did they do with Suki and Co.? What's going to happen to Iroh? The Earth Kingdom has fallen, what are we going to do now?

Whew. Okay, I feel a bit better now.

First: happy Zuko made me very uncomfortable. I know he had an epiphany during the fever, but he pulled a total 180...And then at the end I sincerely thought Zuko was there to help. I was practically jumping out of my seat, I was so proud of him. And then...I just deflated. I couldn't believe it. Who exacty IS this boy? But hope is not lost. If he hasn't already, he'll realize he made the wrong choice soon enough. Assuming Ozai doesn't pull anything sick when they get home, I now fully expect Zuko to become a last minute rescue. But that's a discussion for another thread.

ANYWAY. Our heroes are in a world of trouble now. They really will have to stop Ozai all on their own. My God. I really have no idea where we're headed next, folks. But I can't wait until season three begins.

Now, when is that?

Avi by Diet Otaku = So. Much. Love.

I have gone to find myself. If I show up while I'm gone, keep me here until I get back.

366 Ripples: An activist movement in the making.
http://366ripples.blogspot.com
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: