Jan 23, 2018 05:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate these episodes:
10 - 756 (74.6%)
9 - 136 (13.4%)
8 - 59 (5.8%)
7 - 27 (2.7%)
6 - 12 (1.2%)
5 - 7 (0.7%)
4 - 2 (0.2%)
3 - 2 (0.2%)
2 - 1 (0.1%)
1 - 11 (1.1%)
Total Voters: 968

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [219 & 220] The Guru & The Crossroads of Destiny  (Read 90952 times)
ibec
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #25 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:31 pm »

I have stopped crying now...I felt it in my heart that it was not going to be resolved today...to much going on at the same time. I must re-watch to comment more.

Keeper of Zuko entire Wardrobe, Aang flute, FN War Balloon, Zuko Laughter Cheesy
Ceran
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #26 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:31 pm »

All in all a good finale, did anyone else think the chakras were opened a bit too easily?

What?  Of course not!  Complete spiritual enlightenment and total peace, harmony, and control of the body and spirit only takes like five minutes.  I'm surprised it took Aang that long!  After all, why would it take more than a stranger talking to you to forgive yourself for the death of your entire culture?
Rukie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #27 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:32 pm »

Toph's earthbending after she escaped from her captors was AMAZING. The way she was working that ground reminded me of the way someone would ride a bike. And remember her full-body earth armor in Bitter Work? Well, now it looks like Katara can do the same with water, and Aang with... crystals...

Still disappointed with Zuko. And Iroh will never be the same next season without Mako.
KeiyaJade
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Keeper of Toph's crush on Sokka

blacknbloofaerie
« Reply #28 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:32 pm »

aang almost dying was unexpected to me.  unless he actually did die and katara used the water to bring him back to life.  could this mean the end of the avatar cycle?

A moment of silence for Siri Tachi and Mara Jade...
Fallen Jedi, never forgotten.
Nacho
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #29 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:33 pm »

The most remarcable of the finale, Zuko is officially, more evil than Azula
Shubunk
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #30 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:33 pm »

ZUKO SUCKS! I do not like him anymore!

[edit: fifty exclamation points aren't necessary - and posts like "Zuko sucks!" really add no value. It's okay to be excited, just put a little thought and effort into your posts, please. Acastus]
« Last Edit: Dec 01, 2006 09:57 pm by Acastus » Logged
cheyanne
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Cookies OWN! xD

« Reply #31 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:34 pm »

OHMIGOSH!!!!! jux finished!!!!! gahhhh!!!!! can't believe zuko betrayed them!!! >_<
Can't believe Aang didn't win..... STUPID AZULA!!!! he almost died!!!!!! and YAY for TOPH!!! GREATEST EARTH BENDER IN THE WORLD!!!!! xD

..........Katara almost beat Azula too!!!! but then Zuko came and broke them apart! Grrr...... Kataang <33 Ahh it'z really sad when Aang decided to let go of Katara TT_TT and still couldn't get into the avatar state.. AHHAH!!! Katara used the special water on Aang ^^

...........really disappointed with Zuko... IROH WAS AWSOME!!! Ty-lee was cute when she was teaching the bear x]

TYLEE OWNS x]
So does Kookies!! Wink
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cheyanne's Graphic Center II
Need a siggy/avie/etc.?
Click and request ^^
Robot Mule
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Turba, Cunfusio, Inordinatum

« Reply #32 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:37 pm »

"Azula always lies." has been Zuko's mantra for years, but I think the want cloulded his judgement.

http://forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?topic=460.msg893373#msg893373
By reading this signature I have wasted SECONDS of your time you will never get back. MWAHAHAHAHAHA!
Zarr
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #33 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:38 pm »

I what that me but how and then it

HOLY CRAP.

Zuko! How could you? He...the whole point was that he was supposed to turn good...that's what it's all been leading up to! And Iroh. He can't be dead, can he...? And the Earth Kingdom is...and Azula is...

That was seriously amazing. Toph bending metal. Aang almost doing the Avatar thingy. Oh man oh man oh man. The next season can't come soon enough.

Haha, signature. What? Yeah.
Skye
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I have an Avatar obsession ;P

« Reply #34 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:39 pm »

I think my favorite comedic moment though was when Toph saw Iroh at the door, and she was the only one smiling and sort of like, "Hi! ;" While Sokka and Aang were like "EURRGHHH WHAT THE?!? O___O;

Icon by tentacruel @ Livejournal
Rukie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #35 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:39 pm »

(Double post, sorry)
« Last Edit: Dec 01, 2006 09:42 pm by Rukie » Logged
Eira
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #36 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:39 pm »

I HATE YOU ZUKO!!!!!! YOU BETTER SHAPE UP IN THE NEXT SEASON OR YOU'RE GOING TO LOSE A FANGIRL!!!

Ahem.

I pretty much loved the whole thing, except for ZUKO'S DESCISION. I was literally dancing at the crystal dungeons Zutara part. The, "I thought you changed!" was good too. Metalbending from Toph and the Guru's wisdom that "everything is connected" was pretty awesome as well.

Hmm,, maybe Zuko isn't really betraying Iroh...I'm hoping that he's being smart and being a spy on Azula or something. Fat chance though. Sigh.

Nacho
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #37 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:40 pm »

I can already imagine Toph knocking down some firenation ships in the third season
ThePower06
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Naruto and Sakura- Standing Together as Equals

« Reply #38 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:41 pm »

Aang let her go, he was one with his Avatar State, and he nearly died, because of it

Im not sure of the creator of the Avvie, but credit goes to you.
TimKai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I get to hear their delightful screaming again...

« Reply #39 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:41 pm »

Aang is a terrible Avatar.

Foregoing his training and getting killed, that was dumb.  It brings to mind the question, Was the cycle of the avatar broken in that instant?  He was dead.  Just because he was brought back to life does not mean that the avatar cycle was not broken.  And will it stay broken?

I didn't want Zutara to happen, but I didn't want it to be thrown out so violently, either.
I was hoping, just hoping for ever and beyond, that Zuko was planning a doublecross against Azula.  But no.  He could have changed his life, and now the group will be worse because of it.

Jeong Jeong it is, then, as Aang's teacher.  It isn't out of the question that Iroh will teach Aang.  He never broke the trust.  However, Zuko just sealed his fate, and the symbol is sided with the Fire Nation.

This episode left a bad taste in my mouth. 

I'm sure that after that passes, the grim nature the plot has taken will please me to no end.  Now, though, I'm just disappointed in Zuko.

It isn't impossible for Zuko to join the group, but he will be brought down, humbled and crippled emotionally or physically before he ever meets them again, and then never trusted for the remainder of the series, the third 20 episodes.  How could he have forgotten what happened with Azula at the VERY BEGINNING of the season?  She betrayed him.  She even used a different version of the same line this time, and he fell for it AGAIN?!

I think that the number of people trying to get into ASN has physically crashed the server or something.  Maybe it's just me, I don't know.  But I don't see it being so.

The first season finale moved me to a certain extent.  This finale just pissed me off and made me concerned.  Makes you think about the end of Empire Strikes Back, really.  ::sigh::

~Do what thou wilt shall the the whole of the law~
*Aleister Crowley*
Ceran
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #40 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:44 pm »

To me, it seemed like they just imprisoned Iroh in crystals.  Chances are, they're to present Ozai with a traitor as part of the suck-up routine.  Gotta get on the leader's good side...especially when he can set you on fire.

And the server's been wonky for me as well - your'e not alone.  It seems to be stabilizing, though.
0rsa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The Fire Nation is victorious...

« Reply #41 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:44 pm »

OK, even with the huge cliffhanger, I think I can hazard a guess at what happened.

Imagine, if you will, the Avatar as being a normal person with two spirits inhabiting their body: Their own, and the Avatar Spirit.  Roku was very specific (kinda) when he told Aang about the Avatar State.

"If you are killed in the Avatar State, the reincarnation cycle will be broken, and the Avatar will cease to exist."

When Aang died, both spirits were killed.  Using the special water, Katara managed to bring back AANG's spirit; most likely, the AS is dead.

Which would eliminate the Avatar State.  Also, when aang dies, the avatar will not be reincarnated, and will cease to exist.

Many will disagree, but I think it is pretty solid.
KeiyaJade
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Keeper of Toph's crush on Sokka

blacknbloofaerie
« Reply #42 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:44 pm »

The first season finale moved me to a certain extent.  This finale just pissed me off and made me concerned.  Makes you think about the end of Empire Strikes Back, really.  ::sigh::

as soon as aang saw the vision of katara in chains, all i could think of was empire

A moment of silence for Siri Tachi and Mara Jade...
Fallen Jedi, never forgotten.
Purple_Sparkle
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Open Your Eyes to Love

Caligirlcom@msn.com KataangShipper
« Reply #43 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:45 pm »

I loved this episode! But, oh Zuko...how could you?

Proud Kataang and Maiko Shipper

Keeper of Zuko's Smile
Unbridled Joy of Flight
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #44 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:45 pm »

It's definitely Empire Strikes Back-esque.

And yes, the server is struggling with the load of users, as are the other large forums that support ATLA.  We're working with our host, Hytek, to address the issue.
kitkat2010
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Sinking fast

« Reply #45 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:46 pm »

OH NO!!! ZUKO!!! WHY?!?!?!

Oh no, oh no, the shows been over for like 40 minutes and I'm still freaking.

I really, really, REALLY hope Iroh is okay...He's my favorite tea-serving character!

I used to like Zuko, but I'm not sure anymore.  How could he just change so suddenly?  And so evilly??   But I guess I was suspicious from the beginning, when Zuko seemed all "I love the world and my life!"  I mean, I know his dreams had some affect on him, but I figured it would be more negative, since his dreams weren't exactly all that positive.  But still!  I didn't expect him just start attacking the GAang like that, and working with Azula.  

But maybe, he will realize what he did on their way to the fire nation, and then defeat Azula when she is least expecting it, save Iroh, and then escape to help the GAang....What??  A fangirl can dream...

Anyway, positives about this show...

THE FIGHT SCENES WERE COOL!!
And Toph totally rocks!  Yay for Toph and metalbending!

Avvy by me.=)
Barghest
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #46 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:47 pm »

Although I must say that having Zuko turn traitor was an excellent move on the part of the creators. Even with his suspiscious personality change, I doubt that there were many who expected him to team up with Azula like that.

But these cliff hangers... GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHG.

Poor Iroh.

Methinks that Zuko will go back to being one of the good guys once he figures out what happened to his mother, though.

Eh... That was a rather rushed post. No matter...
« Last Edit: Dec 01, 2006 09:50 pm by Barghest » Logged
Zukos Sweetheart
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #47 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:49 pm »

Why Zuko? Why? I hate Azula's ability to minulate minds! But I won't give up on Zuko! I mean that look of him at the end I'm watching again at 9:00! Ty Lokka scene To funny! Tokka With her holding on to his arm! I won't give up on Zutara I just won't! It will happen! Some time in the next book!
I was acutually crying!
« Last Edit: Dec 01, 2006 09:50 pm by Zukos Sweetheart » Logged

Zutara Fan It is Yummy
Keeper of Zuko's wrong Choice
Keeper of Zuko's Smile and Laugh
Come with Zutarans if you want to live
You know the difference between you and me? I make Zutara look good.
Mikesta
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

plazamikie@hotmail.com
« Reply #48 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:49 pm »

ZUKO YOU SON OF A FIRE LORD!!!!  Angry

Ahem...sorry...This was a great Season Finale. I can't believe what what I saw...PURE AWESOMENESS!!! This was the greatest peice of work!

*breaths*
There's Metal Bending!!!!

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!
Nacho
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #49 on: Dec 01, 2006 09:50 pm »

THE FIGHT SCENES WERE COOL!!
And Toph totally rocks!  Yay for Toph and metalbending!
Yes, no that Toph can metalbend, who need the avatar? she has became even more invencible
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: