Nov 20, 2019 12:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate these episodes:
10 - 756 (74.6%)
9 - 136 (13.4%)
8 - 59 (5.8%)
7 - 27 (2.7%)
6 - 12 (1.2%)
5 - 7 (0.7%)
4 - 2 (0.2%)
3 - 2 (0.2%)
2 - 1 (0.1%)
1 - 11 (1.1%)
Total Voters: 968

Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [219 & 220] The Guru & The Crossroads of Destiny  (Read 99606 times)
Toph13139
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

i sense a disturbance

« Reply #1525 on: Dec 17, 2010 12:53 pm »

I didn't like the Guru that much, but the Crossroads of Destiny... Man, tell me about Zutara fanservice? I liked it, not only because of that, but because... Man, what was not to like about that episode? The suspense, the action, the fight, Zuko's struggle, the Dai Li kicking some butt, Zuko's betrayal, Iroh's awesomeness, spirit-water action, the dialog, the angst... It was one hell of an episode, and the perfect, heartbreaking cliffhanger M&B surely wanted to give us.

Shi Len
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I like rocks.

« Reply #1526 on: Dec 18, 2010 11:24 pm »

I like both episodes but the fight scenes didn't really make any sense.

Keeper of: Rebuilt Southern and Northern Water Tribes, The Earth Rumble VII, and Hama\\\'s Prison Cage.
Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #1527 on: Mar 05, 2011 07:11 pm »

An epic finale to Season 2! I think it's a better final than the siege of the north.

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
drhorrible61
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am the first Jinora fan.

« Reply #1528 on: Mar 07, 2011 05:18 am »

I'm undecided on which is better in a fight between this and Siege of the North.

Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1529 on: Mar 07, 2011 05:49 am »

I'm undecided on which is better in a fight between this and Siege of the North.

Siege of the North is the best finale. Hope this helps Tongue
drhorrible61
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1530 on: Mar 07, 2011 05:51 am »

^Sozin's Comet beats it.  Sozin's Comet includes an awesome fight as well as the line "Appa ate Momo!"

Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1531 on: Mar 07, 2011 06:13 am »

^Sozin's Comet beats it.  Sozin's Comet includes an awesome fight as well as the line "Appa ate Momo!"

But Siege of the North has Koh Cool
drhorrible61
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1532 on: Mar 07, 2011 06:20 am »

^Sokka/Zuko friendship in SC.

I like the scene where Azula takes full control of the Dai Li.

Shi Len
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I like rocks.

« Reply #1533 on: Mar 10, 2011 03:42 pm »

Siege of the North is the best finale. Hope this helps Tongue

^Sozin's Comet beats it. 
Too Random.

Keeper of: Rebuilt Southern and Northern Water Tribes, The Earth Rumble VII, and Hama\\\'s Prison Cage.
worldends08
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm an Avatard. Big whoop. Want to fight about it?

« Reply #1534 on: Mar 14, 2011 08:25 pm »

"Siege of the North" was a good finale for the "good guys."
"The Guru & The Crossroads of Destiny" was a good finale for the "bad guys."

Keeper of nothing but my own imagination & and this->
Shi Len
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I like rocks.

« Reply #1535 on: Mar 14, 2011 09:18 pm »

^ due to alot of stupidity on aang's part.

worldends08
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm an Avatard. Big whoop. Want to fight about it?

« Reply #1536 on: Mar 14, 2011 11:33 pm »

^Stupid, yes; but he was prebubescent.

Keeper of nothing but my own imagination & and this->
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Monk's Gone Wild (IZ TEH BIGGEST ZUTARIAN ON ASN)

« Reply #1537 on: Dec 02, 2011 02:33 am »

HOORAAAY! So today is the 5 YEAR ANIVERSARY of Crossroads of destiny. I remember being on that day on ASN and the server crashed acouple times and 472 people were online and it was very intense. I cried. that episode made me cry and zutara was amazingly epic ad ended badly.

I remember exactly were I was. Crying. Being devastated. Sitting in the bathroom as my mother called out to me.  Went out that night so depressed and not wanting to see anyone....but to just sulk in my room. It's crazy how that was 5 years ago and felt just like yesterday.

Keeper of Aang discovering he had hair, Zuko&Katara first mission together

I thanked everyone who made me icon/sig on DA. General/Commander AA22 of the Zutarmy. Master of the weapon Zutaratana!
Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1538 on: Dec 02, 2011 04:21 am »

Sounds like a blast, and I'm not being sarcastic either.

Although I had my own little breakdown following this episode in which I just couldn't bring myself to sleep after being left on such a huge cliffhanger. I decided to call it a night but had a torrid night's sleep :\
L7
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Hi*

« Reply #1539 on: Jan 25, 2012 11:57 am »

this was the height of the show IMO. It didn't jump the shark or anything, far from it, but this was definitely a peak for me Smiley
ZukotheFireLord
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1540 on: Jan 22, 2013 06:49 am »

Okay, I gotta deposit my thoughts here. I did not agree with what happened in this episode at all.

The main defense seems to be, Zuko was not ready, he had to go back to the Fire Nation. I'll get to how true that is but even if so that doesn't mean they can just magically create that opportunity out of nowhere.

WHY did Azula give him the opportunity? We're suppose to think she's smart but even ignoring ALL the luck and stupidity on the Dai Lee, Katara, the Earth King's part that allowed her to get this far, wasn't she dispatched by Ozai to apprehend Zuko and Iroh? And to accomplish this she recruited Mai and Ty Lee. What part of Ty Lee and Mai's interaction with Zuko is suppose to make us think this was a good idea? They never face off in S2 and in S3 all we see is Ty Lee being very fond of Zuko in The Beach and Mai being entirely in love with Zuko. Considering Azula herself, prior to this episode was entirely willing to fight with lethal force against Zuko, I don't see how we're suppose to think she had all that good an idea to start with.

She could've just asked Zuko's help to hunt the Avatar in exchange for a total pardon ages ago if she wanted too, so why now?

I mean, it's construed as though she needed Zuko's help in the coming battle but does she? She wasn't half as worried in the Chase. She wasn't half as worried facing Aang, Toph and Sokka without firebending powers in the next season. She had two Dai Lee helpers, that's all you need right? Is Katara known to Azula as being THAT much better then the likes off Toph or Iroh?

Then there's Zuko himself. It's not even a question off whether or not he has learned anything this past season. That's just not giving Season 1 Zuko the credit he deserves. Back then Zuko wouldn't sell out Iroh for a chance to face the Avatar and even after he decided to place his fate in Azula's hands, and it failed to get him the Avatar, but Iroh was still a traitor, had time to think it over, he STILL didn't feel like he should help Iroh. Seriously, I dunno what happened in that coma but he was worse in decision making then Season 1 or 2 Zuko had ever been.

And it's not like the conclusion of going back to the Fire Nation did that much for their characters. Zuko interacted with Ozai like thrice. Iroh didn't interact with Azula or Ozai AT ALL.

They could've probably fleshed out Ozai's character just as much, if not moreso if Zuko as the one going back to the Fire Nation in chains while Iroh joins the Team Avatar, finally breaking the mold of Aang's tutors.

I mean, I get that Iroh's VA died but Katara being so great a Watermaster that she now had months worth of new material to teach Aang, all gained from lessons that Aang himself attended, but was just so terribad at paying attention was already tough pill to shallow. Didn't make that much sense but Katara needed to be more relevant and Pakku wasn't a main character so we put up with it. And then again with Bumi/Toph. We've had the adults decline to be part of helping the Avatar defeat the Fire Lord in favor of the nearest preteen available over and over again and Iroh, beng a main character was their one shot of doing it differently, plus being Ozai's brother he could've exposited to the group a few reasons to believe that Ozai's just that badass beyond being the Fire Lord.

sig by Sorontar
AncientScarab
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Regal Beetle

« Reply #1541 on: Feb 17, 2013 11:55 am »

I mean, I get that Iroh's VA died but Katara being so great a Watermaster that she now had months worth of new material to teach Aang, all gained from lessons that Aang himself attended, but was just so terribad at paying attention was already tough pill to shallow. Didn't make that much sense but Katara needed to be more relevant and Pakku wasn't a main character so we put up with it. And then again with Bumi/Toph. We've had the adults decline to be part of helping the Avatar defeat the Fire Lord in favor of the nearest preteen available over and over again and Iroh, beng a main character was their one shot of doing it differently, plus being Ozai's brother he could've exposited to the group a few reasons to believe that Ozai's just that badass beyond being the Fire Lord.

In response to this part of your statement, I think it's true that lots of times throughout ATLA (and LOK as well), the children/teens didn't really defer to the adults much. Nevertheless, I was so glad when they toned down Iroh's comedic foil role in later episodes. Also, I was happy to see Hakoda step up and actually present a healthy, mature, adult position in the story too. Ultimately, I think the dimished role of most of the adults in the series was a direct appeal to the younger viewers (core audience) - so I think it just depends on what point of view you're coming from Wink

What'chu talkin' bout Willis?
Noob32
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1542 on: Apr 08, 2013 12:31 pm »

^Sokka/Zuko friendship in SC.

I like the scene where Azula takes full control of the Dai Li.

But Siege of the North has Koh Cool

Why did you create a flame war?Everyone knows last ending is best.

Not trolling, Just better forumfielding™
#KeeperofLieutesami
Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: