Nov 16, 2019 08:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AtLA action figures from Diamond Select Toys  (Read 497 times)
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« on: Jul 21, 2019 06:02 pm »

Per this post on Tumblr, Pixel Dan's SDCC coverage revealed that Diamond Select Toys are making AtLA action figures, and sculptor Richard Force will be working on them. There will be three characters in the first wave, including Aang, and it sounds like Zach is trying to say Katara's name, but that's just my speculation. Further speculation is that a version of Zuko has to be in the first wave, right?

I'm really expecting good things. I usually like what Diamond Select Toys does with their Marvel stuff, and this way we can be pretty sure we'll get some great articulation and sculpts. I can't wait to see them.
« Last Edit: Jul 21, 2019 06:04 pm by Loopy » Logged

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #1 on: Jul 26, 2019 03:32 pm »

PICTURES AND OFFICIAL SOLICITATIONS!

https://atlafans.tumblr.com/post/186568533394/atla-action-figures-from-diamond-select-toys

It's nice that the designs are all stuff that have never gotten toys before, even if it's weird that it's Book Water Katara. I bet they did that just to stick it to Mattel. Cheesy

Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Jul 27, 2019 08:44 pm »

I'm so happy there's finally a Katara toy! (And Zuko with his book 3 hair!) Katara looks a little pale to me in these pictures, but that might just be the lighting/ early version of the paint job- I've seen promo pictures of toys that have different colouring to the final product before.

Fun that Aang gets two expressions.

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #3 on: Jul 28, 2019 05:00 pm »

Yeah, these promo shots are sometimes even computer-colored shots of blank prototypes.

I'm also hoping Katara's hair-tail is on a joint, so that it's not always flying up. But they still did a good job giving her an expression straight out of a DR Movie episode. Cheesy

Magus1108
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Resident Long Feng Fanboy!

« Reply #4 on: Aug 22, 2019 04:09 pm »

Holy s**t! I never thought I’d see the day we got more Avatar figures after Zweyer disappeared, can’t wait to get these!

I am ze Keeper of:

Joo Dee\'s, \"There is no War in Ba Sing Se\" phrase, Long Feng\'s incredibly cool and evil voice, His awesome hair style, and his devious personality.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #5 on: Nov 05, 2019 07:31 pm »

Toy Ark uploaded a gallery with nice backgrounds. Aang's arm is hobbled by his robe, but otherwise they look pretty good.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: