Dec 12, 2019 11:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: connection with past avatars  (Read 1293 times)
Lordmistery
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Mar 07, 2019 11:55 am »

So can somebody help me out with this.
Because I was wondering somewthing about the avatar connection.
The connection was broken in season 2 and the Avatar cycle restarted from the beginning.
So how does this work ? Will the Avatar after Korra still be a reincarnation of Aang and Roku etc.
Or is it just a reincarnation of Korra ? Its a pretty difficult thing to understand LOL
I still am very sad that they made that decision, but I guess it was great in terms of writing.
If there will be a future series I hope there'll be some chance to see Aang or Roku again or any of the other avatars.

"There really is no fathoming the depths of my hatred for this place."
- Mai in Return to Omashu
plushu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

157% PIANDAOIST

« Reply #1 on: Mar 07, 2019 07:06 pm »

I'm assuming that Avatar after Korra will only be able to connect with Korra.  Or maybe Avatars won't be able to communicate with their past lives ever again. *shrugs*

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #2 on: Mar 07, 2019 07:15 pm »

Korra is a reincarnation of Aang and Roku and etc. That means she is literally the same spirit, just residing in a new body with a new personality and stuff. So it doesn't matter if Korra can 'connect' with those earlier versions of herself or not, she is still their reincarnation, and her reincarnations will be as well, by definition.

But yes, I think plushu is correct in regards to Korra's not being able to connect any further back than Korra herself.

But I hate the idea of Raava being the one responsible for that, so I'd be fine with a retcon that says there's still a way to make the connection.

But I like what the loss means for Korra and I think it opens up more storytelling if there isn't a Ghost Mentor always able to just reveal helpful information to the current Avatar.

So I think I just want AtLA prequels for the rest of my life so I can avoid the issue.

Lordmistery
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 2019 03:26 pm »

Korra is a reincarnation of Aang and Roku and etc. That means she is literally the same spirit, just residing in a new body with a new personality and stuff. So it doesn't matter if Korra can 'connect' with those earlier versions of herself or not, she is still their reincarnation, and her reincarnations will be as well, by definition.

But yes, I think plushu is correct in regards to Korra's not being able to connect any further back than Korra herself.

But I hate the idea of Raava being the one responsible for that, so I'd be fine with a retcon that says there's still a way to make the connection.

But I like what the loss means for Korra and I think it opens up more storytelling if there isn't a Ghost Mentor always able to just reveal helpful information to the current Avatar.

So I think I just want AtLA prequels for the rest of my life so I can avoid the issue.

But even after what happened in season 2? Raava was destroyed and later reborn, it is still the same spirit ?
I guess its the same spirit, but it gave me the idea it was a different spirit, fortunately thats not true.

I was really, really sad and pissed when it happened. Because I was so excited to see Aang being Korra's teacher in a way, like Roku was to him. It still makes me sad, but it is what it is

"There really is no fathoming the depths of my hatred for this place."
- Mai in Return to Omashu
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2019 05:11 pm »

Isn't there already a possibility for just kinda running into past Avatars doing their stuff in the Spirit World? Like this:

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #5 on: Mar 08, 2019 07:59 pm »

Well, I mean, that's assuming the whole thing wasn't a fever dream of Aang's.

MrBaconsock
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Apr 12, 2019 12:33 pm »

The avatar after Korra is still a reincarnation of all the previous avatars. However, that avatar will only be able to access memories and abilities from Korra’s life by means of the avatar state. All connections that existed in Ravva before she was destroyed are no longer accessible.

The only way that future avatars can investigate past lives beyond Korra’s is by meditating inside of the Tree of Time, possibly only while during hormanic convergence.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: