Nov 12, 2019 02:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Book] Avatar: The Last Airbender: Legacy of The Fire Nation  (Read 1387 times)
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« on: Feb 19, 2019 05:47 am »

There's going to be a sequel to the Avatar: The Last Airbender: Legacy book.

In this new scrapbook, Avatar: The Last Airbender’s beloved character, Uncle Iroh, shares his memories and mementos with Prince Zuko.

In Avatar: The Last Airbender: Legacy of the Fire Nation, discover long-kept secrets carried by Uncle Iroh as he records his stories for Prince Zuko. Read letters from family, friends, and more in this special collection of mementos and keepsakes.

It's slated to be released on Feb 4 2020 and can be pre-ordered on Amazon. No cover art is available yet though. A place holder cover art is available.

« Last Edit: Jul 24, 2019 09:39 pm by Icy_Ashford » Logged

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2019 07:56 pm »

I really wonder what's going to be in this. The first Legacy book pretty much covered the events of the cartoon, and Iroh is hardly going to retell Zuko's story to him (I hope). I don't want to get too excited about hardcore Fire Nation or Iroh backstory, but I'm not sure what else they could really put in this book.

Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2019 08:01 pm »

I want Iroh to go into details about his prison break out on the Day of Black Sun but I doubt that would happen.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2019 11:46 pm »

I'm excited about the book, but considering the quality of the last legacy book and how boring that was, I'm not counting on it being any good.

My one hope is that the letters from Iroh's family and friends are not just going to be from characters we already know. I mean seriously, Iroh must have had some relationships with people not mentioned or seen in the cartoon. Right? It would make the world of Avatar seem so much smaller and less believable if Iroh only has letters from Piandao, Ursa, or King Bumi (or ...whatever) and not some cousin or friend we never heard of before (but would like to know more about).
« Last Edit: Feb 21, 2019 11:48 pm by Colonel_Brian » Logged
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2019 07:18 pm »

Well, we know for a fact that Azulon had siblings, so maybe Iroh gets letters from his aunts, uncles, cousins, first cousins once removed, and second cousins?

But yeah, we're probably just getting Azulon and White Lotus fogies.
« Last Edit: Feb 24, 2019 02:44 pm by Loopy » Logged

Urmom666
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Feb 23, 2019 01:03 am »

Hey, look on the bright side. We might get to find out who the hell his wife was.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #6 on: Feb 23, 2019 07:05 pm »

That's just crazy talk.

Aerial
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Feb 23, 2019 08:40 pm »

If this is anything like the previous legacy book, I'm not interested.

Then again, I am a slave to this franchise, so chances are I'll read it anyway even though I'm not the biggest Iroh fan.

airmelon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: Jul 19, 2019 11:56 pm »

I think Iroh is meant to be writing this while he is waits to take back ba sing se during sozins comet part 2- the old masters. because is the couple preview pages on amazon he still refers to zuko as "Prince" Zuko.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #9 on: Jul 20, 2019 02:57 pm »

How awkward. He'd been writing this whole book for Zuko, and then Zuko just shows up right after it's done and he could have gotten in all in a nice conversation.

Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #10 on: Jul 20, 2019 08:56 pm »

I guess if the book is anything go by, the age gap between Iroh and Ozai isn't as great as previously believed. I think Ruftoon told us that it was 15 years according to the official timeline, but the book makes it seem as though the two grew up together. If not, than I find it strange that Iroh considered himself in competition with his (literal) baby brother.
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #11 on: Jul 24, 2019 09:38 pm »

The preview images bring me back to those Earth Kingdom Chronicles books.

Since the following images are way too big to be displayed on the forum, have the links instead:
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81U2dJbz2PL.jpg
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81Kfojb3sxL.jpg
« Last Edit: Jul 24, 2019 09:40 pm by Icy_Ashford » Logged

FairladyZ2005
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: Sep 13, 2019 05:02 pm »

While the concept of this book does sound interesting, I think I want to wait until I can look at it in person before I decide or hear some reviews of it here.

Helping to bring balance to the fandom, one post at a time!
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #13 on: Sep 27, 2019 05:43 pm »

It's going to have some nice art, at least. Korra News on tumblr has a preview.

Aerial
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: Sep 27, 2019 06:39 pm »

It's going to have some nice art, at least. Korra News on tumblr has a preview.

That royal portrait of Iroh as Fire Lord is so nice, with the dead dragon at his feet and jasmine flowers behind him. I'd love to see it in high quality.

Aang's letter caught my attention:

I haven't had a real family in a long time, and you became like the uncle I always wanted.

That's... interesting. I didn't know Aang always wanted an uncle  Cheesy

Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: Sep 27, 2019 07:38 pm »

I’m really hoping we see letters from people we’ve never heard of. At least include stuff from his military friends, who aren’t secretly against the Fire Nation’s imperial ambitions, or cousins and uncles and aunts. I just really want a personal look into Iroh’s past. The stuff about Ozai is kind of interesting, but a bit tepid for my taste. Why can’t the author share with us an actual episode from their shared past? He’s been given a platform to expand into a character’s mostly unexplored aviators, so make stuff up.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #16 on: Sep 29, 2019 01:41 pm »

That's... interesting. I didn't know Aang always wanted an uncle  Cheesy

Aang probably has a list of relatives he's always wanted. A "third cousin twice removed" has always most fascinated him, and will undoubtedly be the crown jewel of his collection, once he gets one.

Now if Suki would just decide if she's his sister or his daughter. She keeps messing up the tally.

Why can’t the author share with us an actual episode from their shared past? He’s been given a platform to expand into a character’s mostly unexplored aviators, so make stuff up.

Probably because he still needs to get approval from the franchise-runners and they directed him to be as vague as possible so as not to step on any future storyteller-toes.

Or he just lacks courage. One of the two.

FairladyZ2005
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: Oct 03, 2019 05:18 pm »

The art is nice! Thanks for the link. I'm probably gonna get it just for that.

Helping to bring balance to the fandom, one post at a time!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: