Sep 21, 2019 10:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Live-Action ATLA Coming to Netflix [NO posting of leaks!]  (Read 19005 times)
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #200 on: May 29, 2019 06:22 pm »

Probably not. Why would an actor be in the new office during project development if they haven't done auditions yet? I Googled and found that there's a Netflix producer by the name of Brandon Riegg, but I'm not sure if he's in the department that would be associated with the AtLA. Still, I think a writer/producer type is much more likely to be invoked at this point than an actor, even a lead actor.

luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #201 on: May 29, 2019 09:27 pm »

I hope they’re not casting too soon, I am trying to lose enough weight to be a Northern Water Tribe extra lol. I do wonder what changes they’ll bring in. I would like a scene between Iroh and Ozai. For the final season I do think some characters could die in the final battle, not any of the core cast but perhaps some members of the Order of the White Lotus. I would like to see some other royal titles being used in the show, since the series is heavily Asian based, they could use some titles that are the equivalent to what we saw in the show. Bumi could be a sultan, Datu or raj instead of a king, small little changes like that could be welcome.
Aerial
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #202 on: May 30, 2019 12:03 am »

Probably not. Why would an actor be in the new office during project development if they haven't done auditions yet? I Googled and found that there's a Netflix producer by the name of Brandon Riegg, but I'm not sure if he's in the department that would be associated with the AtLA. Still, I think a writer/producer type is much more likely to be invoked at this point than an actor, even a lead actor.

Oh, gotcha. That makes sense.

Red Hawk
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #203 on: May 30, 2019 10:26 am »

From Bryan's tumblr:

Mike and Brandon walking between meetings from a short while back… We’re moving into a new office space, transitioning into the next phase of production. Our core team is growing. We’re writing, planning, and testing. Though there’s plenty that’s new for us in this live action process, we’ve been on this long rollercoaster ride twice before and a lot of the climbs and twists and turns feel familiar. Right now, everything seems slow, and we’re itching to speed up; before we know it, everything will be moving too fast and happening all at once. For those who are eager to see this new series and are asking if we have a trailer yet: thank you for your enthusiasm, sincerely, but you wouldn’t want to see a version of this series that was made within 9 months. Too much Hollywood fare is fast-tracked and the results speak for themselves. Thankfully for us and this series, Netflix is committed to doing it right. We’re trying to make something special that will stand the test of time. A live action Avatar series is a daunting, incredibly complex thing to pull off — a fantasy travel show with tons of VFX, CG creatures, martial arts, etc. — and to do it right takes a ton of planning. On both the original series and Korra, when we were at this stage in the production the projects hadn’t even been announced yet. The difference with this Netflix series is that you all heard about it just a little bit after we started. So it will seem like a longer wait, but we can assure you that everyone is making good use of that time so we can craft something beautiful and emotionally powerful. Also so we can make sure Appa is cute. We’ll be starting the casting process before too long, so if you’re aspiring to be a part of this thing, keep taking acting lessons and some martial arts/movement classes. We’ll announce how, when, and where to audition soon-ish. Thanks! Love, Bryan ✨

I'm assuming by "Brandon" he means Brandon Soo Hoo? I remember fans were telling him to audition for the role of Zuko. Could it be him?

Could just be a type-o from autocorrect, meant to say "Bryan", as he refers to "us" immediately after that.
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #204 on: Jul 20, 2019 05:56 pm »

So apparently Aaron Ehasz offered to help, but nobody got back to him. https://mobile.twitter.com/aaronehasz/status/1150884195985530880
I don’t understand. He’s already working for Netflix, so there wouldn’t be a conflict of interest for him to be working on another one of their shows. It’s a shame that he won’t be back, hopefully that will be rectified later. Paraphrasing Happy Hogan here “You don’t ghost Aaron Ehasz”.
Rekka No Ryo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #205 on: Aug 28, 2019 03:03 pm »

It will be interesting to see how this comes out.

Keeper of The Title of Phoenix King
Keeper of The Phoenix King Outfit (including helmet!)
Keeper of  The Title of Ninja Zuko
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #206 on: Aug 28, 2019 07:40 pm »

edit: nvm
« Last Edit: Aug 29, 2019 10:45 am by luvavatar » Logged
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #207 on: Aug 28, 2019 09:06 pm »

I know that changes are inevitable and they aren't automatically bad just because they're changes, but I'm terrified of this thing again.

luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #208 on: Aug 29, 2019 10:35 am »

It turns out the pic I posted was a fake, it’s from a different project entirely.
« Last Edit: Aug 29, 2019 10:45 am by luvavatar » Logged
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #209 on: Aug 29, 2019 06:53 pm »

Oh, thank Koh.

Yougo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Respect the Screaming bird!

« Reply #210 on: Aug 30, 2019 01:10 am »

It turns out the pic I posted was a fake, it’s from a different project entirely.
missed it. now i am curious :-P

keeper of: the Screaming bird's horrible shreak; The Bendig Mark.
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #211 on: Aug 30, 2019 09:15 am »

Here’s the pic: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheLastAirbender/comments/cwbysa/i_got_a_chance_to_work_on_a_visual_effects_test/

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #212 on: Aug 30, 2019 06:16 pm »

The pics themselves weren't the problem for me. I don't care if Ozai wears a hat, and these kinds of photo-sneaks are never going to properly represent the final, polished, properly lit product. I reserve judgement until proper photos.

It's the reported dialogue that had me worried. Yeah, the report was that it probably wasn't finalized, but I didn't like the ideas being played with. But the report was apparently a lie, so it doesn't matter.

luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #213 on: Aug 31, 2019 05:02 pm »

Well it turned out those pics and that little dialogue may indeed actually be from the show. The pics are being taken down. Even the ones that the actor in the photo posted on his instagram.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #214 on: Sep 01, 2019 02:14 pm »

Well, if the photos were from another show in development, that would still be something Netflix would want to take down.

But I can't handle this up and down. I'm just going to stay worried about this thing, and then maybe be pleasantly surprised when Benders aren't actually handled like Marvel Mutants who suddenly get their powers with puberty. Even if that fits with how the franchise has been treating Benders since LoK. Undecided

luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #215 on: Sep 01, 2019 04:23 pm »

I found more photos, one of them has the actor sitting in the throne room with a dragon mural behind him like in the show. But it wasn’t nearly as grandiose as the animated series. I hope it is just a test run and the costumes weren’t too impressive in my opinion either. It looked like a generic, run of the mill eastern fantasy.
hmweasley
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #216 on: Sep 02, 2019 06:03 am »

At this point, I imagine that any photos they're taking would be promo photos with sets and props that wouldn't be in the final show. I always think promo photos look cringe-worthy, even when the final product is good, so they're not something I'd get worked up about even if they're real.

As far as the show goes, I feel pretty neutral about it right now. Maybe it'll be good, maybe it won't be. Hopefully, it'll be good. I don't think we'll really get a sense for the show until there's a trailer.

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #217 on: Sep 06, 2019 09:55 am »

Real leaks but not of the show.

https://korranews.com/post/187504540225/the-early-vfx-test-leaks-for-the-live-action
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #218 on: Sep 06, 2019 06:56 pm »

That's a relief, whether or not it's the truth. It shows that Netflix themselves understand that the fandom hates this idea, so even if it was really planned, I think some revisions are happening.

Poor VFX company, though. Netflix will never employ them for anything ever again. Big companies don't like having to step in to prevent a fandom meltdown because of a contractor.

This does go to show, though, that maybe announcing these things so early isn't the best idea. The fandom gets ravenous for info, and then the rumors and leaks start to fuel the clickbait.

ViridianIV
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #219 on: Sep 08, 2019 01:37 pm »

Nothing 'leaked' this early should be taken with any grain of finality as to what the final product will look like.  They haven't even casted anybody yet (Though Katara/Sokka's screen testers being so old was off putting, it was probably just two people who were there stepping up to fill a role for the test, and that sort of thing)

Still.... my biggest concern here remains that M&B have very little experience with live action.  It's a completely different animal in many ways from cartoons.  I wish Netflix had just done another animated thing, Its not like they aren't the best version of the late 90's-2000's version of Cartoon Network right now as it is.

"In the time before the Avatar, we bent not the elements, but the energy within ourselves."
                  -Lion Turtle dropping the mic
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #220 on: Sep 08, 2019 05:05 pm »

If the Mike and the Bryan are just showrunners/producers, then I don't think that inexperience with live-action will be a problem. Directors and other producers will handle the actual mechanics of such things.

I'm just hoping they assemble a kick-butt writing team. That's the hard thing, from what we've seen in this franchise.

Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #221 on: Sep 09, 2019 07:30 am »

So I'm just gonna re-use what we did for Korra leaks. When there is enough information, maybe a spoilers board would be created but until then, no posting links to leaks.

REMINDER ABOUT LEAKS

Posting links to unauthorized leaks is NOT ALLOWED. That includes videos AND images. We will be removing any links that have been posted so far, and any links that get posted from now on will earn the person who posts the links a seven-day ban.

Absolutely no links to the leaks are allowed to be posted in any threads or any signatures.

DO NOT ASK FOR LEAKS

Do not attempt to ask how/where to get links to the illegal leaks in any shape or form. That includes "I wish someone would PM me" or "SOMEONE PM ME NOW!!!"

If you have links to the leaks, please keep it to yourself and do not post "PM me for the leaks!"

Any attempt to do so will warrant a 3 day ban.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Yougo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #222 on: Sep 10, 2019 05:13 am »

ooh an anti-spoiler memo on the forum! i feel young again Tongue

at this point I wouldn't mind if it looked really different. better to be up front about making it different, even tell a new story, than to say you're faithful to the original and lie or fail.

luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #223 on: Sep 10, 2019 11:19 am »

There are a few things I would change, mainly with Fire Nation Royal Family. I would like to have a few scenes between Ozai and Iroh.(Fourteen years, three seasons and multiple comics later and we have yet to see any dialogue between the two). I think that Ursa needs to be the one to directly kill Azulon and I’d have her parents be opportunists who pushed her to marry into the Royal family, that way we wouldn’t have the duology of good and bad in Zuko strictly split down two sides of the family. We would see that both sides of his family had the potential for good or bad.
Yougo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #224 on: Sep 10, 2019 01:03 pm »

There are a few things I would change, mainly with Fire Nation Royal Family. I would like to have a few scenes between Ozai and Iroh.(Fourteen years, three seasons and multiple comics later and we have yet to see any dialogue between the two). I think that Ursa needs to be the one to directly kill Azulon and I’d have her parents be opportunists who pushed her to marry into the Royal family, that way we wouldn’t have the duology of good and bad in Zuko strictly split down two sides of the family. We would see that both sides of his family had the potential for good or bad.

Ah the Mother Bear fanon. i approve. since they've been all big on making comparisons to Game of Thrones, i'd like for them to go there indeed.
perhaps make the whole story from the FN/royal family's point of view, and how their turn for world domination and subsequent run-ins with the Avatar shaped their fate. Roku, Sozin, Gyatso, genocide, 100 years, Azulon, Iroh, Ozai, Ursa, Zuko, Azula, Aang.
« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2019 01:11 pm by Yougo » Logged

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: