Nov 17, 2018 11:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Book] The Legend of Korra: An Avatar’s Chronicle  (Read 478 times)
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« on: Aug 06, 2018 11:06 pm »

It seems we are getting a TLOK book that is similar to the ATLA Legacy book. It’s slated to be released next year on May 21 2019 and can be pre-ordered on Amazon.

No cover art yet but there’s a synopsis:

Avatar Korra and her friends chronicle their memories and adventures in this new fully-illustrated scrapbook filled with letters and inserts from your favorite characters.

After the time of Avatar Aang, Korra was revealed as the next Avatar. After training with Aang’s son Tenzin, Avatar Korra succeeded in the battle to restore peace between the Spirit World and Republic City, though the victories were hard-fought. In this fully-illustrated scrapbook, Tenzin challenges Korra to chronicle the many trials and lessons she has learned during her time as Avatar.

To complete this task, Korra enlists the help of her many friends and loved ones to share stories, mementos, and artifacts from their many adventures. Readers will discover gorgeous art, inserted posters, special removable keepsakes, photos, and more throughout this book!

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
noblebender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

-20 approval rating

« Reply #1 on: Aug 07, 2018 12:08 pm »

Neat! Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to it. Was the ATLA Legacy book well received by fans? I browsed through the thread, but haven't heard much about it otherwise.

credit to bluerainicons @ LJ                                          Harustache senses are TOTALLY on Tophic. - Mariabug, The Pebble, noblebender
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #2 on: Aug 08, 2018 10:47 am »

Was the ATLA Legacy book well received by fans? I browsed through the thread, but haven't heard much about it otherwise.
The last couple of pages in the thread contain our reactions to the book. Most of us were somewhat disappointed that it's essentially a recap of the series but there are a few interesting moments.

I won't be surprised if this book is similar.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
noblebender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

-20 approval rating

« Reply #3 on: Aug 08, 2018 12:35 pm »

Makes sense! Well, hopefully there will be enough new information revealed (a la some tidbits through the art books) to make it a great installment in the canon. Thanks for your thoughts!

credit to bluerainicons @ LJ                                          Harustache senses are TOTALLY on Tophic. - Mariabug, The Pebble, noblebender
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #4 on: Aug 10, 2018 05:50 pm »

I wonder what "feelies" are going to be included. I'm not buying this either way, but it would be nice if it's something more than postcards and posters. It's always more fun to get something solid.

PhiBlue
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Nov 07, 2018 09:24 pm »

They released some preview pages of the book on a website, if anybody is interested. http://www.simonandschuster.com/books/The-Legend-of-Korra-An-Avatars-Chronicle/Andrea-Robinson/9781683833932
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: