Dec 16, 2018 02:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Avatars appear how they were at the most significant moment in their lives  (Read 857 times)
purch
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Mar 14, 2018 05:27 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaZReXrzj1g

Saw this video uploaded to youtube, and I definitely buy into it more than any other theory.

His explanation for why Aang appears the way he does, absolutely lines up with why I thought Aang was the kind of parent he ended up being.

I criticize LOK for a lot of things, but I thought the way they portrayed Aang as a parent, was extremely realistic and well thought out considering his character in ATLA. But I think this video explains it better than I ever could.

I definitely recommend you watch this video.

The theory that Avatar past lives appear how they were, at what they view as the most significant moment in their lives (Video)
« Last Edit: Mar 14, 2018 05:32 am by purch » Logged
hmweasley
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: Sep 09, 2018 02:13 am »

I'm sure I've heard this theory somewhere before, though I hadn't seen that video. The theory is as believable to me as any other.

I can easily believe that the Avatars would have some level of control over how they appear after death. (Even when it comes to Iroh wandering around in the spirit world, I wouldn't be surprised if he has control over how he appears.) And, if they could choose, I could easily imagine them all choosing what they feel was the most significant point in their life.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2018 06:48 am »

In 3x06 of ATLA, Aang went to the Spirit World and his clothes changed from his Fire Nation costume to his nomadic robe and shaven head. So it's a very reasonable theory of how the Avatars spirits reflect their physique during their prime.

Edit: But the truth probably is, that Bryke didn't think this through or didn't bother themselves about it.
« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2018 07:01 am by 8149 » Logged
Antiyonder
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Sep 10, 2018 04:03 pm »

I criticize LOK for a lot of things, but I thought the way they portrayed Aang as a parent, was extremely realistic and well thought out considering his character in ATLA. But I think this video explains it better than I ever could.

I probably would have found it worthwhile of a concept if it wasn't done with the rationalization of "cynicism always equals realism" and like many big problems they didn't try to come up with an unearned magic solution (i.e. happy picture).

It's like with Book 1 going for a tone you'd see in the likes of Game of Thrones and Watchmen, yet making the last moment of the story an unironic Disney fairy tale ending, unlike say Watchmen which inferred that the peacefulness of the world may not last.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: