Jun 19, 2019 01:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Comic:
10 - 2 (66.7%)
9 - 0 (0%)
8 - 1 (33.3%)
7 - 0 (0%)
6 - 0 (0%)
5 - 0 (0%)
4 - 0 (0%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [DH Comics #19] Imbalance, Part 1  (Read 3487 times)
Urmom666
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #25 on: Feb 12, 2019 09:26 pm »

Hell, blood bending could have become a medical thing had it not been illegal. #legalizeit
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #26 on: Feb 13, 2019 09:21 am »

Finally read this and I really enjoy the artwork and how Aang looks older instead of still as a kid. Story is good so far as well though the obvious bad guy has long hair covering the face was a little obvious.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
zukataang
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #27 on: Feb 22, 2019 05:11 am »

Just read this comic!

The new artwork scared me at first because I didn't expect it at all and it made the characters look so old and deformed compared to the big cute baby faces they all had under Gene Yang. It grew on me super fast though, especially for Aang, whose looks should be the ones that most noticeably change throughout the comics because he was really young-looking at the beginning of the series and clearly hadn't yet been hit by all tha teen hormones you need in order to, well, not look like that.
The old style was cute, but I like that this style makes them look less like chibi characters and more like humans, less like kids and more like older teenagers (which they now are). I now like this artwork as much if not more than the old style. Cheesy

I love that all the characters were very in-character, I loved the awkwardness that Toph showed when saying that she cared about Sokka, I love that Sokka wasn't making odd childish jokes and I love that even though they were still being quite affectionate and lovey-dovey with one another, kataang has stopped being nauseatingly cheesy (They didn't call each other "sweetie"! Not even once! I love kataang alright but not like it was portrayed under Yang, this is a victory  Tongue). I don't know whether going from cheesy to less cheesy over time was an accurate portrayal of a first teen romance or if the cheesy phase should never have happened in the first place, but I'm glad that it's gone.

I like that, on Air Temple Island, they had one of those heart-to-heart convos that they're used to having alone and Katara knew so well how to read him and what to say to make him feel better. I liked the aesthetics of the scene and it's sweet that they're having their conversation on their future home.

Although many people feel like the storyline is unoriginal (benders vs non-benders, secretely evil powerful politician who weaponizes their kids...) I liked it. Not everything has to not have been done before. It fits the story, it's a believable turn of events considering the circumstances, so I'm in.

I love that the villain is a power hungry woman who is not particularly masculine and who wasn't sent by a more powerful man. Women can be evil on their own accord. Even mothers. That's obvious, but it's not often portrayed in cartoons I believe. And it's not a pretty, sensual, foxy female villain either, just a regular middle aged person who is a villain and also female. Even the daughters could have been dudes and it wouldn't have been weird at all either.
Avatar might not be flawless at it, but it's really good in its potrayal of female characters. If I had a daughter, I'd want her to watch this show to know that she can kick butt and doesn't need to have perfect looks or a sweet/seductive demeanor all the time in order to be interesting as a woman.

This is definitely Republic City in the making, so I'm looking forwards to seeing Zuzu in the future comics of this series, I miss him! And to think that we're only getting the next installment in May.  Cry

though the obvious bad guy has long hair covering the face was a little obvious.

Haha yes and that lock of hair is huge and just hanging between her eyes. I get that it looks cool and devilish, but just imagine how impractical that must be when you're less focused on fashion and more on, like, trying to see stuff.
« Last Edit: Feb 22, 2019 05:21 am by zukataang » Logged
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #28 on: Feb 22, 2019 07:22 pm »

I don't know whether going from cheesy to less cheesy over time was an accurate portrayal of a first teen romance or if the cheesy phase should never have happened in the first place, but I'm glad that it's gone.

If only we had a graph of their full kissing frequency - not just on-screen, but throughout the entire period covered by the comics - showing a clear decline. Then we could decide if it's realistic or just weird writing. Grin

Although, how long do teens stay in the Always Kissing phase? The comics have covered 2-3 years at this point, and that seems kind of long. But I've never kissed anyone so maybe I'm wrong?

Aerial
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #29 on: Feb 23, 2019 08:49 pm »

Although, how long do teens stay in the Always Kissing phase?

For as long as people keep liking their kissing pictures on Instagram. Not sure what the equivalent of that would be for teens in the Avatar world though.

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #30 on: Feb 24, 2019 02:50 pm »

I think it has something to do with people shouting 'Oogies!'

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: