Jul 17, 2018 04:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATLA comic "Imbalance" speculation thread, Part 1 to be released on Oct 10 2018  (Read 784 times)
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« on: Feb 26, 2018 08:15 pm »

Entertainment Weekly announced the new ATLA comic "Imbalance" as well as the "Team Avatar Tales" anthology book set which can be discussed in this thread.

Written by Faith Erin Hicks and illustrated by Peter Wartman, the comic is set to be released on Oct 10 2018. This story finds Aang, Katara, Sokka, and Toph dealing with a conflict between benders and non-benders in a booming industrial town.

I like the art style though, it's different and refreshing.
« Last Edit: Feb 27, 2018 08:02 am by Icy_Ashford » Logged

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2018 09:46 pm »

The art does indeed look great. We're back to AtLA art that has detail and texture! Woo!

For the story, I'm not so sure about a Bender Vs Non-Bender conflict, but The Nameless City gave me faith in Faith, so I'm going to say I'm cautiously optimistic. Maybe this will do what the Equalist storyline fumbled.

Helldars
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2018 07:25 am »

So far (still eagerly anticipating volume 3), The Nameless City is basically the Yu Dao arc done right. I'm really looking forward to this.

Maybe this will do what the Equalist storyline fumbled.

It's definitely what I'm hoping for.

"I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-Rays, and I want to - I want to smell dark matter! I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws! And feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me! I'm a machine! And I could know much more..."
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2018 10:13 am »

All right looks interesting.

Is this when the whole Equalist started?

Not going to lie, want to go back to the FN and get more Azula development, make it clear that Zuko and Mai are back together, and see Kiyi again.

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #4 on: Feb 27, 2018 08:19 pm »

Me, too, but I'm content with building up to it. More than continuity bookkeeping, I want to see Ms Hicks' storytelling voice ringing loud and clear.

Besides, I can still always hope that we get that Azula graphic novel from Kieron Gillen. Grin

Runamuck
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Jun 23, 2018 12:36 pm »

Once again we unfortunately have bad news:
http://korranews.com/post/175150076155/korranews-turf-wars-part-three-has-been
Apparently Imbalance is getting delayed as well.

Why are all the comics getting delayed? Especially with Team Avatar Tales, where almost half of it is made up of reprints, this is kind of puzzling. Is this because the art for Turf Wars was behind schedule and they have to release things in a certain order? It would be nice to know something, but I guess stuff like that is kept behind the scenes most of times.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: