Nov 17, 2018 12:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATLA comic "Imbalance" Parts 1 & 2 speculation thread, Dec 18 2018 & Mar 26 2019  (Read 1480 times)
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« on: Feb 26, 2018 08:15 pm »

Entertainment Weekly announced the new ATLA comic "Imbalance" as well as the "Team Avatar Tales" anthology book set which can be discussed in this thread.

Updated synopsis for Part 1 & Part 2.

Written by Faith Erin Hicks and illustrated by Peter Wartman, Parts 1 & 2 is set to be released on Dec 18 2018 & Mar 26 2019 respectively. This story finds Aang, Katara, Sokka, and Toph dealing with a conflict between benders and non-benders in a booming industrial town.

Part 1 summary:
When Aang, Katara, Sokka, and Toph return to Earthen Fire Industries–the factory owned by Toph’s father–Team Avatar finds that the once small town is now booming. Expecting a warm welcome, Aang is surprised when their arrival is met with unimpressed, cold-shouldered spectators. As soon as the team is asked for help at a business council meeting, the reason for the slight becomes clear–a massive bender versus non-bender conflict has gripped the town and is threatening to turn violent.

Part 2 summary:
There’s something fishy going on in Cranefish Town, and it’s up to Aang, Katara, Sokka, and Toph to find out what, before the simmering conflict between benders and non-benders boils over into all-out war. But danger lurks where they least expect it, and uncovering the truth will reveal a threat unlike any they’ve ever faced–and a fateful choice for Aang he can never unmake!

I like the art style though, it's different and refreshing.
« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2018 07:42 am by Icy_Ashford » Logged

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2018 09:46 pm »

The art does indeed look great. We're back to AtLA art that has detail and texture! Woo!

For the story, I'm not so sure about a Bender Vs Non-Bender conflict, but The Nameless City gave me faith in Faith, so I'm going to say I'm cautiously optimistic. Maybe this will do what the Equalist storyline fumbled.

Helldars
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2018 07:25 am »

So far (still eagerly anticipating volume 3), The Nameless City is basically the Yu Dao arc done right. I'm really looking forward to this.

Maybe this will do what the Equalist storyline fumbled.

It's definitely what I'm hoping for.

"I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-Rays, and I want to - I want to smell dark matter! I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws! And feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me! I'm a machine! And I could know much more..."
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2018 10:13 am »

All right looks interesting.

Is this when the whole Equalist started?

Not going to lie, want to go back to the FN and get more Azula development, make it clear that Zuko and Mai are back together, and see Kiyi again.

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #4 on: Feb 27, 2018 08:19 pm »

Me, too, but I'm content with building up to it. More than continuity bookkeeping, I want to see Ms Hicks' storytelling voice ringing loud and clear.

Besides, I can still always hope that we get that Azula graphic novel from Kieron Gillen. Grin

Runamuck
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Jun 23, 2018 12:36 pm »

Once again we unfortunately have bad news:
http://korranews.com/post/175150076155/korranews-turf-wars-part-three-has-been
Apparently Imbalance is getting delayed as well.

Why are all the comics getting delayed? Especially with Team Avatar Tales, where almost half of it is made up of reprints, this is kind of puzzling. Is this because the art for Turf Wars was behind schedule and they have to release things in a certain order? It would be nice to know something, but I guess stuff like that is kept behind the scenes most of times.

Fieryfurnace
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Just passin' through

« Reply #6 on: Jul 28, 2018 08:57 am »

Imbalance has been delayed again, from November 7th to December 18th.
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #7 on: Jul 28, 2018 03:24 pm »

That's not a small delay. But maybe they just want the comics to be "fresh" for Christmas.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Runamuck
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: Aug 05, 2018 12:41 pm »

Looks like we have some comic news, and for once it’s not about delays!

https://nerdist.com/avatar-last-airbender-legend-of-korra-cover-reveal-dark-horse-exclusive/
We now have a cover for Imbalance: Part Two, and a release date: April 16th, 2019.

We also have more detailed descriptions for what is going to happen in in both part one and two of Imbalance:
https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/572909/avatar-the-last-airbender-imbalance-part-one-by-written-by-faith-erin-hicks-michael-dante-dimartino-and-bryan-konietzko-illustrated-by-peter-wartman/9781506704890?irgwc=1&acparefid=27795_
https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/599407/avatar-the-last-airbender--imbalance-part-two-by-written-by-faith-erin-hicks-michael-dante-dimartino-and-bryan-konietzko-illustrated-by-peter-wartman-colored-by-ryan-hill/?irgwc=1&acparefid=27795_
Sounds like it is going to follow where The Rift left off.

Helldars
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9 on: Aug 05, 2018 05:01 pm »

Another beautiful cover by Peter Wartman and colorist Ryan Hill, showing again good shading and great depth. I really like the impression of gravitas and melancholia it conveys. I can hear the wind softly howling in the still smouldering ruins, with the sound of factories still working in the background.
« Last Edit: Aug 05, 2018 05:34 pm by Helldars » Logged

"I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-Rays, and I want to - I want to smell dark matter! I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws! And feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me! I'm a machine! And I could know much more..."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: