Apr 27, 2018 02:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATLA Complete Series on Blu-ray - 5/1/18  (Read 569 times)
Ooze33
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Back from the dead?

« on: Feb 16, 2018 09:02 pm »

Looks like it's finally happening!

This listing popped up recently on Best Buy's website. I've tweeted @NickelodeonDVD to see if I can get an official confirmation, but it looks like ATLA is getting a complete series Blu-ray release on May 1st, 2018! I would assume it's from the recent HD upconversions that were digitally released. I'll update this post with more info as I can get it.

EDIT: Confirmed! US Best Buy exclusive May 1st, wide release June 5th. International release unknown so far.

« Last Edit: Feb 23, 2018 10:43 am by Ooze33 » Logged

I Keep: Aunt Wu's headpiece, Lin Beifong's scar, The Lieutenant's kali sticks, and The Cabbage Merchant's Statue
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2018 07:11 pm »

Digimon Emperor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

F.ace E.verything A.nd R.ise

« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2018 08:33 pm »

I had just seen it on tvshowsondvd.com about it showing it up like on Best Buy.  Although I grabbed the complete series on DVD last year and I really don't get anything unless it happened to be like a Blu Ray/DVD combo if it's the only way I can obtain it.

Red Hawk
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2018 01:16 pm »

Yay!  Finally!

Complete series soundtrack next plz and thk u
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2018 07:02 pm »

Complete series soundtrack next plz and thk u

Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av by Maivry, Sig by PrincessBlazeFire

« Reply #5 on: Feb 21, 2018 07:03 pm »

The Track Team are no longer together so I'm not sure if it's still possible? I don't know how the rights to music works.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #6 on: Feb 21, 2018 07:31 pm »

From what I've read, Nick owns the rights to the music, and the files/data used to create it was sitting on Nick computers when it was last seen.

However, something similar happened with Vince Dicola's score to Transformers: The Movie, and the Botcon convention commissioned him to recreate it for a new release, a 'relatively' simple matter since it was all synthesized. (He also had the help of a synth-programmer, and I don't know if that person was involved in the original production.) I don't know if it would be as easy for Jeremy Zuckerman to do that, but perhaps with Nick's backing he and some tech support could put something together.

Digimon Emperor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Feb 23, 2018 09:19 am »

Looking like the Blu Ray complete series has been confirmed.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02/23/avatar-the-last-airbender-complete-series-coming-to-blu-ray-this-summer

Ooze33
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Back from the dead?

« Reply #8 on: Feb 23, 2018 10:52 am »

Hopefully they'll go into more detail about the Bonus Features soon. I would assume everything will stay standard definition, but it would be nice if the super deformed shorts and the pilot episode were offered in HD.

Also I hope it isn't a simple copy paste. It would be great if the pilot was offered without commentary along with the Avatar Spirits documentary that was released with the collector's edition of season one.

I Keep: Aunt Wu's headpiece, Lin Beifong's scar, The Lieutenant's kali sticks, and The Cabbage Merchant's Statue
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av by Maivry, Sig by PrincessBlazeFire

« Reply #9 on: Feb 23, 2018 07:37 pm »

Aren't all the specials listed the same as the DVD box sets though? They look similar.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Ooze33
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Back from the dead?

« Reply #10 on: Feb 23, 2018 09:27 pm »

Aren't all the specials listed the same as the DVD box sets though? They look similar.

Yeah, it looks like all of the special features listed are direct lifts from the original season box sets.

Red Hawk
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: Mar 09, 2018 05:38 pm »

I really hope they don't just include the version of the pilot episode where you couldn't turn off the commentary.
Digimon Emperor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: Mar 15, 2018 11:05 am »

Looks like Amazon is going to have it too but almost a month later.

https://smile.amazon.com/Avatar-Last-Airbender-Complete-Blu-ray/dp/B07BC5STNG/ref=tmm_blu_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1521129833&sr=1-1

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: