Jun 19, 2018 05:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Comic:
10 - 0 (0%)
9 - 1 (25%)
8 - 0 (0%)
7 - 0 (0%)
6 - 0 (0%)
5 - 0 (0%)
4 - 0 (0%)
3 - 1 (25%)
2 - 1 (25%)
1 - 1 (25%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [DH Comics #17] Turf Wars, Part 2  (Read 2014 times)
ahintoflime
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #25 on: Jun 10, 2018 08:47 pm »

There is something in the comic that has been nagging me for a long time that no one has addressed, how on earth is the ambush that the police walk into supposed to work?
I mean, in theory it’s okay, but the artistic depiction leaves a couple of logical problems.
Depending on how much time was spent on the part when they were determining the order of events, they probably skipped over the "how" and concentrated on the "who."

Lin's team goes in for a mission -> It's a trap -> Mako saves everyone yet again

If the artist doesn't press the issue and the writer doesn't elaborate then a bare bones result comes about.

I actually didn't mind Bolin being a cop since they're probably understaffed (Mako did say temporary) after Kuvira murdered their forces in a discrete-cutaway shot/off-screen, so I can buy Bolin, a pretty competent bender for this series and jobless, having a go at it, so he was pretty in character.

This gives me an idea. Instead of Korra's further Avatar drama, they should do an ongoing series centered on Bolin.
I'm digging the idea of Donald Duck comics. But I wouldn't have Bolin as the star, support, background, or even mentioned. If possible we can just have Donald Duck comics because I like and enjoy and can care about Donald Duck.
noblebender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

-20 approval rating

« Reply #26 on: Jun 13, 2018 12:59 pm »

There is something in the comic that has been nagging me for a long time that no one has addressed, how on earth is the ambush that the police walk into supposed to work?
I mean, in theory it’s okay, but the artistic depiction leaves a couple of logical problems.
Lin uses her seismic sense to estimate how many people are in the room, and she says there are at least a dozen. But there is one rather serious problem with the illustrations of the dummies that tricked her, they don’t have any proper feet! How do you mistake something that has the foot of a coat stand for a human being? I know Toph complained about her daughters bending being imperfect, but usually its better than this.
Also, why do the dummies, which by the way quite heavily outnumber Lin’s estimate, explode? We never see anything triggering or fueling the explosion. In the past we have always had some indication of how an explosive ambush happens, but not here. And please don’t say that it’s because the dummies are covered in explosive postit notes. That would not fit very well with what we have seen in the series in the past. I know enchanted pieces of paper can do all sorts of things in various anime series, but that sort of mumbo jumbo has never been used in Avatar as far as I can recall. The fact that explosive paper also reminds me of the running gag from Inspector Gadget doesn’t help either.

Great point about the coat foot vs. human feet. But I assumed they were rigged by a fuse on the floor. I'm sure the details don't matter as much. Haha Worth it for that epic shot of Mako though, reminiscent of his sacrifice in the Book Four finale. So I'm all about it! The creators never did think everything through...

credit to bluerainicons @ LJ                                          Harustache senses are TOTALLY on Tophic. - Mariabug, The Pebble, noblebender
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: