Oct 24, 2017 05:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Turf Wars, Parts 2 & 3 speculation thread [SPOILERS from Part 1!]  (Read 1075 times)
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« on: Jul 26, 2017 09:28 am »

If you have read Turf Wars, Part 1 and want to speculate on what happens next in Parts 2 & 3 with fellow fans, you can do so here. As usual, all forum rules apply.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Runamuck
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: Aug 11, 2017 01:28 pm »

So, has anybody been looking for any news lately? Well, I have a little:

We have yet another interview, but this time there is something new at the end, the cover for the third part of Turf Wars:
http://ew.com/books/2017/08/08/legend-of-korra-comic-team-talks-korrasami-queer-representation/

And a little something from Koh’s blog:
http://prom-knight.tumblr.com/post/164041338098/no-real-spoilers-but-say-hello-to-jargala-see
No idea if this is also relevant for part 2 or 3, but it part 1 at least we can play a little game of where’s Waldo with the new named extra, Jargala.

http://prom-knight.tumblr.com/post/163588236848/i-showed-these-today-at-the-fantastic-comics
We also have some development sketches for the covers.

Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Aug 11, 2017 05:48 pm »

And a little something from Koh’s blog:
http://prom-knight.tumblr.com/post/164041338098/no-real-spoilers-but-say-hello-to-jargala-see
No idea if this is also relevant for part 2 or 3, but it part 1 at least we can play a little game of where’s Waldo with the new named extra, Jargala.

She pops up in the first fight scene between the triads. She's a member of the Creeping Crystals, if I remember correctly?

Interesting that Koh was originally going to draw the covers, until they got Heather Campbell to do it. Maybe they wanted something that looked closer to the show for the cover?

Not really a fan of that Part 3 cover. I thought the first two were better, but on this one some of the faces look a bit wonky? (Mako especially.) Also this is nitpicking, but I think Asami's eyes are the wrong colour?

Yougo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Respect the Screaming bird!

« Reply #3 on: Aug 12, 2017 05:24 am »

Creeping Crystals, eh?

keeper of: the Screaming bird's horrible shreak; The Bendig Mark.
unicornpowah
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: Aug 12, 2017 12:01 pm »

Have to agree with Nausicaa with the 3rd cover and the faces. They just look kind of stiff and unnatural. Also is it just me or does Asami look like Azula in that cover? xD
Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Aug 12, 2017 12:28 pm »

Yes! She looks weirdly like Azula there. ...Plot twist?

Fig
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Aug 15, 2017 03:14 pm »

I am also not a big fan for the cover art for the 3rd one. Asami does kind of look like Azula there. And is it just me or does Mako look like Avatar Wan there?

"...you will find that if you look for the light, you can often find it. But if you look for the dark, that is all you will ever see." - Uncle Iroh
mmoon24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Aug 16, 2017 08:05 pm »

Mako looks awful in the third cover. but they can simply be early drafts so you never know.
Runamuck
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: Aug 29, 2017 10:40 am »

Not much news lately, but this is certainly interesting to see in hindsight after all those odd Amazon previews:
http://prom-knight.tumblr.com/post/164495473633/regarding-amazon-look-inside-previews

mmoon24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9 on: Aug 29, 2017 12:15 pm »

Wow, Amazon needs to sorely update their "Preview" system if the pages are random. I can't imagine how many books have been spoiled as a result.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #10 on: Aug 29, 2017 06:10 pm »

Yeah, an algorithm that limits things to the first 30% of pages should be easy to code. Or give publishers the option to limit things to one of a set of percentages (25, 50, 75, 100), or even type in their own (I would specify 37% of any book I publish).

But Amazon doesn't need to care, so they won't ever care. That's the benefit of being the biggest. Everyone else just has to get out of their way or get run over.

dogzee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: Sep 04, 2017 06:09 am »

I hope that the angry rock spirit allies itself with the villian who's name I can't remember. He could use his lizard look to fool everyone into believing that he's actually a spirit and beat up Korra with his new army of angry spirit followers and gangsters. I also want to see korrasami torn apart, it pains me to read through that junk. Please give other characters spotlight focus! Mako and Bolin driving around being policemen would be better than the first book and Mako needs to redeem himself after being fodderized, the poor fool can't catch a break and I'm getting flash backs to Book 4... Dark times on the sidelines...

I want a rematch.

Oh and actually show Jinora being a master who doesn't need help taking out random mooks.
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #12 on: Sep 04, 2017 06:36 am »

Maybe if he just stand side-way, where the spirits can only see his mutated face, he has a chance of convincing them.

Also, why are spirits always so douchy ? They keep being like "respect us ningens" but when something bad happens, they're like "TO THE HILLS"

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
dogzee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Sep 04, 2017 11:47 am »

Maybe if he just stand side-way, where the spirits can only see his mutated face, he has a chance of convincing them.

Also, why are spirits always so douchy ? They keep being like "respect us ningens" but when something bad happens, they're like "TO THE HILLS"
That might not be necessary lmao. Painted Lady, Iroh and Hundun are just as much spirit as the pokemon esque spirits. So with half his face being lizardy he can sell it even more along with receiving +3 intimidation points for each mortal he fools.
Runamuck
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: Oct 08, 2017 07:45 am »

Avatar news from the New York Comic Convention was apparently rather sparse, but at least we finally got a release date for part 3 of Turf Wars:
http://avatarthelastairbenderonline.com/turf-wars-part-3-release-date-is-june-13th-2018/
It will be released on the 13th of June 2018.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: