Aug 16, 2017 02:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dark Horse - The Legend of Korra Adult Colouring Book for July 12th  (Read 273 times)
Runamuck
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Mar 03, 2017 04:03 pm »

We have a little preview for the Legend of Korra adult coloring book:
http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/1/14765032/korra-coloring-book
Is it just me, or does the art style in this one look much closer to the cartoons than the ATLA counterpart did?
« Last Edit: Apr 08, 2017 10:59 pm by Icy_Ashford » Logged
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2017 08:47 pm »

Yeah, it's much less stylized and decorative.

Fig
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Apr 08, 2017 12:00 pm »

Has anyone else seen that they are releasing a Legend of Korra coloring book the same day that he comic goes on sale, Aug 1st.

I already have The Last Airbender one, this one will probably be added to my collection as well.  Grin

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere, sorry if this is a duplicate post.

"...you will find that if you look for the light, you can often find it. But if you look for the dark, that is all you will ever see." - Uncle Iroh
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #3 on: Aug 12, 2017 08:15 am »

I got the coloring book and I must say the art is far less cartoonish than the ATLA one but there are still some rather interesting pieces like:

- Tenzin playing with his kids and his airbender hood is up.
- Korra's muscles as she is bloodbent by Tarrlok. I'm serious, the way the tense muscles were drawn was rather good.
- Slightly silly comic book inspired page where Asami fights her dad in the mechs. Basically, the entire page has the two mechs clashing with each other but in one corner, there's a bubble with Asami's face while in the other corner, there's a bubble with Hiroshi's face.
- An x-ray view of Varrick sitting on Zhu Li's shoulders inside the platypus-bear suit while Zhu Li's legs are knee deep in wads of cash.
- Vaatu has a lot of tendrils coming out from his back for some reason... I don't remember that in the show.
- The Red Lotus are drawn like they're on the cover of a superhero comic.
- I feel they should not have put in this page in the comic but there's one featuring Lin sneaking up behind P'li for the impending death scene while there's a bubble of Zaheer going =O in the corner.
- A fairly gaunt Korra as she learns to walk in Book 4. I was shocked by how thin her arms were drawn for that scene.
- Hiroshi's death scene. Basically the giant hand is about the swat the hummingbird suit and there's Asami being jettisoned out of the suit on one side while the opposite side has a bubble of Hiroshi looking very determined and serious. I guess we know how Hiroshi looked like when he was about to die...
- Not surprisingly, the last page is a Korrasami piece but it is not the one of them inside the portal. It's both of them in the Spirit World as they look at the spirits around them. Interestingly enough, Asami looks fairly masculine here and I almost missed seeing her ponytail at first glance.

Overall, fairly good pages for the coloring book.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
hmweasley
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: Aug 13, 2017 02:05 am »

As someone who's still very much into coloring books despite the hype dying down, I'm really looking forward to getting this one sometime soon.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #5 on: Aug 15, 2017 09:40 pm »

- I feel they should not have put in this page in the comic but there's one featuring Lin sneaking up behind P'li for the impending death scene while there's a bubble of Zaheer going =O in the corner.

THAT SOUNDS HILARIOUS!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I'll have to see if my comic shop has any copies left and take a peek.

Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #6 on: Aug 16, 2017 08:33 am »

^ Whoops, I meant Su, not Lin. Lin is on the ground, P'li is advancing on her while Su is sneaking up being P'li.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: