Oct 17, 2017 10:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Legend of Korra 5 year anniversary  (Read 701 times)
Fig
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Apr 07, 2017 11:36 am »

On April 12th, it will be 5 years since the 1st episode of The Legend of Korra was released.

Hard to believe it has already been five years! Especially since I rewatch it so often, lol.

How do you plan to celebrate such a momentous occasion?

What are some of your favorite things that Korra brought to the Avatar universe?

"...you will find that if you look for the light, you can often find it. But if you look for the dark, that is all you will ever see." - Uncle Iroh
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #1 on: Apr 12, 2017 06:08 pm »

I love Beginnings and 90% of everything to do with Tenzin.

Really, Tenzin might be one of the most compelling characters in the mega-series.

Fig
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Apr 12, 2017 06:19 pm »

I love Beginnings and 90% of everything to do with Tenzin.

Really, Tenzin might be one of the most compelling characters in the mega-series.

I agree. It is also nice to see his own transformation. He was a spiritual master before him and Korra met and yet he still continued to grow and learn.

"...you will find that if you look for the light, you can often find it. But if you look for the dark, that is all you will ever see." - Uncle Iroh
DangerMouseDM
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Jul 28, 2017 01:35 am »

Good point. That was a great thing in the show, it was really enjoyable we got to see that with both Korra and Tenzin. You don't usually get to see that with the adult character(s).

I can't believe it's already been so long. Same here Fig, I still re-watch on the blu-rays regularly lol, and the show really is still gorgeous as hell even after all this time. Hell, I still stay up and put on the two late night eps on Nicktoons often whenever they show two eps a night for a week and go through a season when I realize it's on, since they show them without warning and then stop for a while after finishing a season, and then without warning seemingly randomly put it back on. Still love this show so much.

Seasons 1 and 3 might be some of my favorite TV still. Season 1 still feels so fresh to this day whenever I re-watch it and season 3 they were of course firing on all cylinders. While season 2 is still as messy as ever, re-watching them on the late night showings reminds me how sucked in you can get on some of those later eps in that season particularly thanks to the music. And season 4 still has a lot of great moments. Still wish it wasn't over.

Yeah Loopy he was, I think Korra and Tenzin might be my favorite two characters in the franchise. I found them both great.

For totally new stuff I think they hit a home run IMO with the New York style "melting pot" creation of Republic City, which really got to shine in season 1, since that season was the biggest showcase of tech, the modern locations playing a bigger role, even down to the airducts being used by Amon's forces for their gas attack, the politics and news media plays of Tarrlok, and the Equalist issues. Definitely one of my favorite brand new things they brought to the Avatar universe.

I'll probably celebrate by a refresher of the episode commentaries, it's been a while since I've gone through them again and they were fun to watch when I picked up the blu-rays.
« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2017 01:58 am by DangerMouseDM » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: