May 24, 2017 07:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any news on a new series?  (Read 923 times)
Megagents
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Dec 27, 2016 06:50 pm »

Hi. I know that this forum isn't really fond of threads that can be answered with one post. But before you lock this, can someone just give me a yay or nay on a new avatar series? Last I heard there was talk of twin earth benders. Any truth to this? Is anything avatar related coming to TV soon? Thanks for reading.
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2016 07:26 am »

Last I heard there was talk of twin earth benders.
The main thing on ASN is that you should always provide a source to your statement. Are you confusing about yourself with the twins from an ATLA episode where one was an earthbender and the other wasn't?

An answer to your question is that is unlikely they will be doing an Avatar TV series in the future. Bryan is working on his Threadsworlds graphic novel and Mike recently released his Rebel Genius novel. To our knowledge, the only Avatar related in the pipeline will be The Legend of Korra graphic novel that is written by Mike.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Red Hawk
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2016 12:09 am »

Last I heard there was talk of twin earth benders.
The main thing on ASN is that you should always provide a source to your statement. Are you confusing about yourself with the twins from an ATLA episode where one was an earthbender and the other wasn't?

An answer to your question is that is unlikely they will be doing an Avatar TV series in the future. Bryan is working on his Threadsworlds graphic novel and Mike recently released his Rebel Genius novel. To our knowledge, the only Avatar related in the pipeline will be The Legend of Korra graphic novel that is written by Mike.

I while back after the show ended some fake news sites were basically making up stuff about Legend of Korra and passing it off as news or announcements, one of them being this idea that the next Avatar would be twin earthbenders.  Which really makes very little sense.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2017 04:20 pm »

Well, now I kind of want to try to make the concept work in a fanfic. Cheesy

I'd probably have to do something with conjoined twins...

Yougo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Respect the Screaming bird!

« Reply #4 on: Jan 01, 2017 05:02 pm »

You know, with the idea of Vaatu reincarnating inside Korra and then finding a new host for the whole package we might have something here. Something complicated, confusing and very freaky.

sig by me.
keeper of: the Screaming bird's horrible shreak; The Bendig Mark.
Justrec
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Show me the Toph!

« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2017 01:26 pm »

Didn't Mike and Bryan have a terrible experience making Korra because of the network? I doubt they'd go back and work again with them because of that, and sadly Viacom/Nick owns the Avatar IP.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2017 07:06 pm »

Sadly, we're missing a lot of the behind-the-scenes info to really say. They obviously weren't thrilled with Book Change's airing shenanigans, but whether that was network incompetence or if the ratings really were bad enough to justify it being pulled is an open question.

For all we know, it was the fandom's deplorable reaction to leaks (gobbling them up and then flooding the internet with spoilers) that most soured the Mike and the Bryan on putting so much work into animation projects.

Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 2017 07:10 pm »

I imagine that animation projects are a lot of work. Alex Hirsch of Gravity Falls fame wanted to quit after only one season. I can't imagine how hard it must have been to juggle three seasons at once, which they were doing for awhile.
« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2017 07:14 pm by Colonel_Brian » Logged
ahintoflime
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: Jan 10, 2017 08:02 pm »

but whether that was network incompetence or if the ratings really were bad enough to justify it being pulled is an open question.

Can't it be both?

At the very least, Steven Universe is doing well despite leaks. People are actually talking about the show positively and tsk tsking at the network.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2017 06:41 pm »

So far, I have yet to see a fandom that actually likes its network.

Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #10 on: Jan 12, 2017 05:47 pm »

Since there's no new content on the horizon, thread locked.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: