Aug 16, 2017 11:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where all those southerns people came from?  (Read 580 times)
doratchi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Sep 22, 2016 02:56 pm »

Aang, entire village:

And now we get to see the 2 sisters in The Rift plus al lot of new people in North and South. Maybe most of them left and came back when the war ended? But what Nutha who said 'I didn't see you since you left home'?
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #1 on: Sep 22, 2016 05:49 pm »

The two sisters in The Rift are in that screenshot! Match up the hairstyles, and discover how young Gurihiru draws people. Cheesy

The rest were from other Southern Water Tribe villages. The old website mentioned that Hakoda visited them looking for a Waterbender teacher for Katara, and fans have speculated that one of those villages sold Katara out to the Fire Nation.

doratchi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Sep 23, 2016 03:20 am »

The two sisters in The Rift are in that screenshot! Match up the hairstyles, and discover how young Gurihiru draws people. Cheesy

The rest were from other Southern Water Tribe villages. The old website mentioned that Hakoda visited them looking for a Waterbender teacher for Katara, and fans have speculated that one of those villages sold Katara out to the Fire Nation.
Where excactly in the screenshot? Its hard to see clearly.

However I thought they all lived together like the north.

I guess you are right because Katara said 'only water bender in the south pole' or Maliq with 'loose connection of tribes'
but on the other hand in Hama's flashbacks it looked like on big place like the north. You sure about it?

I think that's wrong because the raiders should know that it was Katara and not Kya. I guess one of the water tribe prisoners mistakley said something about another waterbender.

P.s. I never thought about it but the last waterbender goes with the last airbender
Yougo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Respect the Screaming bird!

« Reply #3 on: Sep 23, 2016 08:28 am »

as one of the older farts around here, i can remember the day when me and my old pals went hiking down the- oh sorry wrong flashback. yes there was the old Nickelodeon website that stated Hakoda travelled to the other tribes to find a teacher for Katara.

the southern raiders not knowing about Katara but knowing about 'a waterbender' is cartoon canon. why? probably because fire navy captains can't hear good intel over the sound of how awesome they think they are. standard Fire Nation incompetence.

Hama's flashbacks were from when the firenation war first came to SWT mainland. all the men were out at sea fighting the war there, leaving Hama and the other women to defend the -back then, still standing- homes. (given that both men and women ended up fighting, and how successful the women actually were, i don't know why the forces were split gender-wise. guess sexism isn't that much of a northern exclusive thing?)

it's only after the women lost and Hama was taken, that the villages were destroyed/reduced to tents and freezing outhouses.

/edit

well, whaddayaknow. the old website was rescued! it's right here
it's a bit hard to navigate but with the help of the Appearences list on Hakoda's Wiki page i managed to find his character profile under episode 219.

hmm. curious though.
both the wiki and the old avatar portal almost never speak of the Southern Water Tribe in plural. it's always just "Tribe".
only the wiki mentioned Hakoda being
Quote from: Wiki
the chieftain of a minor tribe at the South Pole that was part of the Southern Water Tribe's tribal confederation.[2] Even though Hakoda was not the formal chief of the Southern Water Tribe,[3] he was one of its most prominent leaders at the end of the Hundred Year War
but references The Lost Scrolls: Water for that bit.

i guess everyone from the South Pole is SWT, but the specific "sub-"tribe is never mentioned. though jokingly, Sokka was greeted as "Sokka Watertribe" so i guess it's as specific as it needs to be. Hakoda would have had to meet and identify himself to someone from the WST but from another village for us to find out.
« Last Edit: Sep 23, 2016 09:47 am by Yougo » Logged

sig by me.
keeper of: the Screaming bird's horrible shreak; The Bendig Mark.
doratchi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: Sep 23, 2016 10:07 am »

I don't give s**t about nick old website, they are wrong about many things. But I find the proof I needed from the new comics.

And the only women who fought were benders. The waterbending forces were from both gender. And that none benders were only men.
Its a serious lack of understanding the avatar world to say the south was like the north about sexism.
The southerns are originally northens who left beacuse of the northen stuff.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #5 on: Sep 23, 2016 05:56 pm »

though jokingly, Sokka was greeted as "Sokka Watertribe" so i guess it's as specific as it needs to be.

Don't forget, that was a joke by Aang, not someone more practiced in international relations. It was probably a heckuva racist joke that his buddies let slide because they knew he didn't mean anything by it.

I don't give s**t about nick old website, they are wrong about many things. But I find the proof I needed from the new comics.

It was supposedly written by the Mike and the Bryan, whereas they just rubber-stamp the comics for the paycheck, so I know which source I prefer. Grin

And the only women who fought were benders. The waterbending forces were from both gender. And that none benders were only men.
Its a serious lack of understanding the avatar world to say the south was like the north about sexism.
The southerns are originally northens who left beacuse of the northen stuff.

On the other hand, Sokka learned his sexism from somewhere. My guess is that there's lip-service to sexism and more rigid gender-roles in times of peace, but unlike the North, the South is wise enough to let all that go and get practical in times of danger.

doratchi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Sep 24, 2016 08:34 am »

It's Sokka. And Im sure he didn't say this type of things to other girls.

And Gene is only the writer, the idea guys are still Mike and Bryan, same reletionship in the original series.
(Plus there is some proofs from the show. I just hate everythinh Nick did with avatar such like the extras)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: