Jul 27, 2017 12:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: North and South - Parts 2 & 3 speculation thread [SPOILERS from Part 1!]  (Read 1817 times)
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« on: Sep 15, 2016 04:34 am »

This is a speculation thread for those who have read North and South Part 1 and would like to speculate what would happen in Parts 2 & 3.

Remember, all forum rules apply and absolutely no illegal links to Part 1.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
doratchi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: Sep 15, 2016 05:03 am »

Probaly everybody will read it on the 28th, not now

However we know Toph is coming for a visit because of her father company, Aang is back, probaly he would have dillema over staying with Katara or rebuliding the air tempels. He and Katara would have to make peace between Katara's family who support the progress, to the others which I guess Aang would take their side- not only because Katara is his girlfriend, but also because traditions are very important for him, or maybe what happend in The Promise and The Rift changed him, that's a serious question.
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #2 on: Sep 15, 2016 05:15 am »

Probaly everybody will read it on the 28th, not now
That is why I said this:

This is a speculation thread for those who have read North and South Part 1 and would like to speculate what would happen in Parts 2 & 3.

You don't have to comment in a new thread just because it is new. It is common for new comic threads to remain discussion free for a while until everyone reads it.

So if you have not read it yet, please refrain from posting in the respective threads at the moment.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Sep 15, 2016 02:47 pm »

Okay, random speculation about the ending of part 3: After the conflict is over Aang proposes to Katara, she accepts, they agree to live in the Southern Water Tribe, flash-forward to see a brief glimpse in their family life.

That would only happen if North and South is the final comic and it is a big if.

But I forgotten, what's the youngest age that people in the Avatar universe can marry? Aang is just 15 so is he old enough to be allowed to marry?
« Last Edit: Sep 15, 2016 03:18 pm by Avatar Symbolism Fan » Logged
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #4 on: Sep 15, 2016 04:33 pm »

^ Aang is the Avatar. If he says he wants to marry, who's gonna stop him?

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #5 on: Sep 15, 2016 05:13 pm »

Besides, he can always make up whatever age-of-adulthood he wants and say it was from his dead Air Nomad culture. Who's gonna call him on that? The professor who got killed by the owl?

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Sep 15, 2016 05:14 pm »

True, very true and if others have married in the Avatar universe that were young as him then he should too if he wants.
« Last Edit: Sep 15, 2016 05:17 pm by Avatar Symbolism Fan » Logged
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #7 on: Sep 15, 2016 05:15 pm »

But I forgotten, what's the youngest age that people in the Avatar universe can marry? Aang is just 15 so is he old enough to be allowed to marry?

Yue was 14 when her father married her away, so 15 might be too late by Water Tribe standards Grin.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #8 on: Sep 15, 2016 05:16 pm »

Wasn't Yue 16? I thought she was older than Sokka.

plushu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

157% PIANDAOIST

« Reply #9 on: Sep 15, 2016 05:28 pm »

Wasn't Yue 16? I thought she was older than Sokka.

Yes, Yue was 16.

From Act I of The Waterbending Master, Chief Arnook states:

"Chief Arnook (standing to address the crowd): Tonight, we celebrate the arrival of our brother and sister from the Southern Tribe, and they have brought with them someone very special, someone whom many of us believed disappeared from the world until now. (Indicating Aang) The Avatar! (The crowd cheers.) We also celebrate my daughter's 16th birthday. (He backs up out of the frame to reveal the beautiful girl with the white hair, flanked by two attendants, walking up to the table. They all bow, smiling.) Princess Yue is now of marrying age."
« Last Edit: Sep 16, 2016 01:26 am by plushu » Logged

AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #10 on: Sep 15, 2016 05:43 pm »

Wow... and I can still learn something new about ATLA Cheesy!

I thought Yue was the same age as Katara...

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
plushu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

157% PIANDAOIST

« Reply #11 on: Sep 16, 2016 01:25 am »

Well, they can always wait until his sixteenth birthday.
« Last Edit: Sep 16, 2016 01:27 am by plushu » Logged

doratchi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: Sep 16, 2016 01:36 am »

They are getting marry at 16, and Katara is around 17 and half on this comics. Aang is almost 16- and however- Katara can marry for sure, Aang is a forigen so his age doesn't mind, not to mention his 100 years in the iceberg.
And after all, the plot is all about accepting changes, so the southerns may be mad at the first outsider marrying SWT girl, but they would accept it's a new type of world.
I like how Aang is a great leader who started the globaliztion.

Aang already payed the price of being part of this family Smiley
(I mean- Jet, Yue, Kya are dead. Aang, Suki, Malina- almost killed. Guess being part of them come with a price)
I almost sure that they will marry at the end, but now, ever since there are a lot flashbacks from the past, it may also bring up the bad things that happend to the couple
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Sep 16, 2016 01:46 am »

Maybe instead of proposing to her they just talk about the possibility of living in the city.

Aang: "Do you want us to live here?"  
Katara: "Yes Aang, I do."
Aang: "Well I don't. End of discussion!"
Katara: "What?!"
End of comic.
Preview for the next comic: Aang and Katara have a nasty breakup in The Breakup Part 1

Hahaha! I'm bored.
plushu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

157% PIANDAOIST

« Reply #14 on: Sep 16, 2016 01:49 am »

Maybe instead of proposing to her they just talk about the possibility of living in the city.

End of comic.
Preview for the next comic: Aang and Katara have a nasty breakup in The Breakup Part 1

Hahaha! I'm bored.

Given Gene Yang's pension for manufactured ~Drama~, I'd say that could plausably be the arc for the next series.

doratchi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: Sep 16, 2016 03:03 am »

End of comic.

Hahaha! I'm bored.
That was better if he would leave everyone after episode 115, now it's just impossible

I think that they may really act like husband-wife during part 2&3, like living in their own house instead of Hakoda's home, but as we know he would live the south many times to recover the air nomads
Yougo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Respect the Screaming bird!

« Reply #16 on: Sep 16, 2016 05:17 am »

The Breakup Part 1

Given Gene Yang's pension for manufactured ~Drama~, I'd say that could plausably be the arc for the next series.

three whole comic books filled with nothing but Katara and Aang breaking up. now there's a train(ship?)wreck to watch unfold Grin
Make it look like SuperAang vs BatKatara and i'll buy it!
let it end up as the true reason for the Everstorm, and we have a canon too.
« Last Edit: Sep 16, 2016 05:18 am by Yougo » Logged

sig by me.
keeper of: the Screaming bird's horrible shreak; The Bendig Mark.
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #17 on: Sep 16, 2016 05:26 am »

three whole comic books filled with nothing but Katara and Aang breaking up. now there's a train(ship?)wreck to watch unfold Grin

Y'know, I kinda want to read this.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
doratchi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Sep 16, 2016 07:04 am »

That was better if they were breaking up in the sereis

However I read somewhere that Gene want to add Katanng in this comics and 'Drama' I dont know if its for marry or break up
plushu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

157% PIANDAOIST

« Reply #19 on: Sep 16, 2016 07:22 am »

However I read somewhere that Gene want to add Katanng in this comics and 'Drama' I dont know if its for marry or break up

There's a rumor that goes back to the beginning of the comics that states that Gene Yang wanted to break Aang and Katara up (I assume, for Drama).  But Mike and Bryan were like, "Uh, no."

doratchi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #20 on: Sep 16, 2016 07:43 am »

There's a rumor that goes back to the beginning of the comics that states that Gene Yang wanted to break Aang and Katara up (I assume, for Drama).  But Mike and Bryan were like, "Uh, no."
Oh ok
UnownLegend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Thank you Returnable Memory for the set!

« Reply #21 on: Sep 16, 2016 01:57 pm »

They are getting marry at 16, and Katara is around 17 and half on this comics. Aang is almost 16- and however- Katara can marry for sure, Aang is a forigen so his age doesn't mind, not to mention his 100 years in the iceberg.
And after all, the plot is all about accepting changes, so the southerns may be mad at the first outsider marrying SWT girl, but they would accept it's a new type of world.
I like how Aang is a great leader who started the globaliztion.

Aang already payed the price of being part of this family Smiley
(I mean- Jet, Yue, Kya are dead. Aang, Suki, Malina- almost killed. Guess being part of them come with a price)
I almost sure that they will marry at the end, but now, ever since there are a lot flashbacks from the past, it may also bring up the bad things that happend to the couple

Wait, i haven't been reading the comics, did they really age up all the characters in this one? do they look different? the cover they kinda looked the same age to me

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: Sep 16, 2016 03:20 pm »

Wait, i haven't been reading the comics, did they really age up all the characters in this one? do they look different? the cover they kinda looked the same age to me
The characters have been aging since The Promise.
Red Hawk
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #23 on: Sep 16, 2016 03:36 pm »

Katara looked noticeably more mature,  to me.  Not so clear with Sokka.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #24 on: Sep 16, 2016 05:13 pm »

We have a whole thread around the fact that no one looks the ages they're supposed to be, and even the "supposed to be" bit is kind of unclear. Grin

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: