Aug 17, 2017 12:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Korra Nendoroid to be released in November  (Read 1979 times)
Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Jun 30, 2016 05:30 pm »

I saw a former LOK crew member tweet about this earlier. There's a Korra Nendoroid figure coming out in November. Pre-orders are open until the 27th of July. Here's some pictures:

Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #1 on: Jun 30, 2016 10:53 pm »

D'aww, she looks adorable. Too bad I'm not into collecting figures unless they were my absolute favourite characters.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Yougo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Respect the Screaming bird!

« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2016 11:11 pm »

They used the exact picture for her hair, that Nausicaa used as a sig. :-) props for the detail! Looks really crisp. I'm new to this nendoroid stuff. Is this posable in any way?

sig by me.
keeper of: the Screaming bird's horrible shreak; The Bendig Mark.
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #3 on: Jul 01, 2016 12:35 am »

Is this posable in any way?
From my knowledge, yes but limited poses I think. I believe they come with "stickers" or they're probably masks that allows you to change the facial expressions on the face.

I've never owned a Nendoroid so I think someone else who has one would be able to give a more accurate answer.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: Jul 01, 2016 06:32 am »

Is this posable in any way?
From my knowledge, yes but limited poses I think. I believe they come with "stickers" or they're probably masks that allows you to change the facial expressions on the face.

Yeah, it works something like that. I've never owned a Nendoroid, but I think they usually come with some alternate face pieces that you can click in, as well as alternate arm poses. In the pictures of Korra, you can see that her hand gestures are different between the two photographs.

It also looks like her legs are poseable, because you can see little joints in the photograph. (Actually, looking at it now, it also looks like she has alternate leg pieces between the first and second photograph. At the very least, they seem to have swapped the legs around.) The website says that the toy can't stand on its own, and requires the stand it comes with.

Here's what a Nendoroid box might include (2 examples, sorry for poor images):

Sometimes they just have alternate faces, sometimes they have an entire extra head. You can also swap the face plates/ heads with other Nendoroids, (so long as they are a compatible shape):

(That's Elsa in the Iron Man suit  Cheesy )

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #5 on: Jul 02, 2016 03:11 pm »

I hope this sells well enough that figma starts producing Avatar toys. Good Smile distributes those, too.

Kairok
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Jul 02, 2016 08:49 pm »

I want one!
BoomerAang Squad
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Sep 26, 2016 02:16 pm »

Preorders for Korra are back open, with a new release date of December 2016. The reason?

This product was previously available for order between the 30th June 2016 to the 10th August 2016, however due to the requests from fans after the announcement of Nendoroid Korra, we have decided to add both Air and Earth-bending effect parts as well as an additional expression in the Avatar state. All preorders already made for this product will also include these parts.
Kairok
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: Sep 26, 2016 02:38 pm »

What's the price translate to in dollars?
BoomerAang Squad
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9 on: Sep 26, 2016 03:13 pm »

It's roughly 100 Yen to $1. So around $44 and change (before tax, shipping, etc).
Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #10 on: Sep 26, 2016 07:17 pm »

This product was previously available for order between the 30th June 2016 to the 10th August 2016, however due to the requests from fans after the announcement of Nendoroid Korra, we have decided to add both Air and Earth-bending effect parts as well as an additional expression in the Avatar state. All preorders already made for this product will also include these parts.

Oh neat! I'm glad they added more accessories.

Ikkin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: Sep 27, 2016 07:15 pm »

I tried to pre-order this back when it was initially open, but their website refused to accept my telephone number.  >_>;  I hope I can find one from an Amazon reseller before Christmas (so I can ask for it to be wrapped and put under the tree as a present for me, heh).

Korra Ramblings on Tumblr

Child of the Elements - A look at Korra's childhood with the Order of the White Lotus. (Complete)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: