Apr 26, 2017 01:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If all Non-Benders turn into Benders...  (Read 880 times)
Rex Avatarum Imperium
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Phoenix King, Dark Avatar, Great Uniter, etc

« on: Mar 14, 2016 07:31 pm »

You have been given the power to give bending to non-benders across both the TLA and LOK world. What element you would give to each character? The type of the element can be based on personality, philosophy, political affiliation, or even fighting style.

TLA
Arnook -
Bato -
Hakoda -
Jet -
June -
Kanna -
Kya -
Longshot -
Mai -
Mechanist -
Pathik -
Piandao -
Pipsqueak -
Smellerbee -
Sokka -
Suki -
Teo -
Ty Lee -
Ursa -
Yue -

LOK
Asami Sato -
Baatar Jr -
Hiroshi Sato -
Hou-Ting -
Izumi -
Lieutenant -
Raiko -
Senna -
Varrick -
Zhu Li -

Freedom153
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

That Could Have Been Executed Better

« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2016 08:31 pm »

TLA
Arnook - Water.
Bato - Water.
Hakoda - Earth, for determination and resilience.
Jet - Fire, for his passion, and because I like irony.
June - I don't really know; she shows different styles. Earth maybe.
Kanna - Water.
Kya - Water.
Longshot - Air.
Mai - either Water or Earth.
Mechanist - Earth, because he works with metal and other types of earth.
Pathik - Energybender, which I'm pretty sure he is already, even if just weakly. He's spiritual, and I can't think of anyone else to give this to.
Piandao - Fire, for the Fire Nation, and his forge. Broadsword swinging would lend itself well to fire arcs as well from the sword.
Pipsqueak - Earth, because he's big and strong.
Smellerbee - Air, because of her agility.
Sokka - Earth, because of his sword, and generally being down to earth.
Suki - given her flowing combat style, and her home, even though she's got auburn hair, and is a Kyoshi Warrior, Water. And partially because of AtoMaki's headcanon. Tongue
Teo - either Air, or Earth, if he learned metalbending to better interact with his father's creations.
Ty Lee - Air, because acrobat and cheerful.
Ursa - if she's not already, Fire, for passion, and her warmth. That is, the show version, not comics Ursa. -_-
Yue - Water, because Moon.

LOK - I've already technically done it. Tongue For most of them anyways - those I have bolded have been announced.
Asami Sato - Fire, for passion, and her heritage (Fire Nation descent).
Baatar Jr - Earth, so he can learn metalbending, and get closer to the equipment he already uses in show. And to Kuvira...
Hiroshi Sato - Fire, like Asami, but for hatred(wanting to avenge Yasuko's death).
Hou-Ting - I'm not sure on this one. Earth Queen, obviously, but given how she tries to control everything, maybe a psychic bloodbender who's completely inept.
Izumi - I always imagined her as a bender. What's a Fire Lord without "Fire"?
Lieutenant - Air, for the agility he already shows.
Raiko - Water. Politicians, much like businessmen, need to be smooth, and we've already had two dbag waterbender politicians, Tarrlok and Unalaq.
Senna - I'm pretty sure she can waterbend.
Varrick - Water. Quick, slick, slippery, and business involves turning things back around, like waterbending turns opponent's attacks back around.
Zhu Li - Earth. Determined, resolute, and physically strong for her size given the way she hefts Varrick around.
Forgot one; Wu - I had him getting Earth, to signify a change in his personality, but based on show, maybe Air. He seems to be more about having fun, and he's not really got a backbone, to put it charitably.
And another you forgot, a big one, Pema - Air. Because she's got four Airbender kids, and was an Air Acolyte. I really wish she'd have gotten bending in the show. : \

See the bitter remnants, milling around the corpse of a dead god.
Bled dry man, transfusion shy, blood critic
It is what it is, and it will never be what it wasn’t.
Book 5:Humanity, aka: Freedom's First Writing
Stormy Daze
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You're gonna regret doing that, pal.

« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2016 06:23 am »

Simple, I would give them all the element associated with their ethnicity. It would've been nice if Pema was a earthbender. Somethingbthe show never adressed was if all Air Alcolytes were nonbenders. Taking Iroh's advice about studying the other bending disciples, seeing Air Acolytes that can bend different elements but incorporate airbending forms into their style would've been sweet. We could've seen earthbenders bending sand tornadoes, waterbenders 'airbending' with vapor, and extremely agile passive firebenders that focus on evasion with fire jets and possibly fire that doesn't burn.

People like Asami or Suki would be overpowered had they gotten bending. All you need to know is some form of martial arts, pick up bending, and you become a formidable opponent(not against benders who learned the proper style of bending though, it would be a repeat of Tenzin qnd Zaheer). Asami wouldn't need a glove to electrocute you and she would have range. Suki would be bending like Kyoshi in the opening sequence, super quick, along with earth catapults for increased mobility.

I came to slay.
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #3 on: Mar 20, 2016 03:41 pm »

Suki - given her flowing combat style, and her home, even though she's got auburn hair, and is a Kyoshi Warrior, Water. And partially because of AtoMaki's headcanon. Tongue

Oh, come on  Cheesy! She is fierce, strong and determined with quite a self-righteousness to boot. That's as fiery as you can get!

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
ByStorm
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Look with favor upon a bold beginning.

« Reply #4 on: Apr 11, 2016 01:38 am »

TLA
Arnook - Water
Bato - Fire.
Hakoda - Water
Jet - Air
June - Earth
Kanna - Water
Kya - Water
Longshot - Earth
Mai - Fire
Mechanist - Air
Pathik - Earth
Piandao - Fire
Pipsqueak - Earth
Smellerbee - Air
Sokka - Water
Suki - Water
Teo - Air
Ty Lee - Air
Ursa - Fire
Yue - Water

LOK
Asami Sato - Fire
Baatar Jr - Earth
Hiroshi Sato - Fire
Hou-Ting - Fire
Izumi - Fire
Lieutenant - Air
Raiko - Water
Senna - Water
Varrick - Earth/Fire
Zhu Li - Air

"For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted God, adorned themselves, being in subjection to their owl husbands." - The Owl Bible , 1 Strigidae Bubo 3:5. Taken from a typo in 1 Peter 3:5.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #5 on: Apr 12, 2016 04:24 pm »

Oh, come on  Cheesy! She is fierce, strong and determined with quite a self-righteousness to boot. That's as fiery as you can get!

Exactly! Sokka even headcanons Suki as an Firebender! Smiley

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: