Jun 24, 2017 10:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Battles you think should've happened.  (Read 2476 times)
Stormy Daze
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You're gonna regret doing that, pal.

« on: Feb 20, 2016 07:58 am »

Discuss fight scenes that you would have loved to see within the show, who you think would win, and why.

I have many, but recently re watching Book 3, I am disappointed Zuko never went up against Zaheer. Especially when the second episode hyped him up so much with the background music, dragon, and his line "To stop them." before flying off into the sunset.

The scenerio in which they attack could be the Red Lotus HQ. Zaheer escapes the giant tornado that the Air Nomads created and tries to fly off, only to be immediately shot down by Zuko riding his dragon. Zuko dismounts Druk and engages Zaheer 1v1. Zaheer is speedy but Zuko's raw power in firebending directly counters and defends against his air jabs, scoring him the win.

Zuko stands his ground rooted while he handles a Zaheer circling him in the same manner has Azula.

I came to slay.
Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2016 12:26 pm »

I would have loved a fight between Tenzin and Unalaq. They have some similarities, but also several key philosophical differences. I would give the fight to Unalaq, even before Harmonic Convergence.
Lin vs. Zaheer or Ghazan would have been very interesting to see. It's a shame that Lin never fought any of the main villains of the series, at least directly. The closest thing was when she helped take down Kuvira's Colossus.

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
ThaiOzai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2016 01:35 pm »

I think Zuko vs Zaheer would have been a very odd way to end Book 3. It would have been like Pakku taking down Ozai or something.

Tenzin vs Unalaq would make more sense and would have been a fun battle to see.

As for me, I would have liked to see a healthy, unchained Korra against the Red Lotus.
Stormy Daze
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2016 03:26 pm »

I think Zuko vs Zaheer would have been a very odd way to end Book 3. It would have been like Pakku taking down Ozai or something.

Tenzin vs Unalaq would make more sense and would have been a fun battle to see.

As for me, I would have liked to see a healthy, unchained Korra against the Red Lotus.
It would have been a great way for Zuko to redeem himself after failing to stop him earlier and it would give him the credit he so badly deserves. Why bring back Zuko just so he can get a 10 second battle and a few lines?

Yeah a healthy Korra against the Red Lotus would've been nice, but I feel like she would've lost.

I came to slay.
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #4 on: Feb 20, 2016 03:28 pm »

Hmmm... let's see:

- Kai vs Zaheer. No finesse, no evasive dancing around, and no mercy, only two guys trying their best to put the hurt into the other with aggressive airbending attacks. Zaheer would have been a clear winner here of course, but it would have been still pretty darn interesting to watch their "brute-force airbending" duel.
- Korra vs Bending Bothers. This could have been a "training match gone awry" fight in Book 1, Book 2 or Book 4. This would have been cool, not only because of a potentially lightningbending+lavabending vs the Avatar showdown, but because of the emotional effect. What would have the brothers done with a frenzied Korra? Could have Korra regained control over herself before someone got hurt?
- Kuvira vs Kuvira. I actually expected this at one point, as some sort of cruel revenge from the spirits (and to draw a parallel with the Korra vs Dark Korra situation). This would have been a true fast-paced slugfest, something I don't know if we really saw in the show. Not to mention that this would have been a fight with a truly unpredictable ending.
- Lin vs Kuvira. This fight was sorely lacking from Book 4 IMHO. We had Lin vs Su, Su vs Kuvira, but no Lin vs Kuvira.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Freedom153
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

That Could Have Been Executed Better

« Reply #5 on: Feb 20, 2016 04:25 pm »

On Kuvira vs "Dark" Kuvira. Even if I had something like it in what I wrote, her dark half being a pure metal "Metallokuvira", I don't like the idea of fighting your "dark half" without some heavy non-physical fighting or "blows" being involved. If it's supposed to be some manifestation of an internal struggle, having it be purely bending would be a huge missed opportunity, and a misrepresentation of the nature of internal struggle. You can't just punch your "dark half" and win.

An in-show (or, in future, in comic) Kuvira vs Dark Kuvira/Metallokuvira would have been good as part of a potential Kuvira redemption arc, the final blow to the dark half being spiritual or emotional in nature. Something like Zuko's struggles in Book 2 and 3 of ATLA with a bit of "Spirit Portals are open now, weird crap can happen" thrown in. If it's just another dark versus light physical throwdown like what happened in the Swamp with Korra, or what Korra Kaiju versus UnaVaatu ended up being... no thanks.

A fight I would have liked to see, easily inserted into what happened? Maybe Lin versus Ming-Hua, just for the metal whips versus water tentacles. I'm not 100% sure who would win - it would all depend on setting. Limited water - Lin, she just gets Ming-Hua away from any water, and whatever water she had to start with. Water in endless supply - Ming-Hua, as Lin doesn't have an ace up her sleeve like Mako did with his lightning.

I also found the lack of resistance by Republic City's civilian population, especially benders, against Amon and the Equalist Revolution odd. It wouldn't have fit in to Season 1 as it was when written, but some depiction of civilian resistance against the Equalist invasion would have been good, to show the benders of Republic City weren't going down without a fight. Nonbenders like the "You're our Avatar too!" woman got some screentime, and seeing something from the other side of the coin (benders resisting oppression, and likely unsuccessfully) would have added some nice extra greyness. But that's what fanfic is for - it wouldn't have really fit in from a time standpoint, even a pseudo-montage a minute long being out of place.

A fight I would have liked to see, changing what happened more? The Colossus and metalbending tanks (presumably immune to Varrick's EMP) and elite metalbenders versus Korra and her allies in The Last Stand. I thought it was foolish of Kuvira to go into the city without more support, and like seeing more tactical affairs (like The Day of Black Sun) especially when one side is at a severe disadvantage and has to be smart.

Additional datapoints acquired. Additional animated stories viewed. Directive: adjust opinion... adjusting...
First eyes, a treasure. New eyes, end with a pretentious blink, own vision eclipses.
Book 5:Humanity, aka: Freedom's First Writ
Stormy Daze
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Feb 20, 2016 04:35 pm »

A fight I would have liked to see, easily inserted into what happened? Maybe Lin versus Ming-Hua, just for the metal whips versus water tentacles. I'm not 100% sure who would win - it would all depend on setting. Limited water - Lin, she just gets Ming-Hua away from any water, and whatever water she had to start with. Water in endless supply - Ming-Hua, as Lin doesn't have an ace up her sleeve like Mako did with his lightning.
Lin has an unlimited supply of earth and can lift multiple boulders at once, I'd say that she would win had they ever went at it.

Korra vs Bending Bothers. This could have been a "training match gone awry" fight in Book 1, Book 2 or Book 4. This would have been cool, not only because of a potentially lightningbending+lavabending vs the Avatar showdown, but because of the emotional effect. What would have the brothers done with a frenzied Korra? Could have Korra regained control over herself before someone got hurt?
A Korra in the Avatar State? If so, I think they could take her if one draws her attention and the other puts her down with a lethal attack.

I came to slay.
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #7 on: Feb 20, 2016 04:52 pm »

On Kuvira vs "Dark" Kuvira.

I wasn't thinking about a "Dark Kuvira", but something like a clone or a doppelganger created by the spirits. She would have been, like, an assassin, sent to deal with Kuvira for good and show her that messing with the spirits is a no-go.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #8 on: Feb 20, 2016 08:40 pm »

Spirit Assassins? Cheesy Giant monsters are more their style when it comes to revenge.

I would have liked to see Tenzin versus Lin, even as a friendly match.

shorewall
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yeah, baby!

« Reply #9 on: Feb 20, 2016 08:59 pm »

A friendly match that gets heated, if you know what I mean.  Wink  The ol' slap slap kiss kiss trope. 

Why do you think they were so proper around each other?  Any relaxing of their strict discipline and something could have happened.  Wink

"The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed. Since beginning-less time, darkness thrives in the void but always yields to purifying light."
Freedom153
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

That Could Have Been Executed Better

« Reply #10 on: Feb 20, 2016 09:15 pm »

On Kuvira vs "Dark" Kuvira...

I wasn't thinking about a "Dark Kuvira", but something like a clone or a doppelganger created by the spirits. She would have been, like, an assassin, sent to deal with Kuvira for good and show her that messing with the spirits is a no-go.

Given the spirits were asked to help defend Republic City and declined, I can't see them sending an assassin. : \ Even that would make more sense than what happened. I would have much preferred Republic City's spirits to not be morons and help defend the city, and ignore that dragon serpent spirit thing... real spirits versus spirit technology could have been interesting, given the Colossus was shown as not effected by EMP, and thus pure spirit powered, presumably without any "real" electrical energy.

A friendly match that gets heated, if you know what I mean.  Wink  The ol' slap slap kiss kiss trope. 

Why do you think they were so proper around each otherAny relaxing of their strict discipline and something could have happenedWink
All I could think of when you said that is this: "Hyou named my johnson Johnson. I don't think hyou know hwat hyou're doing."

Additional datapoints acquired. Additional animated stories viewed. Directive: adjust opinion... adjusting...
First eyes, a treasure. New eyes, end with a pretentious blink, own vision eclipses.
Book 5:Humanity, aka: Freedom's First Writ
shorewall
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yeah, baby!

« Reply #11 on: Feb 21, 2016 11:10 am »

So? That's got diddly squat doo-wop doo-wop legalize pot Blitzkrieg Bop to do with you right now!

Cheesy

"The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed. Since beginning-less time, darkness thrives in the void but always yields to purifying light."
Raimundo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: Feb 21, 2016 05:37 pm »

There aren't many I think should've happened so much I would've just liked to see more fights, but the show did such a fantastic job with action anyway so I was genuinely satisfied. Still there are a few:

Book 1:
Mako and Bolin vs Republic City Gang Members- Probending aside, the "Fabulous Bending Bros" didn't really do much "Fabulous Bending". Sure Mako had his moments, but Bolin really got the short end of stick. Not to mention, the show missed a great opportunity to explore the fact that Mako and Bolin were gang affiliated; which would have given them so much depth and tied in greatly with the equalist arc.

Korra vs Amon/Noatak: I was one of the people who found the Book 1 finale disappointing, but not because of the love triangle, or the twist that Amon was a bender or that Tarrlok was his brother. No, it was simply because Korra and Amon/Noatak never got a proper fight sequence. Writing Amon as a bloodbender was a very confusing writing decision, but it also lead to a very disappointing final showdown that was built up for eleven episodes Tongue. I mean if you're gonna have Amon be this OP amazing waterbender, at least DO something with it. Can you imagine how much more weight the Book 2 finale would have had if it had been Korra battling Noatak instead of Unalaq?

Book 2:
Asami vs. Varrick's goons- Bolin's fight with Varrick's henchmen was awesome and I wouldn't trade it for anything. But Asami should have had her own fight with them too (a separate one). I mean come on, Varrick stole HER company, framed her ex-boyfriend (whom she did still care about), manipulated her into helping him start a civil war, and basically screwed over all her friends. WHY WASN'T THIS A STRONGER CHARACTER ARC?

Book 3: None, but Asami could've done more in this season too.

Book 4 (this is a BIG ONE):
Mako vs Bolin- This season appeared as if it was leading to this fight at first with the brothers being on opposing sides of the Earth Kingdom and all, but I guess due to how the plot was written (as well as budget cuts, pacing, and time constraints) we never got to see these two go at it. It's a shame really because Mako and Bolin are at their best here (both ability and character-wise) and it would have made for a pretty compelling fight. Not to mention, it wouldn't have been too lethal. I doubt Mako would use lightning on Bolin and I'm 90% sure Bolin wouldn't use lavabending on Mako....ok more like 85%. Honestly, I would much rather this had been the focus of "The Coronation" because these are two characters whose conflict we would actually care about as opposed to Prince Wu's and his annoying, unfunny antics (and this coming is from a Bolin fan Roll Eyes)..

Bolin vs Kuvira- Again, this might be the Bolin fanboy in me talking and I'm sure many will probably disagree with me here. Though Bolin's character arc in Book 4 was strong; it felt somewhat incomplete. Bolin should have had moment where he at least stood up to Kuvira, someone he laid down his life for and put his total faith in. It was great that he defected from her army as soon as he realized her true intentions, but I can't help but think that a final confrontation between them would have been a much stronger conclusion to his arc. Though if he was to actually fight her, he would have to lose.... BADLY. For one, Kuvira's defeat is reserved for Korra, not Bolin. Two, it would have been a very meaningful character moment (kind of like Tenzin's epic loss in Book 3) and would have done wonders for Bolin's character, such as pushing him away from his comic relief shtick.

And lastly, Korra vs Dark Avatar Korra (rematch): Korra's PTSD arc was arguably the most interesting part of Book 4. Dark Avatar Korra was terrifying but AWESOME and Korra, no matter how hard she tried, just could not beat her. But after her appearance in "The Battle of Zaofu", the show just forgets about her. And that's so frustrating! Beyond The Wilds was a really good episode but it would've been great had Korra had actually confronted herself in addition to Zaheer. Also, Korra NEEDED a one-on-one win after constantly losing to everything. And what better enemy for Korra to fight than her greatest enemy: herself? Spectacular Spider-man is an example of a show that did this beautifully (see here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT9tzrouhLk) and Korra could have did it even better. Yeah it is a bit cliche, but it would've made her arc much stronger. And I get that the purpose of Kuvira was for Korra to see what she could've been; but I feel this should have happened first.
« Last Edit: Feb 21, 2016 06:06 pm by Raimundo » Logged
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #13 on: Feb 21, 2016 06:10 pm »

Another classic of the concept.

That would have been a great opportunity to lay the seeds of the lesson Korra learns by the end of the Book with Kuvira, and set up something more than "I had to suffer to learn or something."

luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: Feb 22, 2016 02:12 pm »

I think that they should have had the masters of the White Lotus face off against the Red Lotus. I really did not like how both groups were written out of the story. Also I would have maybe had Kuvira be a much stronger bender (perhaps through bio-engineering like using the spirit vines to boost her strength) and face off against Zaheer to cement her status as the new threat. Imagine if she had the raw strength of Bumi, mixed with the prowess and agility of the Bei-Fongs and throw in Bolin/Ghazan's lavabending and we have a cool formidable final opponent.
Clowngoon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: Feb 22, 2016 03:15 pm »

I think that they should have had the masters of the White Lotus face off against the Red Lotus. I really did not like how both groups were written out of the story. Also I would have maybe had Kuvira be a much stronger bender (perhaps through bio-engineering like using the spirit vines to boost her strength) and face off against Zaheer to cement her status as the new threat. Imagine if she had the raw strength of Bumi, mixed with the prowess and agility of the Bei-Fongs and throw in Bolin/Ghazan's lavabending and we have a cool formidable final opponent.
Or if she could end up metalbending platinum. Something that as said to be impossible.

"Some friendships can transcend through lifetimes."

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character."
Stormy Daze
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: Feb 22, 2016 03:19 pm »

I think that they should have had the masters of the White Lotus face off against the Red Lotus. I really did not like how both groups were written out of the story.
I had completely forgotten that the WL even had masters. For an organization that's sole purpose is to serve the Avatar, where were they during book 3? Surely they would've sent the best of the best to protect Korra, but all we got was Lin.

Bolin with lavabending vs Ming-Hua and Mako vs Ghazan was originally how I thought the two RL members would go down(Bolin suggested they should switch opponents back at the oasis), I'm curious on how Bolin would fare againt Ming-Hua. Mako would just flat out stomp Ghazan.

I came to slay.
Niko
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Bolin time!

« Reply #17 on: Apr 20, 2016 03:47 pm »

Operation Beifong-Bolin vs. Kuvira: This fight would have been an excellent way to show that our boy Bolin wasn't afraid of Kuvira anymore. Not a long fight, but they could exchange a few words while chucking boulders at each other before Kuvira's men intervene.

In Harm's Way-Zuko vs. Zaheer: Surprised this fight hadn't happened originally. I feel this match up would've been a nice way to mirror Zuko and Aang's encounters in book 1. Zaheer would be holding his against Zuko for a while, actually I imagine Zaheer just dancing around Zuzu as he struggles to tag the airbender, until P'li blasts him away in the end. It would've been a better showing for Zuko, plus we are lacking firebender on airbender battles in LoK  Huh

The Original Airbenders-Kai vs Meelo: Kai challenges Meelo to a fight once Tenzin leaves his son in charge, seeing his teaching methods as too harsh Kai tries to rebel which results in Meelo humiliating the little brat in front of his girlfriend  Smiley

Sig by guitarfreak
Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Jun 04, 2016 08:14 pm »

I would have liked to see a "fight" between Tenzin and Jinora, or Tenzin and Aang in a flashback. Not as an actual fight, but rather a learned fighting sequence. The battle between Zaheer and Tenzin was the closest thing we got and it was awesome as heck, so I'm not complaining.

My keeps: Korra & Tenzin's relationship, Tenzin's air wheel, Tenzin's locket of Guru Laghima, Tenzin's lecture on Monk Tang Xu's historic fast
Kairok
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #19 on: Jun 04, 2016 11:59 pm »

Friendly sparring:
Toph and Bolin
Toph and Lin
Jinora and Kai
Iroh Jr. and Korra

Life and death battles:
Sokka, Tenzin, Lin, Zuko against the Red Lotus (I want this SO bad!)
Tonraq and "good" Unlalaq against Red Lotus sect (this would be after Zaheer and gang were put behind bars. Unalaq would be trying to cover his tracks)
shorewall
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yeah, baby!

« Reply #20 on: Jun 05, 2016 11:28 am »

The Original Airbenders-Kai vs Meelo: Kai challenges Meelo to a fight once Tenzin leaves his son in charge, seeing his teaching methods as too harsh Kai tries to rebel which results in Meelo humiliating the little brat in front of his girlfriend  Smiley

Holy crap!  I never knew I wanted this so bad until now!  Cheesy 

ByStorm
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Look with favor upon a bold beginning.

« Reply #21 on: Jun 06, 2016 03:38 am »

Book One:

-More Pro-bending sequences and tie it into the gangs as well.
-Amon vs. Lieutenant vs. Mako vs. Korra. A much longer protracted sequence where they all struggle to take Amon down. None of this Mako being an uber strong man crap. He takes it as harshly as anyone else.
-Tarrlok fights Amon.
-Nonbending people with attitude fight against the forces of the Equalist chiblockers in similar uniforms that are different colors. Asami is their leader. Every time I see those chiblockers I think of the Putty Patrollers in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers or the Foot clan. I'd like a homage/parody of that concept.
-Gang wars, and gangs vs. Mako and Bolin. Have more of their mentor in the season would be nice.

Book Two:

-Tarrlok vs. Unalaq. I know he died, but c'mon. The worst part of Book Two is they killed off the cool characters and concepts before then.
-Probending matches in the North and South. Desna is of one, but because they're royals, they get to cheat and both siblings and teammates get to win. I wanted Book Two to show Desna and Eska's unhealthy lack of identity and their eventual individualism shining through in at least one of them. Other than that, this was a great concept that needed to be carried throughout the whole series.
-Iroh vs. Desna/Eska. And more Fire Nation involvement.
-Re-emergence of reformed Lieutenant as Korra's bodyguard and mentor in hand to hand combat. Clashes between him and Tenzin. Tenzin underestimates him, but he proves to take Tenzin down through wit and other methods.
-Lieutenant and Tenzin vs. Unalaq.
-Equalists show up trying to kill Unalaq, leaving behind evidence of the Red Lotus.

Book 3.

-Red Lotus and Equalists vs. Korra.
-Zaheer vs Kuvira.
-Zuko vs. Zaheer.
-Desna and Eska vs. Ghazan and P'li.
-Bolin vs. Eska.
-Red Lotus vs. Equalists when relationship falls out.

"For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted God, adorned themselves, being in subjection to their owl husbands." - The Owl Bible , 1 Strigidae Bubo 3:5. Taken from a typo in 1 Peter 3:5.
Hand of Vaatu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: Sep 10, 2016 03:44 am »

I really think there should have been an Iroh vs Ozai fight. The fact that they never so much as interacted seems like a missed opportunity. When Aang goes missing (being taught energy bending by the lion turtle) Iroh should have stepped up and decided that he had to fight Ozai. Taking a concept from the Zuko/Azula fight, Ozai and Iroh should have had an epic fight at the end of the series that seemed to be a stalemate. Zuko arrives after he and Katara dealt with Azula and Ozai should have shot lightning at Zuko which causes Iroh to jump in front of it and absorb it which would kill him. At which point Aang would appear and fight Ozai.

I didn't like how neat and tidy the ending was where literally none of the good guys died.
« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2016 03:47 am by Hand of Vaatu » Logged
ByStorm
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Look with favor upon a bold beginning.

« Reply #23 on: Sep 10, 2016 04:21 am »

I really think there should have been an Iroh vs Ozai fight. The fact that they never so much as interacted seems like a missed opportunity. When Aang goes missing (being taught energy bending by the lion turtle) Iroh should have stepped up and decided that he had to fight Ozai. Taking a concept from the Zuko/Azula fight, Ozai and Iroh should have had an epic fight at the end of the series that seemed to be a stalemate. Zuko arrives after he and Katara dealt with Azula and Ozai should have shot lightning at Zuko which causes Iroh to jump in front of it and absorb it which would kill him. At which point Aang would appear and fight Ozai.

I didn't like how neat and tidy the ending was where literally none of the good guys died.

This ending is in the same bittersweet vein as the ending of the Hunger Games trilogy. How about I one up that? Why not have Aang and Iroh both die?  Azula is dead, and Ozai was executed by Zuko himself during the fight after Aang gives the second to last final blow.

Katara discovers a week after that somehow she had gotten pregnant off camera, while Zuko becomes a Fire Lord that is left to pick up the pieces of his shattered psyche as the man who he loved died, and the friend that he trained to fight his father died as well. Mai can no longer take Zuko, which leaves her and Zuko together. They don't really like it at first, but she gives birth.No one dares question Zuko, but Katara's calming hand keeps him from boiling over.

The child is an airbender, and he's raised as Zuko's son. The second is a pair of twins, one a firebender and the other a waterbender, or one of them is nonbender. The airbender is named Tenzin in tradition of his father's lineage, while the others are named Iroh and Kya. Tenzin then establishes the Air Nation, with his father's blessing and freely gives the throne to his younger sister Kya, who has her parents' fiery passion and wit.

The United Republic is established in a different more brutal manner in between both shows, and is already its own republic with the help of the Fire Nation, with Tenzin as it's leading soldier who is a sort of figurehead as he fights against Kuei's insurgency and establishes the rights of the colonists as their own nation. In memory of his father, Tenzin has two statues erected of Zuko and of Aang which overlook each other at opposite ends of the bay. He then retires to Air Temple Island. Aang's legacy is one of him saving the world at the sacrifice of himself, while in some place far in the Southern Water Tribe, a little girl is born with the Avatar spirit.

I know the pregnancy thing looks unacceptable, but then again, I'd probably do a time skip a few years later so it's not all creepy as heck and that's why things are more drastic. Or that Roku's prediction was off by a year or two because he's been shown to be wrong, like in the comics where he called Aang to murder his great-grandson that helped fight Ozai in the war. But disregarding those, I still think he could just be wrong by a small chance.

"For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted God, adorned themselves, being in subjection to their owl husbands." - The Owl Bible , 1 Strigidae Bubo 3:5. Taken from a typo in 1 Peter 3:5.
Clowngoon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: Sep 10, 2016 08:48 am »

This ending is in the same bittersweet vein as the ending of the Hunger Games trilogy. How about I one up that? Why not have Aang and Iroh both die?  Azula is dead, and Ozai was executed by Zuko himself during the fight after Aang gives the second to last final blow.

Katara discovers a week after that somehow she had gotten pregnant off camera, while Zuko becomes a Fire Lord that is left to pick up the pieces of his shattered psyche as the man who he loved died, and the friend that he trained to fight his father died as well. Mai can no longer take Zuko, which leaves her and Zuko together. They don't really like it at first, but she gives birth.No one dares question Zuko, but Katara's calming hand keeps him from boiling over.

The child is an airbender, and he's raised as Zuko's son. The second is a pair of twins, one a firebender and the other a waterbender, or one of them is nonbender. The airbender is named Tenzin in tradition of his father's lineage, while the others are named Iroh and Kya. Tenzin then establishes the Air Nation, with his father's blessing and freely gives the throne to his younger sister Kya, who has her parents' fiery passion and wit.

The United Republic is established in a different more brutal manner in between both shows, and is already its own republic with the help of the Fire Nation, with Tenzin as it's leading soldier who is a sort of figurehead as he fights against Kuei's insurgency and establishes the rights of the colonists as their own nation. In memory of his father, Tenzin has two statues erected of Zuko and of Aang which overlook each other at opposite ends of the bay. He then retires to Air Temple Island. Aang's legacy is one of him saving the world at the sacrifice of himself, while in some place far in the Southern Water Tribe, a little girl is born with the Avatar spirit.

I know the pregnancy thing looks unacceptable, but then again, I'd probably do a time skip a few years later so it's not all creepy as heck and that's why things are more drastic. Or that Roku's prediction was off by a year or two because he's been shown to be wrong, like in the comics where he called Aang to murder his great-grandson that helped fight Ozai in the war. But disregarding those, I still think he could just be wrong by a small chance.

Maybe if the show had taken place over the span of years rather than a little under a year would have made things a bit better.

I too wish we got to see Iroh vs Ozai let alone those two actually interacting.

"Some friendships can transcend through lifetimes."

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character."
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: