Nov 24, 2017 01:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Legend of Korra- Poster Collection arriving in October  (Read 3400 times)
Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Feb 04, 2016 01:20 am »

According to Amazon, the LOK Poster Collection will be out on October 11. It has the same number of pages as the ATLA one. (Source)

Ikkin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2016 06:53 am »

I want it, but I'm also pretty sure they're going to throw in at least one poster related to a certain ship.  -_-  I suppose it's less of an issue in a poster book, though, since things are meant to be torn out of that.  =P

Korra Ramblings on Tumblr

Child of the Elements - A look at Korra's childhood with the Order of the White Lotus. (Complete)
Clowngoon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2016 06:40 pm »

There better be some Fire Nation designs...

"Some friendships can transcend through lifetimes."

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character."
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2016 08:30 pm »

Ooo, very pretty. I would want the poster of Korra and Naga which was available at one of the earlier cons before Korra was officially released on TV.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2016 02:11 am »

Ooo, very pretty. I would want the poster of Korra and Naga which was available at one of the earlier cons before Korra was officially released on TV.

This one? Yeah, I hope so too, I really like that one.

I'm also hoping we get the Book 1 poster with Korra, Mako, Bolin, and the Equalists, the Book 3 art of Korra by the Air Temple, and the Book 3 poster showing Korra with the new characters for that season. I also wouldn't mind one of the post-finale Aang/ Korra pair pictures, if they'd include that kind of thing.

The ATLA collection included some background art too. I'm guessing (hoping) we'll get at least one picture of Republic City at night, if that is the case.

I want it, but I'm also pretty sure they're going to throw in at least one poster related to a certain ship.  -_-  I suppose it's less of an issue in a poster book, though, since things are meant to be torn out of that.  =P

Actually, I'm curious about whether they'd use the Date Night poster. Because it was originally produced and advertised as a limited edition "exclusive" print, it might seem kinda iffy to be mass-producing it a year later. (Before the gallery show they announced that there would only be 100 available) Though, technically the Comic Con posters were "exclusive" too (probably with a bigger print run though), and it looks like at least one made it into this book.

Outside of that poster, I'm not sure what they'd use. Bryan showed a WIP for something a while ago, so it's possible he could have drawn a new poster for the book. (Though, it's also possible that picture is for the comic, or for an event or something). I know one of the crew members drew some Korrasami prints, but as those are being sold at Gallery Nucleus, I'm not sure they'd be included.

Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2016 02:51 am »

This one? Yeah, I hope so too, I really like that one.
Yep, this one.

If I'm not wrong, they included the poster of Aang with multiple sky bison after the finale in the ATLA poster collection. That poster was originally a limited edition print at comic con too so I'm holding out for the Korra and Naga one.

I have to check my ATLA poster book again when I get home and also see how often character-focused posters are inside the book. That could be a rough estimate on how much scenery and/or character posters we can expect in the Korra poster book yeah?

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Feb 05, 2016 03:32 am »

Amazon shows the back cover showing all the posters from the ATLA one. Here's a rundown:

-There's 11 scenery posters
-There's 2 in-universe posters/ paintings (Appa's wanted poster, and a Fire Lord portrait)
- 4 DVD covers- Aang, Katara, and Zuko individually, plus Aang and Ozai
- 2 promotional pieces for the show- Aang above some soldiers, and Aang, Katara, and Sokka on the wall. (I'd have to check the art book to find the original contexts for these)
- 1 comic con print.

I'm surprised by how much background art was included. Personally I'd have dropped a couple in exchange for some of the DVD covers or something.

The Appa poster makes me think we'll probably get a similar thing from LOK. An Equalist rally poster? There's also the Nuktuk poster, but that might be kind of an odd one. There's some wanted posters in LOK,  and photographs and the like. I expect we'll get at least one in-universe poster.

Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2016 04:46 am »

I won't be surprised if the Red Lotus cave would be in it too. As horrible as that place was, it was still eerily beautiful.

- 2 promotional pieces for the show- Aang above some soldiers, and Aang, Katara, and Sokka on the wall. (I'd have to check the art book to find the original
Aang above some soldiers was made by Bryan not long after the pilot was done. It's in the artbook.

If I'm not wrong, the Gaang on the Ba Sing Se wall was a promo pic for the Secret of the Fire Nation special aka The Serpent's Pass and The Drill episodes.

Ikkin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: Feb 05, 2016 07:18 am »

Actually, I'm curious about whether they'd use the Date Night poster. Because it was originally produced and advertised as a limited edition "exclusive" print, it might seem kinda iffy to be mass-producing it a year later. (Before the gallery show they announced that there would only be 100 available) Though, technically the Comic Con posters were "exclusive" too (probably with a bigger print run though), and it looks like at least one made it into this book.

Outside of that poster, I'm not sure what they'd use. Bryan showed a WIP for something a while ago, so it's possible he could have drawn a new poster for the book. (Though, it's also possible that picture is for the comic, or for an event or something). I know one of the crew members drew some Korrasami prints, but as those are being sold at Gallery Nucleus, I'm not sure they'd be included.

Hmm, that's a good point.  The quality difference between the poster and the print could be enough to excuse it, but looking at the breakdown of the A:tLA book, it's seeming less likely that they'd go that way.

What was the WIP?  I stopped following Bryan a while back and I can't remember what he's done since showing off the box set cover (which we desperately need -- that thing is gorgeous!).

Amazon shows the back cover showing all the posters from the ATLA one. Here's a rundown:

-There's 11 scenery posters
-There's 2 in-universe posters/ paintings (Appa's wanted poster, and a Fire Lord portrait)
- 4 DVD covers- Aang, Katara, and Zuko individually, plus Aang and Ozai
- 2 promotional pieces for the show- Aang above some soldiers, and Aang, Katara, and Sokka on the wall. (I'd have to check the art book to find the original contexts for these)
- 1 comic con print.

I'm surprised by how much background art was included. Personally I'd have dropped a couple in exchange for some of the DVD covers or something.

The Appa poster makes me think we'll probably get a similar thing from LOK. An Equalist rally poster? There's also the Nuktuk poster, but that might be kind of an odd one. There's some wanted posters in LOK,  and photographs and the like. I expect we'll get at least one in-universe poster.

For in-universe posters, I don't think it'd be strange at all for them to include the Nuktuk one  (they could even give us the version from Night of a Thousand Stars that he signed!).  As for other ones... I think the poster for the Equalist Revelation rally would be great:

(It'd be weird to do wanted posters given that the whole team had them and there definitely aren't going to be four of them.)

For not-in-universe ones, I think it'd be really nice to get an ink painting style poster of this:

I hope they do art book covers instead of DVD covers, because none of the Korra covers are suitable for making into posters the way the A:tLA ones were (well, apart from that international box set cover).

That would give us 12 open positions, most of which could be filled with Comic Con posters if they didn't intentionally withhold most of it.  Getting 11 scenery posters would be really disappointing (and thankfully rather unlikely -- I suspect that the reason why we got what we did for A:tLA had more to do with what they had available than them intentionally choosing to push scenery art over existing posters).

Korra Ramblings on Tumblr

Child of the Elements - A look at Korra's childhood with the Order of the White Lotus. (Complete)
Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9 on: Feb 05, 2016 01:32 pm »

I won't be surprised if the Red Lotus cave would be in it too. As horrible as that place was, it was still eerily beautiful.

- 2 promotional pieces for the show- Aang above some soldiers, and Aang, Katara, and Sokka on the wall. (I'd have to check the art book to find the original
Aang above some soldiers was made by Bryan not long after the pilot was done. It's in the artbook.

If I'm not wrong, the Gaang on the Ba Sing Se wall was a promo pic for the Secret of the Fire Nation special aka The Serpent's Pass and The Drill episodes.

Ah, thanks!

What was the WIP?  I stopped following Bryan a while back and I can't remember what he's done since showing off the box set cover (which we desperately need -- that thing is gorgeous!).

It was that Korra/ Asami sketch he posted a while ago. He captioned it with "Here is a sneak peek of a thing I drew for a thing", so I'm assuming it wasn't the whole finished picture. But it's also possible he drew it for an event, for the new comics, or for charity or something.

For in-universe posters, I don't think it'd be strange at all for them to include the Nuktuk one  (they could even give us the version from Night of a Thousand Stars that he signed!).  As for other ones... I think the poster for the Equalist Revelation rally would be great:

(It'd be weird to do wanted posters given that the whole team had them and there definitely aren't going to be four of them.)

Yeah, I think wanted posters are less likely. I think an Amon poster is a definite possiblity. We also saw a pretty nice Fire Ferrets poster in Mako's apartment- that seems like a possibility too.

I hope they do art book covers instead of DVD covers, because none of the Korra covers are suitable for making into posters the way the A:tLA ones were (well, apart from that international box set cover).

That would give us 12 open positions, most of which could be filled with Comic Con posters if they didn't intentionally withhold most of it.  Getting 11 scenery posters would be really disappointing (and thankfully rather unlikely -- I suspect that the reason why we got what we did for A:tLA had more to do with what they had available than them intentionally choosing to push scenery art over existing posters).

Yeah, I don't think we'll get DVD covers (with the exception of the Book 3 artwork that appears on the artbook too).

Here's all the posters/ promo art I can think of. I'll include the DVD covers just in case:

Book 1:

Korra in front of Republic City

Korra and Naga
Comic Con poster (Korra, Mako, Bolin, and the Equalists)
Korra fighting
Finale poster
DVD cover
Artbook cover

Book 2:
Korra, Tonraq, and Unalaq
Entertainment Weekly poster
DVD cover
Artbook cover
Korra and Wan

Book 3:
Korra, Kai, Opal, and the Red Lotus
Korra with her airbending staff (artbook and DVD cover)

Book  4:
Korra
Korra and Kuvira
DVD cover (overlaps with previous picture)
Second DVD cover
Artbook cover

Other:
Old Friends
New Friends
Video game poster
Turtle Duck Date Night
Korra and Aang
Korra and Aang looking towards spirit portal

...That's all the ones I can think of right now.

Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #10 on: Sep 24, 2016 06:48 pm »

The back cover of the book has been released, showing the posters:

I'm kinda disappointed they dipped into Bryan's tumblr/ for fun art for some of these, rather than using some more of the posters designed for the series. There's some really good pieces in here, but I don't like enough of them to want the book (I had similar issues with the ATLA one).

I can't help but question some of their choices- why the Meelo painting but no Equalist poster? Is the statue of Toph there purely because Toph didn't get a poster the first time around? Why does Asami get to appear in three posters (including a solo one) when characters like Tenzin, Mako, Bolin, Zuko, Toph and Sokka all got one poster or less (taking the first book into account)?

ahintoflime
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: Sep 25, 2016 11:42 pm »

8 scenery posters it seems.

The fact that they chose the Meelo picture reminds me that they used time, money, and energy on that gag rather than on something else.
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #12 on: Sep 26, 2016 04:27 am »

I'm so glad this poster was included along with the Spirit Forest walk one.

I was expecting more scenery posters, to be honest.

Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #13 on: Nov 09, 2016 07:18 am »

I got the book today and I am a little disappointed that the images of Korra with Naga and the Spirit Forest don't fill up the entire page when compared to the ones of Korra with Wan, Meelo, scenery pics, etc.

Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: Nov 09, 2016 09:34 am »

I got the book today and I am a little disappointed that the images of Korra with Naga and the Spirit Forest don't fill up the entire page when compared to the ones of Korra with Wan, Meelo, scenery pics, etc.

Do they have a border or something then? (I haven't seen the inside of the book.) Looking at the back cover, I was wondering how they'd deal with the different poster sizes.

Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #15 on: Nov 11, 2016 08:46 am »

This is what I meant.

The comic con prints:

Other scenery/prop stuff:

Each page in the poster book is the same size but the size of the for each poster varies. As you can see, the comic con posters are smaller and the big white border surrounding them annoys me a bit.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: