Are we actually comparing LOK to the Star Wars prequels?
1. Turning spiritual enlightenment into crying for wish fulfillment (Korra) and biology (Jinora) instead of spiritual enlightenment.
2. Not properly showing anyone's friendship (they practically hate each other with the exception of Bolin and Varrick the latter who loves this random kid more than his own people/tribe and representing Avatar - I got Mass Effect 3 vibes with how that "kid" who the main character can't get out of his head from the third game appears. It's like Varrick is drawn to the black hole of writing.)
3. Making Darth Aang a distant, Katara-isolating Lincoln-beard wearing vegan (they got turned into vegans from vegetarians) who neglects his children.
4. Sucking all the mystery out of spirits and choosing a terrible child savior to save the world twice.
5. Korra and Unalaq... with an EVANGELION? That goes against literally everything we knew about Korra, and Unalaq specifically talks about spirituality. Korra's not even spiritual and Unalaq has it because he got his dark evil tapeworm inside him! This also goes for the idea of the White Lotus and Republic military. Seriously? All the White Lotus conveniently in one place, that is being far away from wars and away from saving people? I thought it was supposed to be like some kind of rare philosophy.
6. Diminishing the value of the 100 Year War, spirituality, and so many other things by making an elaborate 46 minute backstory that is completely unnecessary.
Number 7 remains to be seen. She's still has a lot to learn, but I believe the Korra comics can save...something.
Star Wars has many many spinoffs and books and games and things to build on and sell stuff to show its self off. Avatar has AtLA, the Shyllamadrama movie, and LoK.