Apr 27, 2017 09:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Comic Book Day 2016 (May 7th 2016)  (Read 4760 times)
Uzuko
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2016 10:31 am »

Children sleeping with there parents doesn’t surprise me. Korra sleeping with her parents does because it emphasizes the family bonds and community of the Water Tribe that was shown in Avatar the Last Airbender, but wasn’t really shown in Legend of Korra.

That it also makes Tonraq and Senna seem like bad parents because their child was able to easily slip out of the room she shared with her parents.
ahintoflime
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2016 11:29 am »

I found it a strange design choice that Bryan and the artist decided to have Korra share a room with her parents.
Water Tribe is cold. More bodies means more heat like what Korra did when she was huddling up with Naga. Also her parents weren't that well off given what we see initially. And since Korra returns to the same looking home before she leaves for the URN in Book 1, the White Lotus never gave them funds for bringing in Kung Fu Jesus into the world.
Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2016 11:54 am »

It's possible that they'd have expanded their home if Korra stayed with them, but because she got moved to the compound when she was still young, there was no real point.

Speaking of the cold, I thought it was a bit strange to see Korra outside without a parka or gloves. 

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2016 08:38 pm »

I have to say, the comic peaked with Korra howling to the distant wolves.

AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2016 11:09 am »

The symbolism didn't evade me either  Wink.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
ahintoflime
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2016 12:12 pm »

The symbolism didn't evade me either  Wink.

I'm gonna have to look at the back of the book or get the Sparknotes because aside from the series being thrown to the wolves/dogs I'm not getting the reference. Sorry Captain.

It's possible that they'd have expanded their home if Korra stayed with them, but because she got moved to the compound when she was still young, there was no real point.

Speaking of the cold, I thought it was a bit strange to see Korra outside without a parka or gloves.  

I would like to think she just wears the heavy stuff plus blue and fur to remind us she's native Water Tribe since she doesn't do that whole "family" or "waterbending" thing.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016 12:14 pm by ahintoflime » Logged
Uzuko
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2016 12:24 pm »

I think it is a Fire Bending or Avatar thing actually. Aang was able to live in the North Pole, temporarily, in his normal attire. Zuko was able to swim in the waters of the North Pole then dry off quite quickly in the open air. The Fire Nation soldiers weren’t excessively covered when they invaded the North Pole. I’m pretty sure that Bolin was covered more than Mako when they visited the South Pole. I just think that Fire Benders run hotter and maintain heat better than everyone else.
Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2016 01:31 pm »

I think it is a Fire Bending or Avatar thing actually. Aang was able to live in the North Pole, temporarily, in his normal attire. Zuko was able to swim in the waters of the North Pole then dry off quite quickly in the open air. The Fire Nation soldiers weren’t excessively covered when they invaded the North Pole. I’m pretty sure that Bolin was covered more than Mako when they visited the South Pole. I just think that Fire Benders run hotter and maintain heat better than everyone else.

That's a good point. Also, in The Blue Spirit, Aang was the only one of the Gaang to not get sick. Maybe Avatars have a stronger resistance to stuff that'd affect a normal person.

Niko
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Bolin time!

« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2016 02:36 pm »

That's a good point. Also, in The Blue Spirit, Aang was the only one of the Gaang to not get sick. Maybe Avatars have a stronger resistance to stuff that'd affect a normal person.
Yep! They're probably immune to most viruses, diseases, or poisons too. Took a long time for mercury to even affect Korra before the Avatar State triggered.

Sig by guitarfreak
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2016 02:11 am »

It is actually an Air Nomad thing. There is some canon about how Air Nomads are tougher because they grow up atop mountains.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
ahintoflime
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2016 10:49 am »

It is actually an Air Nomad thing. There is some canon about how Air Nomads are tougher because they grow up atop mountains.
Are you going off of what Tenzin says while he's talking about airbending in Book 3?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: