Dec 15, 2017 04:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Collectible Figures by ZWYER INDUSTRIES  (Read 15837 times)
BoomerAang Squad
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #50 on: Feb 13, 2016 04:56 pm »

More photos, revealing two new (smaller) statues.

Ikkin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #51 on: Feb 13, 2016 05:38 pm »

I love how much attitude there is in Zwyer's merchandise.  Korra's statue has all of her confidence and drive from Book 1:

Her chibi fig captures the feeling behind that iconic scene perfectly:

And the Aang-and-Momo one is just plain adorable:

I'd get all of them if they weren't so expensive... but as it is, I've gotta have the Korras at least.  XD;  Hopefully they'll put up preorders soon.

EDIT: Looks like the pre-orders are up for the big statue, at least.  They're supposed to ship in July, and there's a code for free shipping for pre-orders.

There are also a couple of very nice glamour shots of the figure itself:

Interestingly enough, the design for the figure was apparently done by Ryu Ki Hyun himself.
« Last Edit: Feb 16, 2016 11:20 pm by Ikkin » Logged

Korra Ramblings on Tumblr

Child of the Elements - A look at Korra's childhood with the Order of the White Lotus. (Complete)
BoomerAang Squad
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #52 on: Mar 31, 2016 12:38 pm »

Zywer added the pre-orders for the Chibi statues to their site.

http://zwyerind.com/figure_chibi_aang.html

http://zwyerind.com/figure_chibi_korra.html

August is the estimated arrival date.
« Last Edit: Apr 02, 2016 01:22 am by BoomerAang Squad » Logged
Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #53 on: Jul 01, 2016 10:48 am »

The big Korra figures have just started shipping:

There's also some new pictures of the chibis, showing them from different angles. They're expected to be released in August:

It's interesting how much merchandising we're getting years after both shows ended.

Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #54 on: Jul 17, 2017 06:00 pm »

So that Mondo Korrasami statue isn't dead. They showed the concept to Bryan, and he made a new design. Pre-orders will start soon, and it'll probably be on display at SDCC. Here's the pictures Bryan posted:

He said the photo is the first pass, so there may be some tweaks to the final version.

Magus1108
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Resident Long Feng Fanboy!

« Reply #55 on: Jul 18, 2017 02:00 am »

That's neat. As long as it's not like 500 dollars or something, I'll probably preorder it. Considering how sparse ATLA/TLOK figurine merchandise is, I'd happily buy something like that.

I am ze Keeper of:

Joo Dee\'s, \"There is no War in Ba Sing Se\" phrase, Long Feng\'s incredibly cool and evil voice, His awesome hair style, and his devious personality.
Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #56 on: Jul 18, 2017 12:09 pm »

I'm glad we at least got some solo Korra figures before this joint one. I also like that they've given her a bit of muscle detail in her arm.

It'd be nice if Mondo did more of these multi-character 'scene' ones. For example, Aang learning to bend alongside one of his friends (Katara/ Toph/ Zuko depending on the element). (Speaking of which, have we had any official Katara toys/ statues yet?)

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #57 on: Jul 18, 2017 06:06 pm »

There was a Chibi-Katara Bobblehead produced in a very limited run and given out only (I think) in a few Nickelodeon prize packs.

AtLA merchandise is a rather depressing state of affairs.

EDIT: Speaking of, it's been a year since Zwyer Industries did anything. The Yahoo store seems broken. Are these guys still in business?
« Last Edit: Jul 18, 2017 06:09 pm by Loopy » Logged

Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #58 on: Jul 18, 2017 06:51 pm »

I'm glad Katara at least got something, even if it still stings that she never got an action figure.

I think Zwyer Industries is still going? Their website is still up, even if the store seems broken, and they've made Facebook posts since the chibi statues came out. In December they posted photos of a sepia-tone version of chibi Aang, and in March they posted the concept art for the chibis. I don't know how well their stuff sold though.

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #59 on: Jul 18, 2017 07:11 pm »

Well, that's good. I want them to make good on all those silhouettes they teased two years ago.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: