Mar 26, 2017 09:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Collectible Figures by ZWYER INDUSTRIES  (Read 13801 times)
BoomerAang Squad
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #25 on: Oct 05, 2015 05:39 pm »

ZWYER posted a teaser of their next figure.
Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #26 on: Oct 05, 2015 06:03 pm »

Korra! Looks cool so far. It also looks like she's holding her glider? It's another "one foot on a rock" pose, like the Dark Horse figure, though this one has her waterbending too, I think.

Freedom153
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

That Could Have Been Executed Better

« Reply #27 on: Oct 05, 2015 06:06 pm »

After seeing Korra get hit with so many rocks over the series, it's good to see her on the other side of the equation. Cheesy

Question - what kind of materials are these generally? Hard plastic, soft plastic, metal - what? Maybe interested in a Korra+Raava chest combo one of they make any.

See the bitter remnants, milling around the corpse of a dead god.
Bled dry man, transfusion shy, blood critic
It is what it is, and it will never be what it wasn’t.
Book 5:Humanity, aka: Freedom's First Writing
Selofain
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am a worm on a cloud.

« Reply #28 on: Oct 06, 2015 12:58 am »

They're PVC, so hard plastic. Though I think the SDCC edition of Bei Fong had a metal name plate too.

But Korra! Korra and waterbending! I can't wait to see the final figurine.

Keeper of Old Ba Sing Se and Piandao's sword mastery
KatrinaKadabra
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #29 on: Oct 07, 2015 03:11 am »

Makes sense they would do Korra next. I am excited to see the full figure as well. Still holding off purchasing until the Zuko one gets revealed, though. ^_^

Freedom153
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #30 on: Oct 09, 2015 02:41 pm »

Oh dear lord.

"Korrasami Statue Concept Art" that I just spotted on Know Your Meme picture gallery:

!!!!!!!!!!!

Even if I am probably reading way too much into a piece of concept art, extrapolating it out and onward onto what Korrasami anything post finale will be like... If this is what their spirit world vacations was written as, or as having been off-page, this does not bode well for the comics.

I certainly hope they change Asami's expression, how she's holding her hand on her chest oh so delicately and amaaazed. Whatever they were going for, it doesn't read "amazed tourist" so much as "awestruck damsel".  Undecided The recurring friendly bean spirit, "Light Spirit", tugging on a Pai Sho board, I can dig it, but that Asami pose is just... well, sort of corny. Especially coupled with Korra's rather generic "Look at that awesome thing!" pose, putting her STRONG HAND on Asami's shoulder. -_-

Edit: More here as well as source. https://instagram.com/p/8azB8UFxht/

Looks like I'm not the only one with mixed reactions:
Quote from: chirpy_zai
Korra looks swashbuckling! When has Asami ever looked swoon-y though...

Edit 2: This apparently is not to be made by ZWYER, but by another company called Mondo - does this post still belong here? It's merch, and a figure... even if I hope it will be a lot different in the final version.

Edit 3:
http://www.austinchronicle.com/daily/screens/2015-10-05/mondocon-gets-revealing/
The biggest news may be the long-hoped-for arrival of one of the biggest animated TV shows of the last decade at Mondo. Otterbacher revealed a design concept for a statue for The Legend of Korra. Final approval is still pending on this, but Otterbacher was confident that fans of the show's final emotional reveal will be very happy with what he has lined up.
So not only is it a concept, Nick may or may not be involved at this point at all, reading "final approval" as "hey look at this thing I came up with do you like it". Good.
« Last Edit: Oct 09, 2015 03:09 pm by Freedom153 » Logged

Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #31 on: Oct 09, 2015 03:44 pm »

Yeah, the posing is a bit corny. Especially Asami's little hand-on-chest gesture. Korra's posing implies she knows her way around the Spirit World a lot better than she probably does, but you could always assume she's pointing at something from a past adventure. The little spirit with the Pai Sho board is cute though.

Ikkin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #32 on: Oct 09, 2015 04:05 pm »

Wow, I can't imagine a less appealing bit of merchandise. o_0

At least it's not the full design for the Zwyer Korra figure like I assumed when I saw it in this thread though. XD; I really want that one, and not getting it would have felt like a slap in the face. >_>;

Korra Ramblings on Tumblr

Child of the Elements - A look at Korra's childhood with the Order of the White Lotus. (Complete)
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #33 on: Oct 09, 2015 04:59 pm »

The fact that that is even a thing is something that I find funny.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #34 on: Oct 12, 2015 06:14 pm »

Nice water effect on the ZWYER one.

And the Korrasami one sure is Korrasami-y.

Kairok
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #35 on: Nov 04, 2015 01:29 am »

Oh great, more publicity for the shoehorn ship...
Freedom153
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #36 on: Nov 04, 2015 10:48 am »

Do you know something I don't? Huh

What, did they confirm the statue?

Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #37 on: Nov 04, 2015 08:26 pm »

I believe the shipping statue wasn't from Zwyer but another company.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #38 on: Nov 04, 2015 09:17 pm »

Yeah, there's three companies so far that have stepped forwards to make Legend of Korra figures/ statues.

Dark Horse has a deal to produce LOK/ ATLA merchandise (because they also publish the comics and artbooks). They've only released/ announced a few statues so far though.

Zwyer Industries also has a license to produce figures for both shows. They're also friends with the creators, and apparently have access to concept art/ model sheets and stuff.

Mondo have only announced the Korrasami figure, which Nick doesn't seem to be involved with so far. Also, the creators/ official Nick pages haven't acknowledged it (as far as I know) so it's not even clear yet whether it's an "approved" piece of merchandise yet. They've made some TMNT toys though, so they might have some kind of deal with Nick?

Ikkin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #39 on: Nov 25, 2015 10:29 pm »

There's a new teaser for the Zwyer Korra figure out now:

It looks fantastic.  Love that attitude!

Child of the Elements - A look at Korra's childhood with the Order of the White Lotus. (Complete)
Freedom153
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #40 on: Nov 25, 2015 11:08 pm »

I like it too. Much better than the one I posted from Mondo. Maybe it means she'll go back to the old wardrobe in the comics? /hope...

Anyways, using GIMP, I ran the image through a few filters (sharpen, up the contrast, up the light level), and while you still can't see her face, you can see a lot more of Korra.

You can generally see more detail, but the biggest difference is being able to see her silhouette fully(her hip region in general, and others), as well as her clothing's form.

Ikkin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #41 on: Nov 25, 2015 11:38 pm »

I like it too. Much better than the one I posted from Mondo. Maybe it means she'll go back to the old wardrobe in the comics? /hope...

I don't think the statue really implies anything about the comics.  If anything, it could imply that certain people on the staff (say, Melchior Zwyer Wink ) preferred Korra's old design, but Bryke are the only ones making those sorts of decisions for the comics and they seem to have told their artist to keep the Book 4 outfit for the concept art, at least.

Thanks for the filtering, though -- it really brings out the details in Korra's boots.  ^_^

Selofain
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am a worm on a cloud.

« Reply #42 on: Nov 26, 2015 05:13 am »

Very much like Wan's statue. I approve. Smiley

Did anyone here buy Chief Bei Fong?

Keeper of Old Ba Sing Se and Piandao's sword mastery
ahintoflime
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #43 on: Nov 27, 2015 11:40 am »

Her neck seems longer than usual? Pose is looking good but I'll need to see her face first.

I would hope that without having to animate everything that they could try for some variety in the comics especially if Asami could just buy people to design Korra a whole line of clothing and battle gear.

Still don't understand how doing this stuff after literally everyone who matters has forgotten about Korra can hope to turn a profit.
« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2015 11:43 am by ahintoflime » Logged
ViridianIV
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #44 on: Dec 29, 2015 09:46 pm »

Still don't understand how doing this stuff after literally everyone who matters has forgotten about Korra can hope to turn a profit.

Avatar fans will always be on the lookout for this sort of stuff cause there's frankly not enough of this sort of stuff in the Avatar marketplace.  Also, Korra's not as forgotten as you might think, still gets plenty of fanart considering, and collectible sculpts have ALWAYS been a bit of a niche market.  Limited supply runs and such.  They'll make the money back without making a fortune as most fandom statues do.

\"That woman is my hero.\"
Baefong
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #45 on: Jan 28, 2016 06:07 am »

Very much like Wan's statue. I approve. Smiley

Did anyone here buy Chief Bei Fong?

I purchased it a few months ago. It's a nice looking piece!
BoomerAang Squad
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #46 on: Feb 08, 2016 05:40 pm »

Clearest look at the Korra figure yet! (Along with Bryan giving her a hand.)

Also, it's debuting at NY Toy Fair.
Ikkin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #47 on: Feb 08, 2016 07:14 pm »

She looks fantastic.  I love how defined her muscles are.  ^_^

I wonder if this means that preorders will be open within a month like they were after SDCC.

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #48 on: Feb 08, 2016 07:39 pm »

I'm surprised it's going to be at Toy Fair. As much press as it gets these days, it's really an event for retailers and licensing partners. Are ZWYER trying to recruit stores to sell it for them?

ahintoflime
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #49 on: Feb 11, 2016 11:48 am »

Hey, someone finally remembered how Korra is supposed to look like. Way too much stuff, well the little trickle of things that are still made, but still - that stuff makes her so average looking. Even official things, this is nice.
« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2016 11:06 pm by ahintoflime » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: