Mar 30, 2017 06:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Collectible Figures by ZWYER INDUSTRIES  (Read 13812 times)
BoomerAang Squad
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Jun 25, 2015 12:58 pm »

IGN has announced a collectible figure of Lin Beifong, to be debuted as SDCC this year. Unlike the Aang Statue, this figure is made by ZWYER INDUSTRIES.

Established in 2013 by two Animation Directors (TMNT, Young Justice, Legend of Korra, Star wars: Rebels), ZWYER INDUSTRIES focuses on creating collectible goods based on animated properties. The two co-founders started out in the toy design/manufacturing industry before jumping into animation field. Being directly involved in the animation industry provided a great opportunity to create quality products as it grants ZWYER INDUSTRIES direct access to the animation crew and assets often unavailable to outside companies.

You can find more info and pictures of Lin on their website, along with other ATLA and LOK characters hinted to be made soon.

UPDATE 07/31/2015 Pre-orders now available. Shipping begins August 12th.
US only:
http://zwyerind.com/figure_beifong.html

International:
http://www.animebooks.com/leofkochlinb.html
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=ZWI10000&mode=retail

Edit: Fixed spelling.
« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2016 05:26 pm by Icy_Ashford » Logged
Michela
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lin is my Hero!

« Reply #1 on: Jun 25, 2015 01:11 pm »

Very nice statue. I love Lin so I am very excited to get my hands on that.

Just, as a figure collector, I still really wish they would have made a figure line. Nice detailed figures like, if you have heard of it? The Star Wars Black Label series figures.

Here's to hoping they release the other characters. I'd really like a Korra and Asami.
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2015 01:12 pm by Michela » Logged

Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Jun 25, 2015 02:18 pm »

This is really cool! Kinda surprised they made Lin before some of the other characters though. Though, as you point out, the website also shows the silhouettes of Katara, Sokka, Aang, Toph, Zuko, Mako, Korra, and Bolin.

Red Hawk
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Jun 25, 2015 04:19 pm »

That statue looks pretty incredible.  I want more statues!  I want Korra and Tenzin most of all.
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #4 on: Jun 25, 2015 07:50 pm »

Wow that looks stunning!

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Selofain
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am a worm on a cloud.

« Reply #5 on: Jun 25, 2015 08:18 pm »

I'm so all over this. I'm expecting it to be really pricey, because anything American property that are nice toys are really pricey (Japan, why you so good at thisssss), but I am definitely picking one up.

Keeper of Old Ba Sing Se and Piandao's sword mastery
Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Jun 25, 2015 09:17 pm »

I posted this on the social media board, but it might as well go here too, in case anybody can't see the Zwyer site:

So ATLA figures seem to be confirmed. Over on Tumblr, people aren't sure if the lack of Asami and Tenzin silhouettes indicates that they won't be included. It's possible the preview image isn't meant to represent all the confirmed figures. (Except for Lin, obviously)

I'm guessing they just grabbed whatever concept art/ promotional art was available, because I'm guessing that a Zuko figure probably wouldn't have his Book 1 hair. I think most fans would probably want one of his later looks, though a Book 1 figure could always follow. (Personally, I'd prefer one of his later designs because most ATLA merch with him on it favoured his Book 1 design)

If they ever get around to making villains, an Amon statue could be cool.

ViridianIV
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Jun 26, 2015 03:16 am »

I posted this on the social media board, but it might as well go here too, in case anybody can't see the Zwyer site:

http://i.imgur.com/egXJc7w.png

So ATLA figures seem to be confirmed. Over on Tumblr, people aren't sure if the lack of Asami and Tenzin silhouettes indicates that they won't be included. It's possible the preview image isn't meant to represent all the confirmed figures. (Except for Lin, obviously)

I'm guessing they just grabbed whatever concept art/ promotional art was available, because I'm guessing that a Zuko figure probably wouldn't have his Book 1 hair. I think most fans would probably want one of his later looks, though a Book 1 figure could always follow. (Personally, I'd prefer one of his later designs because most ATLA merch with him on it favoured his Book 1 design)

If they ever get around to making villains, an Amon statue could be cool.

Additionally, though I can't be 'certain' I'm pretty sure that silhouette of Korra is one of the conceptual art pics where she had some spikier wilder hair before her model was pinned down.  I think this is sorta like a 'were doing avatar figures!' advert more than 'these people are coming'  Who knows!  Maybe they'll make us multiple versions of everyone over time!

Please remove the img tag when quoting images next time. ~ Icy
« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2015 04:00 am by Icy_Ashford » Logged

\"That woman is my hero.\"
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #8 on: Jun 26, 2015 04:01 am »

I find it a little odd that they are making a figure of Lin first instead of the protagonist who is in the name of the show...

*shrug*

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9 on: Jun 26, 2015 08:36 am »

Additionally, though I can't be 'certain' I'm pretty sure that silhouette of Korra is one of the conceptual art pics where she had some spikier wilder hair before her model was pinned down. 

I thought so too, but I can't find any art of Korra where she's in this pose- she always either has her arms crossed/ bent, or her hair isn't reaching her shoulder like that. So they might have used an unreleased concept/ character model for this.

I find it a little odd that they are making a figure of Lin first instead of the protagonist who is in the name of the show...

*shrug*

Yeah, especially for the first figure. You'd think the best way to test the waters for these kinds of collectibles would be to start with the main characters.

plastroncafe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

plastronc
« Reply #10 on: Jun 26, 2015 09:29 am »

Could be that they haven't decided which seasons' Korra they want to make. Lin is one of the few characters on that show whose design changed very little during the run. Everyone got new outfits each season. Plus, I'm pretty sure Lynn was a personal favorite of Bryan's.

I know I'd have a hard time choosing which model of Korra I prefer. I think I want book four...

<=======================================

Get out of the Bison's mouth, Sokka.

=======================================>
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #11 on: Jun 26, 2015 09:38 am »

Additionally, though I can't be 'certain' I'm pretty sure that silhouette of Korra is one of the conceptual art pics where she had some spikier wilder hair before her model was pinned down.  I think this is sorta like a 'were doing avatar figures!' advert more than 'these people are coming'  Who knows!  Maybe they'll make us multiple versions of everyone over time!
Yeah, I remember seeing this concept art of Korra as well somewhere on the internet before the show was released... Though the one place I can confirm that you can see this concept art is in the Book 1 artbook. If memory serves me right, Joaquim was the one who drew it.

It might have been showcased in at the Korra panel in SDCC 2011. There might be a gallery somewhere featuring all the concept art from that panel.

Riptide
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Why you mad?

« Reply #12 on: Jun 26, 2015 09:45 am »

*shrug*
Maybe Nick still hates LOK and are trying there hardest to make it fail!? They don't want people to buy Legend of Korra merchandise... If they did they would've showed off the the primary characters like Bolin, Asami, or Korra herself! Instead they gave us Lin and a lot of people would buy SpongeBob before Lin Shocked
« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2015 09:55 am by Riptide » Logged
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #13 on: Jun 26, 2015 05:29 pm »

Maybe it's just as simple as the sculpting team really wanting to do Lin because they like her design. They certainly did a good job with it.

I'm one the fence about whether I'd buy the ATLA characters. If the final products are really good, then maybe, but I don't need more things sitting on shelves collecting dust.

Red Hawk
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: Jun 26, 2015 06:56 pm »

I wanna Book 3 Aang, late Book 3 Zuko, Warrior Sokka from Day of Black Sun, Season 3 Water Tribe clothes Katara, Earth Kingdom clothes Toph Book 2 Hair Down Korra, Book 1-3 Mako w/Scarf, Book 1-3 Bolin, mechanic suit Asami, and regular Air Nomad robes Tenzin.
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: Jun 29, 2015 03:49 am »

i wasn't sure if this was mentioned... this statue is a prepainted kit.

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #16 on: Jul 01, 2015 05:35 pm »

Bryan says the thing will cost $99. (Same price for both the SDCC exclusive and the eventual mass-market edition.)

Well, I'm out. Even for my favorite ATLA characters, I don't spend that much on something I can't pose.

Selofain
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am a worm on a cloud.

« Reply #17 on: Jul 01, 2015 06:55 pm »

Yeah. :/ At this price point, I'll wait until they're all out and maybe pick a favorite to save up for.

If it was preassembled, I think my estimated price point of $200 wouldn't have been far off.

Japan, what is your secret to low-cost well-made figurines? Please, the US desperately needs to know.

BoomerAang Squad
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Jul 08, 2015 01:09 pm »

Tomopop posted a review of the SDCC exclusive figure.
Link includes a lot of pictures, including the packaging it comes in and individual pieces.

Fixed link.
« Last Edit: Jul 09, 2015 05:22 pm by BoomerAang Squad » Logged
Selofain
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am a worm on a cloud.

« Reply #19 on: Jul 08, 2015 10:41 pm »

Huh, I expected a bit more assembling needed than is actually needed. (Also, your link doesn't quite work, but I figured it out.)

I don't know why it's only occurring to me now, but "retails at" doesn't necessarily mean "sells at," so I may still pick one up for my birthday or Christmas or something. (Oooo, Black Friday sales. One can hope?)

I wonder how easy it is to pull it apart, once assembled. Mix 'n match, anyone?

Magus1108
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Resident Long Feng Fanboy!

Zach1108
« Reply #20 on: Jul 09, 2015 01:42 am »

Nice to see some high quality Avatar figures being done, at long last! As a figurine collector, I'm very much thrilled. Especially after I got burned from a custom figure maker...never thought I'd actually be able to get an Avatar figure of the girls, let alone from anyone from LoK!

The pricing though, that's a shame. Hopefully I can get decent deals from second-hand sellers or if I'm lucky, there might be price drops. Still, at any rate, I'll likely save the money to only get Korra, Toph, Katara, and MAYBE Lin. I can do without the boys, quite honestly. Aang, Sokka, and Zuko already have figurines made of them...low quality, sure, but they're still represented. And I'm rather ambivalent about the Mako and Bolin figurines.

I am ze Keeper of:

Joo Dee's, "There is no War in Ba Sing Se" phrase, Long Feng's incredibly cool and evil voice, His awesome hair style, and his devious personality.
BoomerAang Squad
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #21 on: Jul 29, 2015 11:03 am »

The Lin Beifong Figure (Regular Edition) is now available for pre-order.

http://zwyerind.com/figure_beifong.html

The final selling price is $99.99 and shipping will start on August 12th (US only).
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #22 on: Jul 29, 2015 07:21 pm »

and shipping will start on August 12th (US only).
NOOOOO.

Hey we international fans have money to spend too. T_T

BoomerAang Squad
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #23 on: Jul 30, 2015 12:32 pm »

NOOOOO.

Hey we international fans have money to spend too. T_T

Looks like they're working on that.  Smiley

Quote from: Zwyer Industries
Hey International folks, we hear you loud and clear. We are currently talking to several online retailers that would be able to sell our products overseas. Please stay tune.

UPDATE:
Hey International folks, animebooks.com is taking pre-orders for the Chief Lin Beifong PVC Statue kit! Will start shipping on August 12th!!
http://www.animebooks.com/leofkochlinb.html

2ND UPDATE: They have another distributor.
Hey International folks, bbts.com is taking pre-orders for the Chief Lin Beifong PVC Statue kit! Will start shipping on August 12th!!
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=ZWI10000&mode=retail
« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2015 03:14 pm by BoomerAang Squad » Logged
KatrinaKadabra
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: Aug 05, 2015 02:14 am »

I'm hoping a Zuko figure wouldn't have his Book 1 hairstyle. (Of course, if it did, it'd be easier for me to resist buying it.) Now, if they make figures of the characters as they are in the "Old Friends" poster, my bank account will be screwed.

If I could cast a vote for a villain, I would want to see a P'li figure. Because she was awesome. Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: