Apr 24, 2017 08:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Colonel's Fan Art  (Read 738 times)
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Jun 16, 2015 06:08 pm »

Hello all, I just thought I'd share some fan art with you all. To start off, here is my extremely late entry for that contest back when season three of the original series was airing. We were supposed to create a propaganda poster for the Fire Nation or the resistance and I opted for the resistance, so here's a poster, I hope you enjoy.

I choose to use the word boat simply due to a lack of a better alternative. Cars have not been invented yet in the original series and since Zhao was an admiral, it made sense to use something nautical. The picture, if you haven't guessed it is based off the historical anti-Nixon poster from 1960.

Also, I did a poster for a story I've been sitting on for a while:

And just in case any one was wondering, I did all this on MS paint.
« Last Edit: Jun 16, 2015 09:17 pm by Colonel_Brian » Logged
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #1 on: Jun 17, 2015 06:43 pm »

Pretty good! You did a good job capturing the facial detail, especially considering that it was done in MSPaint.

Acastus
Expert Advisor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Victim of the gelatinous cube.

« Reply #2 on: Jun 19, 2015 08:16 pm »

Holy cow! That definitely takes the cake for a delayed entry! I agree with Loopy - very good facial detail for MSPaint. The face really is Nixonesque. I can almost see him holding up his hands with the "V" for victory, haha. The propaganda contest was hands down my favorite Smiley

A story? You've been holding out on us then. It's about time. Publish, dude, publish. Don't make us come after you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: