Nov 18, 2018 12:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 435 (69.6%)
9 - 109 (17.4%)
8 - 46 (7.4%)
7 - 19 (3%)
6 - 2 (0.3%)
5 - 2 (0.3%)
4 - 4 (0.6%)
3 - 1 (0.2%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 7 (1.1%)
Total Voters: 607

Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [207] Zuko Alone  (Read 55620 times)
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #500 on: Oct 26, 2018 05:48 pm »

I always found everyone’s acceptance of Ozai quite interesting. It could be that most were so heavily brainwashed that they more or less would have accepted whoever their new ruler was. But at the same time, I always wondered if perhaps Ozai had some folks (i.e. A few of his advisors) that he may have confided in about what really happened since they may have actually wanted him in charge instead of Iroh anyway. I just have a feeling Azula wasn’t the only one who thought Ozai would make a better Fire Lord.

That's always been my headcanon. Before The Search, I even wondered if Ursa helped deliver some of that support, in exchange for Zuko's life.

luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #501 on: Oct 26, 2018 07:02 pm »

My headcanon was that Ursa came from a prominent family that rivaled the royal family in terms of wealth and influence. To maintain and elevate their status they pushed for Ursa to marry into the royal family. Then when tragedy strikes, so too an opportunity. When Azulon demands for the death of his last grandson, surely this means he is no longer fit to rule and his chosen successor is a failure who couldn’t finish the job he was sent to do. So when Ursa kills him, they move to forge a will that makes Ozai the next Fire Lord as that gives them security as he gets what he wants and makes way for one of their grandchildren to get the throne one day.
Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: