Jan 23, 2018 05:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 434 (69.6%)
9 - 109 (17.5%)
8 - 46 (7.4%)
7 - 19 (3%)
6 - 2 (0.3%)
5 - 2 (0.3%)
4 - 4 (0.6%)
3 - 1 (0.2%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 7 (1.1%)
Total Voters: 606

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [207] Zuko Alone  (Read 52644 times)
ALTA_FAN
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yes, I am an Avatar Last the Airbender fan.

« Reply #450 on: Aug 10, 2010 05:50 pm »

In the end, it is important to remember that Zuko didn't save the town, he just beat up the bullies to save the kid. the real part that had me going is that i  thought zuko was better with the swords than he seemed in the fight in this eppy. (blue spirit anyone?) all in all, this episode underline's ATLA's ability to make viewers connect emotionally with the characters. Who doesn't feel for zuko after his mom disappears? more importantly we see why certian people are the way they are.

Were the villagers justified in their treatment of Zuko? no. yes i remember the 100 year war and how his father and forefathers are kind of responsible for it. it's just not fair for them to blame Zuko for that. It does, however,  go to show how people tend add 2 and 2 and get 5. or in other words, "he's the heir to the throne, so therefore he's responsible for the past 100 years of war".
« Last Edit: Aug 11, 2010 01:27 pm by ALTA_FAN » Logged

Zeffphyr
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^Don't you just love when words work like that? :)

« Reply #451 on: Aug 10, 2010 06:27 pm »

if he had presented himself as an outcast of the firenation, people might have been more sympathetic, be it cautiously.

very true ^_^

i was all happy when he told them he was firenation, but then facepalmed when he said he was the prince lol

^Thanks to LemonLime for the awesome sig! Grin
Keeper of Katara's expression when she first holds Aang*the desperate kiss in Cave of Two Lovers*and Katara's "what are we doing?"
Quote from: iamaang92
Psh, high school is so Zutara
Nychus
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

jedimr_thomas@hotmail.com stegonychus
« Reply #452 on: Aug 11, 2010 02:56 pm »

Were the villagers justified in their treatment of Zuko? no. yes i remember the 100 year war and how his father and forefathers are kind of responsible for it. it's just not fair for them to blame Zuko for that. It does, however,  go to show how people tend add 2 and 2 and get 5. or in other words, "he's the heir to the throne, so therefore he's responsible for the past 100 years of war".
true, it shows the people as people and does a really good job at it. People aren't as rational as they'd like to think they are. They think in stereotypes, are prejudiced and a single bad thing can outweigh tons of good times/deeds/whatever (I actually have experience with this) Notice how the fact that he is caught lying even worsens his case, while one would expect him being considered an enemy of the FN would be a good thing

Writer of the Azulyssey
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #453 on: Aug 11, 2010 07:55 pm »

What I hated most about that is that Katara did get away with it in the Painted Lady.

I wanted them to chase her away just like they did him. It would've been a fitting way to make her understand his situation better. But nooo, little Miss Perfect gets treated the heroine. Roll Eyes

thelastmindbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I googled fun. I found this. It was pretty fun.

« Reply #454 on: Aug 21, 2010 06:14 pm »

What I hated most about that is that Katara did get away with it in the Painted Lady.

I wanted them to chase her away just like they did him. It would've been a fitting way to make her understand his situation better. But nooo, little Miss Perfect gets treated the heroine. Roll Eyes

But it wasn't Katara's forefather's that started and maintained a war that members of that village were fighting in.

I will say, Zuko Alone is easily one of the darkest episodes in the set of 61, and it's one my favorites. Zuko up until that point was still and bad guy. This episode added a lot more depth to an already deep character.

Well, it only took a \\\\\\\"cancellation\\\\\\\" to get me back on the forums.
Ambrose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #455 on: Sep 27, 2010 09:06 am »

Ooh that was for me, the best episode so far.  I doubt the mysteries to this episode will be answered in full onscreen. Mother probably killed Azulon, its alluded to in the duck scene anyway.

Carpe diem
ricco
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #456 on: Oct 04, 2010 02:03 am »

just came across these.

http://piandao.org/screencaps/ep27/ep27-1314.png

http://piandao.org/screencaps/ep27/ep27-1313.png

pure OMG

Keeper of Katara's: "I don't know Aang...ask Sokka's instincts",
Azula’s: "My own mother thought I was a monster...she was right",
Iroh's: "Maybe it should be a proverb", Roku's: "You think I am weak"
Nastalgic99
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Firelord you're next.

« Reply #457 on: Oct 04, 2010 02:15 am »

We needed more episodes like this instead of the constant focus on team avatar.

Keeper of Bumi's fashion sense, smile, metal coffin, and Jeong Jeong's raggedy robes, and candles.
Proud supporter of the Red Lotus
Toph Bei Master
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Huge Avatar:TLA Fan, love the Avatar Universe

« Reply #458 on: Oct 10, 2010 11:57 am »

We needed more episodes like this instead of the constant focus on team avatar.
I love how they did that I wonder if that is the reason that they made the Tales of Ba Sing Se Episode, or was that a fill in? I think its was just how each character would act like when not fighting.

The key to earthbending is your stance.
TallBoy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

My Heart Burns For You

« Reply #459 on: Nov 09, 2010 01:08 am »

But it wasn't Katara's forefather's that started and maintained a war that members of that village were fighting in.

I will say, Zuko Alone is easily one of the darkest episodes in the set of 61, and it's one my favorites. Zuko up until that point was still and bad guy. This episode added a lot more depth to an already deep character.

This episode is absolutely fabulous. I don't know why this isn't higher on the ep discussion board here.
you're right lastmindbender, it is truly one of the darkest of the episodes but it also reveals so much about Zuko and the royal family in a way that doesn't drown you with new information.
This is my favorite episode, by far Smiley

3DS FC: 2836-0221-8587
PM me if you add me
Shi Len
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I like rocks.

« Reply #460 on: Nov 09, 2010 01:58 am »

The series needed more episodes like this one instead of the pointless gang adbentures (the great divide, avatar day, painted lady, nightmares and daydreams, etc).

Keeper of: Rebuilt Southern and Northern Water Tribes, The Earth Rumble VII, and Hama\\\'s Prison Cage.
Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #461 on: Nov 09, 2010 02:06 am »

...gang adbentures...

Is that a pun or a typo? Tongue

But yeah, great episode - the best as far as I'm concerned.
Shi Len
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I like rocks.

« Reply #462 on: Nov 09, 2010 02:11 am »

a typo of course, but great episode. We certainly needed more episodes like this one.

Keeper of: Rebuilt Southern and Northern Water Tribes, The Earth Rumble VII, and Hama\\\'s Prison Cage.
NextFireBend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King Spider-Man.

« Reply #463 on: Nov 21, 2010 11:10 pm »

BEST ZUKO EPISODE.

Or he watches Glee idk.
Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #464 on: Nov 21, 2010 11:14 pm »

BEST EPISODE.

I agree Grin
NextFireBend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King Spider-Man.

« Reply #465 on: Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm »

I agree back.

Or he watches Glee idk.
Shi Len
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I like rocks.

« Reply #466 on: Nov 22, 2010 01:10 pm »

I really feel more nongang episodes were needed like (Appa's last days,  the avatar and the firelord, zuko alone)

Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #467 on: Nov 22, 2010 04:50 pm »

I really feel more nongang episodes were needed like (Appa's last days,  the avatar and the firelord, zuko alone)

On the other side of the coin though, the fact that these episodes were so different from the norm gave them their impact (and the fact they were good Tongue)
Shi Len
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I like rocks.

« Reply #468 on: Nov 22, 2010 05:58 pm »

Which is my more episodes needed to be like them, perhaps 2-3 a book.

ZukoTales
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #469 on: Feb 13, 2011 11:21 pm »

I love this episode! This is one of the reasons I love the Avatar series. The writers are great at showing all the characters in the series, and not just the main group. Episodes like this one and "Tales of Ba Sing Se" really let us get to know about the characters that might have otherwise been forgotten in other shows. I think this is what makes Avatar such a successful series. Whether you're a fan of Zuko, Iroh, Katara, Jet, or even Momo... almost all of them will get a decent amount of exposition.  Cheesy

Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #470 on: Mar 11, 2011 03:41 pm »

Fantastic, I love Zuko's character and this episode!

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
zuko alone
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

lol

« Reply #471 on: Feb 01, 2012 02:00 pm »

look at my name, now guess what i rated it. Also, this episode was one of my favorite because of the unusual fight between the earthbender and zuko. It's cool how zuko was so strong with his swords alone and it made me glad when i saw the face of the earthbender who dared to interfere with zuko

I watched atla more than anyone in the world! Mwahahahaha!
Tiger King II
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #472 on: Feb 16, 2012 07:21 am »

Top notch episode. Develops Zuko very well.
The Banished Prince
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #473 on: Jul 22, 2012 11:24 am »

This and Crossroads of Destiny are my two favorites.

Were we... liking the soccer?!? - Starfire
Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King of Heroes, Gilgamesh

« Reply #474 on: Feb 01, 2014 04:35 pm »

My friend, after a long hiatus, decides to continue and watch the next episode. I would think this one would do it, but nope.

"Hm, interesting episode. Though cliche plot"

After that I told him to drop it. No worth watching the series if you don't like Zuko Alone Cheesy
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: