Dec 17, 2017 11:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 434 (69.6%)
9 - 109 (17.5%)
8 - 46 (7.4%)
7 - 19 (3%)
6 - 2 (0.3%)
5 - 2 (0.3%)
4 - 4 (0.6%)
3 - 1 (0.2%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 7 (1.1%)
Total Voters: 606

Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [207] Zuko Alone  (Read 52566 times)
Acastus
Expert Advisor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Victim of the gelatinous cube.

« on: May 12, 2006 07:42 pm »

Official description: Traveling without Uncle now, Zuko wanders alone into an Earth Kingdom town where he bonds with a local boy. Meanwhile, Zuko is haunted by memories of his own youth.

Discuss!
Firelord Sunny
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yip yip!

ladymecha
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006 07:46 pm »

an incredible episode!
perhaps going to be the best episode of season 2!
this eppy was full of revelations, though i do like how they are still not showing Ozai's face in full.
This episode was top notch and I hope the rest will be just as good!

a perfect ten baby!

Space, the final frontier...
These are the voyages of the flying bison Appa.
His ongoing mission, to explore strange new worlds,
To help Aang seek out new bending masters and escape the firenation.
To boldy go where no flying bison has gone before...

Keeper of Davros' frozen head
Ryosei_Hime
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ryosei_hime@hotmail.com RyoseiHime internet_junkie_16
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006 07:48 pm »

I give it a perfect ten as well. Certainly a very character building episode for Zuko. Sometimes it's harder for people who aren't obsessive Zuko fans to pick up on the more subtle hits that he's not necessarily the bad guy so I think this might have been a more upfront way of presenting that fact.

Fuzzy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

fuzzytoesocks@hotmail.com emilythepissed
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006 07:50 pm »

Wow. That was awesome, though I hated the ending (when he just rode off).

The flashbacks were amazing, and I'm glad they didn't show Ozai's face. Keeps him more of a mystery.

I was insanely happy when we saw young Ty Lee and Mai, and  when Mai blushed when Zuko walked by was so cute. I'd be with Ty Lee and Azula on the "They make such a cute couple! -giggle-" Except, I don't giggle. xD

Man, I don't think Azula likes anyone in her family very much. At first I thought she liked her grandfather, but she didn't seem too too sad at his death. She also seemed to enojoy Ozai getting scorched. I like her that way, though. Not necessarily 'evil', but just...determined, I guess. She wants that throne, and she's damn right gonna get it.

Zuko's mom was cool. Very...nice, for someone in the Fire Nation royal family. I'm assuming that her an Ozai were an arranged marriage.

Now, in the present time, the midnight thing with the boy and Zuko was one of my favorite scenes. So...aww-worthy.

When he was fighting the soldiers at the end...DAMN that was awesome, especially when his Firebending kicked in. The soldier was more than a bit caught off by that.

I feel sorry for Zuko, though, introducing himself as "Heir to the throne" when deep-down (or maybe even not so deep down), he knows that unless he completely betrays his father (and sister, but he wouldn't mind that so much xD), he isn't ever going back into the Fire Nation. Ever.

I wish that they showed present day Ozai's Angels, though. Wonder what they're up too.

All in all, I give it a 9/10, only for the ending and not showing present day Azula and crew.

^^;

Zukofan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006 07:51 pm »

OH EM GEEEEE!!!
That was sooooo freaking awsome!  I'm still spazzing out!  eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *has a seizure*
yoshie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

129252469 liquiddrag0n1013@hotmail.com itsyoshie aznyoshi@snet.net
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006 07:54 pm »

so what happened to zuko's mother? and did ozai murder his father to gain the throne?

interesting episode.

Regards,
- yoshie_<ten.13>
someone198
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006 08:09 pm »

Very sharp turn into left field but still the greatest episode of the series.

First of all, I think this is the first time they've pulled off a cultural steroetype I liked. When I first saw the old Western theme being set up, I cringe dthinking it would be just as cheesy and annoying as the hippies, hillbillies, and wrestling fans. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised.

Second, I can't believe how perfectly the writers created as many mysteries as were solved. The mysteries of how the younger prince Ozai ending up Fire Lord and questions about the death of Ozai's son and the story of Ba Sing Sai were answered, but now we have a murder and a missing queen to feed theories to flood fanfiction.net.

I like how the writers were playing with us about Ozai's face. You don't always have to be subtle about anime/cartoon cliches to still make them effective.

So Zuko/Mai is, I think it's safe to say, officially canon, but what happened after that spill in the fountain (and before, for that matter), we can only speculate... and you *know* we will.

The riding off into the sunset was as cliché as I feared and out of place for the asian-themed show, but I l-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ved Zuko's speech before the end. No more hiding behind a blue mask or running from his past or being ashamed of himself; no more denying who he really is. He has a long way to go, but as far as I'm concerned, Zuko has the heart of a hero.
ignite444
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A Kataang shipper to the end!

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006 08:34 pm »

Great episode, I loved the fact that we got to finally see more of Zuko's past. I'm glad we got our answers on many, many things.

Zuko's a hero, not a villain. I was mad that the kid hated him in the end... I felt like punching him. Zuko saved him and still offered his knife to him and the kid turned on him...

I was shocked that Zuko was going to try and steal food from that man, then I was glad after he saw that his wife was pregnant and decided to move on. Such a good heart, yet people don't seem to understand that...

I'm also happy that we got to see him firebend again, it's been awhile.

Banner made by me, do not steal! If you want to use it, ask me first.

Join my site! Avatar Dream (New custom skin up!)
thunder_713
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fire Nation Traitor...

evilbabyrulesall@msn.com thndr713
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2006 08:42 pm »

Dude, the firebending scene was amazing. When he started that fight, I was like, OK, he's gonna have to firebend soon...and when he finally did, it was way freakin' awesome.

Like everyone else said, 10/10. Best episode of the series, hands down.

I loved the intimate little looks into life in the Fire Nation court--particularly all the intrigue in the royal family. Can't wait to see what Ozai did to Azulan (sp?). And...most importantly, I can't wait to see what happened to the queen. I bet she did something to prevent Ozai from killing Zuko (brain/crackwave: wonder if she took on Azulan?), and had to run for it. Just a crazy crack idea...

But the ending was so sad. When Lee said he hated Zuko...my heart went out to him. Even the people he protects hate him because he's from the Fire Nation.

^Zuko fan? Check out Lava Love God

Keeper of Sokka's necklace and Zuko's ship.

(LLG banner thanks to omgasp). Icon by magicker_icons.
Kanelle
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2006 08:47 pm »

I think that he seriously took his Uncle's words to heart in "Avatar Day".  Not only did he resisted the urge to rob the couple on the road but he refused supper until the pig/cattle farmers offered some work in exchange.

As to why he left his uncle.... can you stand by as a relative of yours suffers and not do something.  Even if it's Illegal and wrong?  He had to leave in order to respect his Uncle's wishes.

Neither fire nor wind, birth nor death can erase our good deeds.
--Buddha
Kereea
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Moordryd Payyn and Prince Zuko rock!

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2006 09:36 pm »

Well, I was saddened by this episode. You know, right when the boy said he hated Zuko, you can just hear Zuo's sadness at it, even though he didn't say a word. Embarrassed
 So...Azula's always been evil, hmm?

(kereea is a supporter and rabid fangirl of both boys above. Insult them at your own risk)
Keeper of whatever i can get my hands on, all the good stuff's already claimed...Keeper of Mai's knives! Yeah!
Big T
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2006 09:45 pm »

A very interesting episode. The flashbacks were very satisfying. Some mysteries are solved but others are presented. Just the way I like it. We finally discover why Iroh is not Fire-Lord, get a glimpse into the lives of the Fire Nation's royal family, and meet Zuko's mother.

And it seems I was right. Azula is a brat, through and through. Cute scene with Mai and Ty Lee, though.

The final fight at the conclusion was beautifully animated. Enough said on that count.

I was pleased when Zuko finally decided to no longer hide behind the mask of the Blue Spirit or the "stranger." He is Zuko. He should not be ashamed of such. Accepting who he is is a great developement of character. I agree with previous statements. Zuko has the heart of a hero. He just needs to realize it himself.

I did feel badly that the kid, and the village, ended up hating him. He risked his life for them and they turn him away. But, alas, it is human nature.

Great episode. It leaves me yearning for more.

Banner by Chong
thunder_713
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fire Nation Traitor...

evilbabyrulesall@msn.com thndr713
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2006 11:17 pm »

I want to see the mom again. Seriously. She better show up again in the series, or I will eat/badly maim someone.

It'd be really cool for Zuko to see her again...

^Zuko fan? Check out Lava Love God

Keeper of Sokka's necklace and Zuko's ship.

(LLG banner thanks to omgasp). Icon by magicker_icons.
Bleeding_Aurora
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

by: neitherday

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2006 11:43 pm »

Wow, I think I nearly fainted after that episode. Ha! It was truely wonderful.

I loved his mom, she was so awesome! I absolutely adored his relationship with his mother. New question, what happened to her? I think it'd be wonderful if they met at one point, course... not soon... sometime in the distant future.

Wow, Azula's been ... ekh, since forever. She is a very interesting character in the fact that she holds no emotional attachment to anyone, not her mother, grandfather, uncle, cousin. She seems to have one goal, and that is to obtain power, and no one can stand in her way. It's pretty crazy.

The kid... wow, that was cute first off, he sorta made a friend. I was sad at the end how everything played out, but to tell the truth, I was expecting a reaction like that. No one trusts the fire nation, and even though he helped these people out, they're not going to accept him that easily, and that's going to be the same for every earth kingdom city he stops at.

I am happy that he is no longer feeling ashamed of what has happened, he has accepted it in full and is completely okay with who he is, and that was something he needed to fully grasp, to be okay with... I mean, if you're not okay with yourself, your not okay with anything really.

Someone mentioned this earlier, but I fully agree... Ozai did something to Azulan, he was not willing to give the thrown this his second born, how is it that he recieved the crown after his father died? Something happened that we're not seeing yet... and unfortunately we must wait until the mystery unfolds.

Young version of Ozai's Angels... that was cute. Zuko was willing to save Mai... aww... I want them to have a confrontation, see what'd happen. I don't know though, I think that ship is one sided, Mai likes Zuko, but Zuko is just a nice guy.

Love Zuko, loved the episode! Ten out of Ten!

"Writer's block is like a bicyclist breaking his legs, eventually he'll get to ride again, but not when he really wants to."

Icon From: Digik Designs
someone198
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2006 12:26 am »

[Message deleted.]
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006 10:52 am by someone198 » Logged
Star Outlaw
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Are you okay?

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2006 01:29 am »

Another fine episode. It's good to see Zuko's character developing. He's beggining to act more like a good guy. Too bad those people turned their backs on him, but it's understandable and totally expected. I hope Zuko won't let that stop him from helping more people.

Ursa was such a cool mom. She was so nice and did so much for Zuko. Hard to imagine she's also Azula's mom.

Seeing Ty Lee and Mai again was a treat. I loved Mai's blush.

Oh, and turtle ducks. So cute ^_^.

Check out my Avatar Music Videos.

I keep Pabu. Sig by LeonsKennedy4815
citrus02honey
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2006 10:44 am »

Aw, I missed the first 10 minutes cus I was watching Nanny McPhee!... what? It's a good movie!

<_<

>_>

anyways, this episode was totally hawesome. Little Zuko is just the cutest thing in the world and it was so nice to get some more story on him. He's one of the most interesting characters IMO

What happened to his mom though?! I have a sneaking feeling she died, but I'm in serious denial right now... She was just so sweet to Zuko...

<avatar made by Psyborg
Hightide
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2006 10:48 am »

Its a rotton shame I live in the U.K. I still have to watch the first 13 chapters of book 1 as reruns. I have to watch the eps on video sites I wont mention it for various reasons. I have to say I have been keeping up to date.

Looking at the screen caps. I am just itching to plant myself in front of my computer screen and watch this episode. From what I have seen 10/10. I need to watch it to give a final verdict.

Gloria Finis - "Glory is the End"
someone198
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2006 10:51 am »

Its a rotton shame I live in the U.K. I still have to watch the first 13 chapters of book 1 as reruns. I have to watch the eps on video sites I wont mention it for various reasons.

Looking at the screen caps. I am just itching to plant myself in front of my computer screen and watch this episode.
Do you get Turbonick? It's up, for a week I would guess, at turbonick.com.
stinkypinky
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

When I look in the sky the stars are still shining

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2006 11:43 am »

This episode was so sad and touching. Azula is a sociopath hse doesn't care for anyone, I thought she would love her dad but when she was spying on Azulon and Ozai she was smiling.

Zuko Lvr
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2006 12:12 pm »

Zuko was so cute as a little kid, actually he's still cute... No he's not cute he's HOT!

ZUKO ROCKS!!!
Lieselle
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

" 'OH MY GOD, NO WAI!' 'OH MY GOD, YES WAI!' "

Lady+Liesl+99
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2006 01:05 pm »

two word....

FOO-SHA

O my god-best eppisode so far-its gotta be! It was just--marvilous! It was excellent to finally see more of Zuko's past, it really gives us so much more insight on him. Also, though people didnt really expect any ships, I really loved the little kid Zuko/Mai fluff ^^

Ty Lee: aww....don't they make just the cutest couple?
Ma: you guys are just so-UGH!
      ^ I love it. I KNEW she had a crush on him! Haha! Zuko and mai, sitting in a tree! KI-S-S-I-N-G!

Zuko: GIRLS ARE CRAZY!!

too bad all of them love him, right? lol!!

the ending upset me though, the fact that everyone turned on him for what he-who he was. But it still left uf with so many guesses-(even though I think I know this one) why'd his mom leave, who killed Azulon, was Azula telling the truh about Ozai having to kill Zuko?! Overall though, it was total mexcellencey!!

BisonTamer
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2006 02:51 pm »

*deep breath*

#$&% #$&%-ING DISH #$&%-ING NETWORK AND ITS #$&%-ING CHEAP #$&%-ING MALFUNCTIONING #$&%-ING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!

*pant pant pant*

Does anyone want to PM me when Zuko Alone will be rebroadcast? And don't tell me about downloads because A.) they're illegal and B.) they still can't come close to broadcast quality.

Even if you're lost you can't lose the love because it's in your heart.
Krahe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Full of bees.

Casket0seduction
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2006 03:03 pm »

Holy crap, wonderful episode!  *fangirling*

It was great seeing more of Zuko's past, and I especially loved seeing his mother.  Mai's crush on Zuko was adorable.  Heh, Mai was a cute kid (strong emphasis on was).  I liked how we were teased about Ozai's face: we were given enough, but not the whole thing.  These flashbacks answered alot of questions and gave even more to wonder about.

Zuko's interaction with Li was well done.  Li was kept at arm's length, but was treated kindly, and the scene when Zuko explained the principle of broadswords was an 'Aww' moment.  The fight scene at the end was great, and I almost freaked when he began to firebend.  Having the villagers and Li hate him in the end gave a good example of how untrustful the war has made people.  

I have a love/hate relationship with the ending.  I feel that it was appropriate considering the circumstances of Zuko's departure, but I didn't like the way it just tapered off.  It leaves you with a 'What, that's it?' feeling.

Overall, though, it was increadible.  *still fangirling* 

Oh, and Holy Fricking Hades, BisonTamer!!  Jeez.  But I can understand your frustration.  I have Dish Network too.

Poisoned and hopeless.  Sleeping beauty.

Keeper of Zuko's bare, sweaty torso.
Firelord Sunny
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yip yip!

ladymecha
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2006 04:38 pm »

*deep breath*

#$&% #$&%-ING DISH #$&%-ING NETWORK AND ITS #$&%-ING CHEAP #$&%-ING MALFUNCTIONING #$&%-ING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!

*pant pant pant*

Does anyone want to PM me when Zuko Alone will be rebroadcast? And don't tell me about downloads because A.) they're illegal and B.) they still can't come close to broadcast quality.

your only chance right now to re watch this episode is Itunes if you dont have windows XP/ IE 6/ Flash 8 as nick sucks with its turbonick policies, not to mention its regular network policies blow too as they no longer air an episode more then once a week.
so yeh Itunes is your best bet if you have dial up/ Mac/ Linux/ older flash versions...
episodes cost $1.99 a pop I think...

so yeh thats what it will take for the legal route.

Space, the final frontier...
These are the voyages of the flying bison Appa.
His ongoing mission, to explore strange new worlds,
To help Aang seek out new bending masters and escape the firenation.
To boldy go where no flying bison has gone before...

Keeper of Davros' frozen head
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: