Mar 27, 2017 11:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Character sketches  (Read 1008 times)
Illusive-Pants
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Mar 31, 2015 02:25 am »

Hey folks.

I'm new to this forum, since I'm pretty new to the Avatar series as a whole. I recently marathonned ATLA, and I'm about finished with Book 2 of Legend of Korra. Needless to say, they've become my favorite animated shows of all time. I'm not even done with LOK yet and I just adore it.

As such, I've started doing some character sketches for the two shows. Please bear with me. I'm not a pro, and I've never really tackled drawing humans seriously. I'm more of a 3D architecture kind of guy. But the two shows have inspired me to get back to practicing.

Here's two pictures. One is duplicated since I couldn't decide wether to go with the white or black background for Lin. They're not super on-model. They're both first-time attempts. I'll aim to get better. Hope you like!

http://faded-myth.tumblr.com/post/114979145228/korra-3-a-little-off-model-and-theres-some

http://faded-myth.tumblr.com/post/114656753663/more-lin-beifong-practice-art-used-a-frame-from
Cerulean
Global Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2015 08:24 am »

These are fantastic first-time attempts! I especially like your first Lin with the dark background. Can't wait to see more work from you!
CartoonSuperHero
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2015 08:08 pm »

The one of Lin is super bold. I love it!

Also, welcome to the greatness that is Avatar. Smiley
« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2015 08:11 pm by CartoonSuperHero » Logged

I keep Toph's messy bangs, the giant koi at Kyoshi Island, Asami's goggles, Lin's lost love and Toph's eleventh finger.
Sig by the epic Maivry!
Maivry
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2015 10:40 pm »

Welcome to Avatar, ASN, and the fanart section of the forum!

I notice you say you're not experienced in drawing humans, because it's pretty clear you've got a nicely developed sense of aesthetic! If this is what you consider a first attempt, I'd love to see what you could do if you drew people regularly. Smiley

ArtFicsGraphics
vanderpn
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Korvira Trash

« Reply #4 on: Apr 27, 2015 03:58 pm »

I really like your clean, graphic style. These have a really cool printmaking sort of look. Great choice of the color accent on Lin as well.

Keeper of Zutaraang; Kuvira's eyebrows, Kuvira's gloves, the Colossus, and Korvira <3
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: