Oct 19, 2017 07:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TLOK Shipping Thread - Part 4 (keep all buttcapes unknotted)  (Read 93161 times)
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #875 on: Jul 08, 2016 12:14 am »

I'll forever be disappointed that Hasook never got a moment of glory. I was always hoping that he's swoop in the save the day. They could have done in the first season finale. The Equalist are closing in, and just when it looks as if Mako and Korra will be overwhelmed, the ex-Fire Ferret appears out of nowhere and clears the battlefield. Mako exclaims ironically "Hasook! You no good no show!" And then they commence fighting.
« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2016 12:16 am by Colonel_Brian » Logged
Yougo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Respect the Screaming bird!

« Reply #876 on: Jul 08, 2016 01:48 am »

^i read the transcript of the episode to see if Hasook actually packs a punch, to find that Bolin sucks at least as much as Hasook in that match. Yet Mako only jerkbends at Hasook about it. As far as Masook goes, i think most of that happened before the start of the series, and their quibble and subsequent no-show of Hasook was the tail end of that. especially considering how jealous Mako reacts when right after the breakup he finds Bolin with yet another girl in the locker room. a waterbender no less.

mind you, i don't blame Bolin for making his own fun when he's the third wheel in a downhill relationship that's souring up the Fire Ferrets.

...i do blame him, and Mako, for not learning and solve the Masook problem by adding Makorra to the team Tongue

keeper of: the Screaming bird's horrible shreak; The Bendig Mark.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #877 on: Jul 08, 2016 04:57 pm »

Yes, merging LoK characters to reduce the cast is my new hobby. My goal is to eventually get it down to every single character being either Korra or Wan Shi Tong.

An case could probably be made that several characters actually shared the title of Amon alone. Bumi, Pema, Hasook... We never really knew for sure that it was just Noatok who had that mask.

I'm about to blow your mind.

What if the person behind Amon's mask...

...is Amon?

And then- get this- then we ship him with Noatok!

ahintoflime
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #878 on: Jul 08, 2016 07:04 pm »

...is Amon?

Then at least 90% of people would have gotten what they wanted from Amon back in Book 1.

And if by Noatok you mean we replace Unalaq's position with Noatok then it might be cool.
Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #879 on: Jul 08, 2016 10:28 pm »

^i read the transcript of the episode to see if Hasook actually packs a punch, to find that Bolin sucks at least as much as Hasook in that match. Yet Mako only jerkbends at Hasook about it. As far as Masook goes, i think most of that happened before the start of the series, and their quibble and subsequent no-show of Hasook was the tail end of that. especially considering how jealous Mako reacts when right after the breakup he finds Bolin with yet another girl in the locker room. a waterbender no less.

A failed Masook relationship would also contribute to Mako's "dating team members is a bad idea" attitude. Hasook used to be a good pro-bender, but his anger at Mako made him sloppier and sloppier. He intended to apologise, but by then it was too late- he found out he was replaced by the Avatar, and couldn't bring himself to return.

At Varrick's wedding he runs into Mako, and they become friends again.

Masook fits alongside those other totally canon pre-series relationships, Korra/ Howl and Asami/ Tahno.  Grin

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #880 on: Jul 09, 2016 12:40 pm »

A failed Masook relationship would also contribute to Mako's "dating team members is a bad idea" attitude. Hasook used to be a good pro-bender, but his anger at Mako made him sloppier and sloppier. He intended to apologise, but by then it was too late- he found out he was replaced by the Avatar, and couldn't bring himself to return.

At Varrick's wedding he runs into Mako, and they become friends again.

Masook fits alongside those other totally canon pre-series relationships, Korra/ Howl and Asami/ Tahno.  Grin

While they catch up during the reception, Hasook reveals that after being replaced by the Avatar and quiting probending altogether, he met another waterbender who was also down on his luck and done with the leagues, they struck up an friendship, discovered they shared a passion for jazz music and decided to form an band together. Three years later, they're preforming at the Varricks' wedding and Hasook is now dating the former Wolf-Bat-turned-trombone player.

Mako and Asami then get to bond over the fact that both their exes have happily moved on with each other. Cheesy

« Last Edit: Jul 09, 2016 12:52 pm by Avatar Lizzy » Logged

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #881 on: Jul 09, 2016 02:17 pm »

The number of great ideas coming out of that one screenshot make me wonder why we're not getting a "LoK Band" comic series. It could include new storylines and in-depth flashbacks. It would be glorious.

Old School
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #882 on: Jul 09, 2016 06:38 pm »

I'm about to blow your mind.

...is Amon?

Disguising yourself as yourself is surprisingly effective.

And I'll always be a bit peeved we never got a scene where Amon's mask is removed to reveal another Amon mask underneath it. Seriously if your master plan is dependent on a backstory that washes off in water, consider investing in a second mask.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #883 on: Jul 09, 2016 10:29 pm »

Seriously if your master plan is dependent on a backstory that washes off in water, consider investing in a second mask.

Amon really should've used the same brand that the Kyoshi Warriors wear. Suki's makeup never even smudged once.

Sig by Guitarfreak.
ahintoflime
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #884 on: Jul 10, 2016 12:28 am »

Seriously if your master plan is dependent on a backstory that washes off in water, consider investing in a second mask.

Amon really should've used the same brand that the Kyoshi Warriors wear. Suki's makeup never even smudged once.

http://dvdscreenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/atla/212/744.jpg

It wouldn't work on him.
He's not a true non-bender so sweat and moisture would cause it to run plus the part on his lip when he lifts the mask to eat or drink.

Man if only Korra had just chunked water at his face all the times she had a chance...I would have enjoyed seeing Amon walk around like he's trying to hide his face from the paparazzi only to have some random mook look at the trail of running makeup and exclaim "Alright sir! The Avatar healed your scar, way to go!"
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #885 on: Jul 11, 2016 03:05 pm »

Remember in "Out of the Past" when Korra and Amon had this little encounter?

Yeah, that episode would've ended a lot differently if Korra had a chance to waterbend some snow at Amon's face and ruined his scars. Tongue
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2016 05:47 pm by Avatar Lizzy » Logged

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #886 on: Jul 11, 2016 06:00 pm »

And now we know why all of Amon's bases and hideouts had a private bathroom for him.

shorewall
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yeah, baby!

« Reply #887 on: Jul 17, 2016 06:36 pm »

source

I LOVE this blog.  The Krew make so much more sense this way.

And Bosami ftw!

"The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed. Since beginning-less time, darkness thrives in the void but always yields to purifying light."
Kyatto
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I need you to let me touch it.

« Reply #888 on: Apr 16, 2017 08:47 am »

So...

Did Korra ever get Private Lessons from Tahno?

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #889 on: Apr 17, 2017 09:54 pm »

She's the one who wound up giving the lessons. Of course, she gave those lessons out across the whole city, so Tahno walked away hardly feeling special.

Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #890 on: Apr 28, 2017 10:49 am »

So...

Did Korra ever get Private Lessons from Tahno?

My personal lack of interest in the Tahno/ Korra ship says "no", but my desire to give all the characters over-complicated romantic histories says "yes". Korra took pity on him after he lost his bending.

Though, it occurs to me that Korra ended up literally giving Opal some private lessons in Zaofu...

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #891 on: May 01, 2017 05:30 pm »

Korra/Opal is still my OTP.

Just so long as Opal doesn't wear green. That's the worst color for her.

luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #892 on: May 03, 2017 12:58 pm »

Korra/Opal is still my OTP.

Just so long as Opal doesn't wear green. That's the worst color for her.
Really? I personally don't care for how she dresses now with the Airbenders. I always thought her look in Zaofu was her best one.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #893 on: May 03, 2017 07:15 pm »

Something about those eyes of hers always freaked me out until she started wearing red and yellow. I think the darker green of her clothes made her lighter green eyes seem spooky, considering how big they are.

Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #894 on: May 04, 2017 05:58 pm »

Her eyes always kinda reminded me of Ben 10.

Anyway, I think a Korra/ Opal relationship could've been pretty good. Girl who used to struggle with airbending teaches another girl how to airbend! Girl who grew up in a sheltered compound shows girl who grew up in sheltered city a life of adventure! Plus Opal's gradual disillusionment over the three years Korra's away, and their joy at being reunited!

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #895 on: May 04, 2017 06:09 pm »

Yup, there's a basis that could have worked. Plus, Opal has a pet bison that can hang out with Naga.

Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: