Dec 07, 2019 07:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TLOK Shipping Thread - Part 4 (keep all buttcapes unknotted)  (Read 167435 times)
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #825 on: Jun 18, 2016 11:09 pm »

Just a little tribute to Father Lord Day. Cheesy

http://viria13.deviantart.com/art/feeding-turtleducks-304244442

http://lynlynlora.tumblr.com/post/35343949825/avatar-daddy-no-im-not-crying-why-do-you-ask

http://rockets.tumblr.com/post/25351974633

http://makanidotdot.tumblr.com/post/102529750161/2-many-babbis-i-like-that-bataar-was-just-like-an

http://callmesnuffles.tumblr.com/page/2

Here's to Avatar's Best Fathers in the History of Fathers!

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #826 on: Jun 19, 2016 09:09 am »

Awww, these are sweet.  Smiley

Niko
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Bolin time!

« Reply #827 on: Jun 19, 2016 05:48 pm »

You missed a few:

Sig by guitarfreak
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #828 on: Jun 24, 2016 04:36 pm »

For every loving and supportive father in the world of Avatar, there's another who uses his children as terrorists and living weapons.

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #829 on: Jun 24, 2016 05:46 pm »

And probably two more to help gang up on the loving/supporting dude.

TheBeachandAzula
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #830 on: Jun 24, 2016 08:27 pm »

Two more what?

Strawberries, cherries, and an angel's kiss in spring. My summer wine is really made of all these things. Take off your silver spurs and help me pass the time,
and I will give to you summer wine.
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #831 on: Jun 25, 2016 05:32 am »

Hmmm... Let's see:

Loving/Supportive Fathers:
- Hakoda
- Iroh
- Aang
- Zuko
- Tonraq
- Tenzin
- Hiroshi
- Bataar Sr. (? - he wasn't very supportive if Bataar Jr. is any measure)

Evul Dads:
- Ozai
- Arnook (? - he was quite eager to throw Han to the wolves and go with Yue's choice of husbando, after all)
- Hiroshi
- Unalaq

It looks like the true ratio is more like 1 evul dad for 2 loving fathers. Now, we should check the same thing for mothers too... only if they were not mostly dead Cheesy.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
TheBeachandAzula
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #832 on: Jun 25, 2016 12:33 pm »

Hmmm... Let's see:

Loving/Supportive Fathers:
- Hakoda
- Iroh
- Aang
- Zuko
- Tonraq
- Tenzin
- Hiroshi

Evul Dads:
- Ozai
- Arnook (? - he was quite eager to throw Han to the wolves and go with Yue's choice of husbando, after all)
- Hiroshi
- Unalaq

It looks like the true ratio is more like 1 evul dad for 2 loving fathers. Now, we should check the same thing for mothers too... only if they were not mostly dead Cheesy.

You forgot Yakone. Pretty sh**** dad.

Strawberries, cherries, and an angel's kiss in spring. My summer wine is really made of all these things. Take off your silver spurs and help me pass the time,
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #833 on: Jun 26, 2016 02:07 pm »

I know, right? All Bataar Jr. wanted was to create death rays with dark spirit magic, conquer the Earth Empire, enslave non-earthbenders, rule as a power-hungry tyrant and then marry his adoptive sister! Why couldn't Bataar Sr. Just support his son's dreams?! Tongue

Now, we should check the same thing for mothers too... only if they were not mostly dead

Ooh, now that's gonna be tricky... Hmm...

Loving/Supportive Mothers:

- Katara
- Pema
- Fire Lord Izumi
- Toph
- Suyin (? - Like her husband, having warlords for children puts her in the "maybe" category)
- Kya
- Hope's Mom
- Ryu's Mom
- Ursa (? - Taking the comics into consideration, I honestly don't know where Ursa even falls on the scale Tongue)

Evul Moms:

- Malina (? - Eska and Desna spoke fondly of their mother, but if the comics are any hint, she isn't the nicest person)
- The Earth Queen (? - Technically, she is Prince Wu's evil aunt, does that count?)
- Mai's Mom (? - Jerkbender at most. Puts career and reputation before family more often then not, but is well intended.)

So looks like the ratio is for every 3 loving mothers, there's one evil mom. You'know, assuming they aren't mostly dead. Wink  
« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2016 02:10 pm by Avatar Lizzy » Logged

Sig by Guitarfreak.
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #834 on: Jun 26, 2016 04:56 pm »

I know, right? All Bataar Jr. wanted was to create death rays with dark spirit magic, conquer the Earth Empire, enslave non-earthbenders, rule as a power-hungry tyrant and then marry his adoptive sister! Why couldn't Bataar Sr. Just support his son's dreams?! Tongue

He only wanted to do these because of his thinly veiled daddy issues. A loving/supportive dad rules out such problems (or at the very least the effect will be quite different, like with Hakoda/Sokka), so Bataar Sr. must have something in the wrong.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #835 on: Jun 26, 2016 06:36 pm »

Or, he could be Avatar's first negative example of mommy issues.

His relationship with Kuvira raises all kinds of questions, really.

Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #836 on: Jun 26, 2016 10:34 pm »

Like what?

But yeah, he has mommy issues, I think. Actually, I still don't know what his deal was. 
shorewall
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yeah, baby!

« Reply #837 on: Jun 26, 2016 11:25 pm »

Like what?

But yeah, he has mommy issues, I think. Actually, I still don't know what his deal was.  

He left his mom for someone who was just like his mom.  Bataar has definite mommy issues.  

He's basically Buster Bluth from Arrested Development.

"The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed. Since beginning-less time, darkness thrives in the void but always yields to purifying light."
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #838 on: Jun 26, 2016 11:46 pm »

Like what?

He left his mom for someone who was just like his mom.  Bataar has definite mommy issues.  

Not to mention, someone his mom mentored and eventually adopted as her daughter. Tongue

It takes serious mommy issues for Bataar to marry the same woman who was raised as his sister since they were eight years old. Tongue    
« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2016 11:47 pm by Avatar Lizzy » Logged

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #839 on: Jun 26, 2016 11:55 pm »

Yeah, he's a depraved little weirdo. I think they should have played his relationship with Kuvira for drama. Or at least, made it seem more scandalous.

Good catch on that, I never considered just how creepy their relationship was.
TheBeachandAzula
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #840 on: Jun 27, 2016 12:16 am »

Like what?

He left his mom for someone who was just like his mom.  Bataar has definite mommy issues. 

Not to mention, someone his mom mentored and eventually adopted as her daughter. Tongue

It takes serious mommy issues for Bataar to marry the same woman who was raised as his sister since they were eight years old. Tongue   

But was Kuvira ever actually treated as a member of the family? If Kuvira was truly raised as Suyin's daughter and a member of a loving family, then she wouldn't have these issues. Bataar Jr and Kuvira's relationship is a lot less than incest and more like Bataar entering a romantic relationship with that nice girl who your mom coaches.

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #841 on: Jun 27, 2016 05:44 pm »

I like to think that Su called Kuvira "Su Jr" for a long time. "Jr" got some really nasty implications in the family after that. Opal still shudders whenever she hears it.

shorewall
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yeah, baby!

« Reply #842 on: Jun 27, 2016 06:48 pm »

I like to think that Su called Kuvira "Su Jr" for a long time. "Jr" got some really nasty implications in the family after that. Opal still shudders whenever she hears it.

Bataar and Kuvira are like the Lannisters for me.  Smiley

"The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed. Since beginning-less time, darkness thrives in the void but always yields to purifying light."
Kairok
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #843 on: Jun 27, 2016 11:29 pm »

Was it ever explicitly stated that SU raised Kuvira alongside her own kids?
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #844 on: Jun 28, 2016 12:34 am »

Please get back on topic about shipping. You can continue the discussion in relevant threads.

Admin's post. Do not response or it will be deleted.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Cybersun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #845 on: Jun 28, 2016 09:24 pm »

i think izumi is the child of mai and zuko but i also think that zuko and suki had a forbidden love *cough* rhaegar/lyanna *cough* and those two (zuko and suki) had a bastard child who we don't know about yet.
shorewall
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yeah, baby!

« Reply #846 on: Jun 28, 2016 11:49 pm »

i think izumi is the child of mai and zuko but i also think that zuko and suki had a forbidden love *cough* rhaegar/lyanna *cough* and those two (zuko and suki) had a bastard child who we don't know about yet.

I mean, I'm certain that Aang is Lin's dad, and Sokka is Su's mom, so sure.  Cheesy

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #847 on: Jun 29, 2016 02:10 pm »

i also think that zuko and suki had a forbidden love

Sokka's picture of Suki firebending was obviously foreshadowing that she would become Fire Lord Izumi's mother.

Hindsight is 20/20. Tongue
« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2016 10:06 am by Avatar Lizzy » Logged

Sig by Guitarfreak.
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #848 on: Jun 30, 2016 11:37 am »

I mean, I'm certain that Aang is Lin's dad, and Sokka is Su's mom, so sure.  Cheesy

Excuse me Shocked ?

Also, just for you guys to know, I find it hilarious that Suzuki has started to infiltrate this shipping topic too  Cheesy.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #849 on: Jun 30, 2016 11:53 pm »

Also, just for you guys to know, I find it hilarious that Suzuki has started to infiltrate this shipping topic too  Cheesy.

All according to plan...

I mean, I'm certain that Aang is Lin's dad, and Sokka is Su's mom, so sure.  Cheesy

Excuse me Shocked ?

You can see a little bit of Sokka reflected in each one of his descendants.

Huan has his creativity

Opal has his big heart

Wei and Wing have his fun and perkiness

Bataar Jr. has his cleverness

And of course, Suyin has Sokka's positive attitude!  Cheesy

« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2016 11:56 pm by Avatar Lizzy » Logged

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: