I have been working on an Avatar RPG for some time, and while it is far from complete, it has reached the stage when it is entirely playable and ready for sharing. So here it is:Core Rulebook (PDF)Character Sheet (doc)
The system is based on the Legends of the Five Rings RPG - it uses a hybrid D10 dice pool and difficulty threshold system, and is heavily element-themed. It is surprisingly easy to learn and use, yet it gives plenty of options and fits the Avatar world pretty well.
Here is a list/quick summary about the contents:
- The main characteristics are the five elements (Air, Fire, Earth, Water, Spirit). Each element - except Spirit - has two Traits: Air has Empathy and Reflexes, Fire has Willpower and Strength, Earth has Perception and Toughness, while Water has Intelligence and Agility. The Elements are mostly used for bending, while the Traits are used for non-bending actions.
- There are also Skills that give you cheap dice to use with your Traits.
- Characters are divided as per their nationality. Each Nation offers four backgrounds and four Classes a character can take (one of each). Don't worry, characters can take Classes from different Nations, they just need to pay a little extra fee to do it. Also, there is an option for "Unaligned" characters and characters from "other" nations (currently, only the United Republic is here).
- There are Perks and Flaws that a character can take for bonuses and penalties-for-extra-XP.
- Bending is pretty OP, but at least needs big investments to work properly.
- If you check the Table of Content at the beginning of the rulebook, you can see that there are linked and non-linked sections: the linked sections have content, while the non-linked ones don't as they are still under construction. So yeah, no Advanced Bending Forms or spirit shenanigans yet, but they are already in the works, don't worry.
- For the end, a good advice: read the What's Important? section carefully before you make a character.
I will keep updating the rulebook constantly with new/fixed content. If you have a question, then ask away. Comments and reviews are also welcomed.
Have fun!Pictures in the rulebook are from Piandao.org and AvatarSpirit.net. Except the one with the Avatars, it is from here.