Aug 21, 2017 04:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Avatar: The Role-Playing Game  (Read 4142 times)
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« on: Jan 11, 2015 11:52 am »

Hi!

I have been working on an Avatar RPG for some time, and while it is far from complete, it has reached the stage when it is entirely playable and ready for sharing. So here it is:
Core Rulebook (PDF)
Character Sheet (doc)

The system is based on the Legends of the Five Rings RPG - it uses a hybrid D10 dice pool and difficulty threshold system, and is heavily element-themed. It is surprisingly easy to learn and use, yet it gives plenty of options and fits the Avatar world pretty well.

Here is a list/quick summary about the contents:
- The main characteristics are the five elements (Air, Fire, Earth, Water, Spirit). Each element - except Spirit - has two Traits: Air has Empathy and Reflexes, Fire has Willpower and Strength, Earth has Perception and Toughness, while Water has Intelligence and Agility. The Elements are mostly used for bending, while the Traits are used for non-bending actions.
- There are also Skills that give you cheap dice to use with your Traits.
- Characters are divided as per their nationality. Each Nation offers four backgrounds and four Classes a character can take (one of each). Don't worry, characters can take Classes from different Nations, they just need to pay a little extra fee to do it. Also, there is an option for "Unaligned" characters and characters from "other" nations (currently, only the United Republic is here).
- There are Perks and Flaws that a character can take for bonuses and penalties-for-extra-XP.
- Bending is pretty OP, but at least needs big investments to work properly.
- If you check the Table of Content at the beginning of the rulebook, you can see that there are linked and non-linked sections: the linked sections have content, while the non-linked ones don't as they are still under construction. So yeah, no Advanced Bending Forms or spirit shenanigans yet, but they are already in the works, don't worry.
- For the end, a good advice: read the What's Important? section carefully before you make a character.

I will keep updating the rulebook constantly with new/fixed content. If you have a question, then ask away. Comments and reviews are also welcomed.

Have fun!

Pictures in the rulebook are from Piandao.org and AvatarSpirit.net. Except the one with the Avatars, it is from here.
« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2015 11:54 am by AtoMaki » Logged

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Tamerlan Pahlavi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Selam, Sahib

« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2015 01:22 pm »

Seems impressive!

So, wanna play sometime? Cheesy You can play it with friends online, right?

All my written material is free of any and all copyright, it can be used freely for everyone's inspiration
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2015 01:36 pm »

Seems impressive!

So, wanna play sometime? Cheesy You can play it with friends online, right?

Thanks!

Sorry, but I have something, like four games going on (play-testing this system, a Legend of the Five Rings game, a WH40kRPG game, and an Eclipse Phase game), a fifth one would be too much. Though, Loopy has also shown interest (not related to this system, just in general), so maybe you should speak with him  Smiley.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Tamerlan Pahlavi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Selam, Sahib

« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2015 01:40 pm »

So you work as a game developer? Now that's something Cheesy

Anyway, good diligence with all of that. Don't forget to post the results on here, ok?

All my written material is free of any and all copyright, it can be used freely for everyone's inspiration
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2015 01:46 pm »

So you work as a game developer? Now that's something Cheesy

No, I just have a very large and active RPG group. We also like to homebrew a lot. You can say that (amateur) game developing is kinda' like my hobby.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: