Oct 15, 2019 12:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What If? - All of the Villains get a Second Chance  (Read 4349 times)
Rex Avatarum Imperium
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Phoenix King, Dark Avatar, Great Uniter, etc

« on: Dec 20, 2014 08:37 am »

What if every villains in each book get their minds (and memories) from last episodes transported to first ones?

What will they do now with complete hindsight of the future events?

First scenario: Amon's mind from "Endgame" transported to "Welcome to Republic City"

Second scenario: Unalaq's mind from "Light in the Dark" transported to "Rebel Spirit"

Third scenario: Zaheer's mind from "Venom of the Red Lotus" transported to "A Breath of Fresh Air"

Fourth scenario: Kuvira's mind from "The Last Stand" transported to "After All These Years"

Bonus scenario: Ozai and Azula's minds from "Sozin's Comet, Part 4: Avatar Aang" transported to the end of "Siege of the North, Part 2"

PS:
- Let us assume the most optimal conditions to make the scenario as interesting as possible, e.g. Azula's craziness/mental breakdown is reversed back, Kuvira's mind is transported from just before her heart-changing conversation with Korra, Unalaq's mind is from just before it merges with Vaatu's, and so on.
- Future's abilities and powers are not brought to the past, so no Zaheer's flight, Unalaq's Dark Avatar powers, etc.

Lavabendingmaster
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2014 08:57 am »

First scenario till fourth scenario: No book 1-4 Tongue. The villains would have won in their respective book thus by eliminating Korra, or they just gave up after knowing what would happen.

Bonus Scenario: Ozai and Azula would immediately know that Aang is a threat and I think Ozai himself would want to capture the Avatar immediately, as he would know that Azula and Zuko would have failed anyway.

- Fan of Avatar the last Airbender and the Legend of Korra
- Lavabending prodigy
- Probending legend
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2014 09:01 am »

First scenario: Amon's mind from "Endgame" transported to "Welcome to Republic City"

I think this is actually canon. Noatak is trapped in a time loop, and the attempt we have seen was his 4967th try to take over Republic City. At this point, he only went with this whole Equalist thing to watch RC burn (again) and get touchy with Korra. So nothing changes.

Second scenario: Unalaq's mind from "Light in the Dark" transported to "Rebel Spirit"

He now knows that Korra has the special mixture of 'dumb' and 'brash', so he first transports her up north to open the northern portal (exploiting the 'dumb' part) then travel back to south to open the southern portal (avoiding the 'brash' part). Korra will never get the plot!amnesia, so she won't know about Wan/Raava/Vaatu, so she won't be able to do much against Unavaatu. The world enters 10k years of darkness, at least until Unalaq dies and Vaatu realizes that being half-mortal is no joke. The world will then enjoy ~9950 years of never-seen-before unity as they hunt the Dark Avatar when they can.

Third scenario: Zaheer's mind from "Venom of the Red Lotus" transported to "A Breath of Fresh Air"

Instead of messing with Korra, Zaheer would just simply ask her to cooperate. I give a 50/50 for him to actually succeed.

Fourth scenario: Kuvira's mind from "The Last Stand" transported to "After All These Years"

Instead of just toying around with her, Kuvira kills Korra in the Zaofu duel ASAP. She would then let Varrick do the peaceful spirit vine research, and give the military research to Bataar Jr.

Bonus scenario: Ozai and Azula's minds from "Sozin's Comet, Part 4: Avatar Aang" transported to the end of "Siege of the North, Part 2"

Azula would join Aang before Zuko does, and prevent his brother to link up with the winning side. She would also replace Mai with Suki. Then, she would enjoy her assured place as the next Fire Lord, and torment the Avatar with her creative firebending training methods day and night.

For Ozai, it wouldn't really matter at all.
« Last Edit: Dec 20, 2014 09:09 am by AtoMaki » Logged

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Atren
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Mostly read, rarely post

« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2014 10:39 am »

There is no way Korra would cooperate with Zaheer once she knew his goals or are you suggesting Korra would kill (or let them) kill her father and probably Tenzin (not sure if he counts as world leader)?
Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King of Heroes, Gilgamesh

« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2014 10:44 am »

Korra would cooperate with the person who had part of what ruined her childhood? Hell no.

And she already voiced her opinion on this, taking out the world leaders isn't the answer.
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2014 10:57 am »

Well, it isn't like Korra hasn't cooperated with a guy whose goal was to unleash Spirit Satan Tongue. But unlike Unalaq, Zaheer really knows what's up with Korra.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2014 11:07 am »

Zaheer raises his middle fingers at the world and escape with the RL on a remote island to live an happy and carefree life, the Earth Empire never see the lights of the day.
Amon and Unalaq defeat Korra and play patty cakes together.

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Dec 20, 2014 11:16 am »

Well, it isn't like Korra hasn't cooperated with a guy whose goal was to unleash Spirit Satan Tongue. But unlike Unalaq, Zaheer really knows what's up with Korra.

Ummmm, she was cooperating with her uncle, who was very supportive of her until he took her parents away. She wasn't aware that Unalaq had ulterior motives. Nobody would suspect their family members want to harm them, nobody, and if you can do that, then you have a screwed up family.
« Last Edit: Dec 20, 2014 11:18 am by Furudo Erika » Logged
JustSomeone
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: Dec 20, 2014 11:38 am »

-Amon takes Korra's bending away as soon as possible (when they meet eachother for the first time( & keeps her captured so she will never be able to tell his secret,

-Unalaq will propably try to trick her into opening the spirit portals & then kill her/capture her as soon as possible

-Zaheer will propably try to kill all the world leaders as soon as he breaks the red lotus out of prison and won't come after korra for a while or kill mako & bolin when they are captured instead of letting them go (that way propably nobody would be able to beat gazan & min yua)

-Propably try to kill Korra at their first fight, also kill bolin, verrick, whole beifong family etc. so nobody will be able to stop her

-Azula would've propably killed Katara in Ba Sing Se, basicly Katara is the reason Aang survived the lighting attack causing   the FN to lose the war etc., if Azula would've just killed Katara instead of putting her in prison nobody would be able to heal Aang etc. and FN would've propably won the war
*Ozai would've propably killed Iroh also instead of putting him in prison, without Iroh the white lotus propably wouldn't have taken Ba Sing Se back because Iroh was the one gathering all the white lotus members to take Ba Sing Se back

Sannom
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9 on: Dec 20, 2014 12:49 pm »

Korra would cooperate with the person who had part of what ruined her childhood? Hell no.
Wasn't she ready to do just that in the series proper? She asked Zaheer to stop the madness and join the Air Nation to make a good difference in the world.
BlackPanther1012
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #10 on: Dec 20, 2014 02:41 pm »

Kuvira would change. Tarrlok would've found another way.

Hou-Ting, Unalaq and Zaheer would've done the evil things they did differently to ensure they would win.

Amon is debatable. He could've gone either way...but I think Amon would've preferred to go all the way back to his pre-bending boyhood.

What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
--Philipians 4:9
Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: Dec 20, 2014 03:34 pm »

Wasn't she ready to do just that in the series proper? She asked Zaheer to stop the madness and join the Air Nation to make a good difference in the world.

That's really not cooperating. She was asking Zaheer to step down, not help him to achieve his goals.
Playwright
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: Dec 20, 2014 04:53 pm »

I'd rather give Tarrlok his memories, since Amon/Noatak knew pretty much everything from the get-go.

He'd use that in advance to beat/manipulate Korra more easily. Now that we know he was a Red Lotus, it'd be better to tell Zaheer about his HC plans so the RL can catch up to him first.

In order to achieve any change in Zaheer, his memories need to include chapters from Kuvira's takeover. That way he'll think twice before hurting the EQ (maybe slap her a little).

She would then try to get rid of her biggest threat, Korra, before the Avatar can find her.

Azula would probably have her meltdown earlier as soon as she realises what's coming to her. Ozai, on the other hand, would probably come up with a better plan to end the war without his zeppelin fleet.

AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #13 on: Dec 20, 2014 05:36 pm »

Ummmm, she was cooperating with her uncle, who was very supportive of her until he took her parents away. She wasn't aware that Unalaq had ulterior motives. Nobody would suspect their family members want to harm them, nobody, and if you can do that, then you have a screwed up family.

In fact, Korra turned against her father to support her uncle, and only danced back when Unalaq went full retard with his plotting. I don't think that Zaheer would go that far. Tonraq would have the chance to simply step down, so would Tenzin. Zaheer didn't want to automatically kill every world leader, only remove them from power.

Speaking of which, I'm really curious what would have happened to Korra if the Red Lotus had been successful with the abducting operation. Avatar-level combustionbending is granted, as well as spiritual enlightenment from the get-go. But would Zaheer really push his anti-Raava agenda if he had the chance to recreate the original Balance Spirit?

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
shorewall
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yeah, baby!

« Reply #14 on: Dec 20, 2014 07:45 pm »

I think this is actually canon. Noatak is trapped in a time loop, and the attempt we have seen was his 4967th try to take over Republic City. At this point, he only went with this whole Equalist thing to watch RC burn (again) and get touchy with Korra. So nothing changes.

He now knows that Korra has the special mixture of 'dumb' and 'brash', so he first transports her up north to open the northern portal (exploiting the 'dumb' part) then travel back to south to open the southern portal (avoiding the 'brash' part). Korra will never get the plot!amnesia, so she won't know about Wan/Raava/Vaatu, so she won't be able to do much against Unavaatu. The world enters 10k years of darkness, at least until Unalaq dies and Vaatu realizes that being half-mortal is no joke. The world will then enjoy ~9950 years of never-seen-before unity as they hunt the Dark Avatar when they can.

Instead of messing with Korra, Zaheer would just simply ask her to cooperate. I give a 50/50 for him to actually succeed.

Instead of just toying around with her, Kuvira kills Korra in the Zaofu duel ASAP. She would then let Varrick do the peaceful spirit vine research, and give the military research to Bataar Jr.

Azula would join Aang before Zuko does, and prevent his brother to link up with the winning side. She would also replace Mai with Suki. Then, she would enjoy her assured place as the next Fire Lord, and torment the Avatar with her creative firebending training methods day and night.

For Ozai, it wouldn't really matter at all.

I really like your takes.  They are well thought out, and also creative and interesting.  Smiley

"The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed. Since beginning-less time, darkness thrives in the void but always yields to purifying light."
Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: Dec 21, 2014 08:55 am »

In fact, Korra turned against her father to support her uncle, and only danced back when Unalaq went full retard with his plotting. I don't think that Zaheer would go that far. Tonraq would have the chance to simply step down, so would Tenzin. Zaheer didn't want to automatically kill every world leader, only remove them from power.

Korra didn't turn against her father, what are you talking about?

She was mad at him for legit reasons and they moved passed it pretty quick. And honestly, it was pretty creepy how Tenzin and Tonraq wanted to control her every move. Have you honestly never been angry with your parents?
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #16 on: Dec 21, 2014 09:59 am »

Korra didn't turn against her father, what are you talking about?

She was mad at him for legit reasons and they moved passed it pretty quick. And honestly, it was pretty creepy how Tenzin and Tonraq wanted to control her every move. Have you honestly never been angry with your parents?

I meant this:

Tenzin and Tonraq had a pretty good reason to keep Korra under lockdown. Yet, when someone exploited the situation to turn her against them, they GG'd out. If Unalaq had played it more smartly, then he could have kept Korra under his influence. Add in that Zaheer reads Korra like she was an open book, and it becomes granted that he could have put a massive wedge between her and Team TenTon.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: Dec 21, 2014 10:03 am »

What do you mean that Zaheer reads Korra like an open book? Any evidence to back it up?
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #18 on: Dec 21, 2014 10:11 am »

What do you mean that Zaheer reads Korra like an open book? Any evidence to back it up?

Beyond the Wilds?

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
the_voice
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #19 on: Dec 21, 2014 09:19 pm »

It would be funnier to let Korra have this second chance and watch her curb stomp all four villains in a row. Or all at once, that works too.

Bryke be with us. Bryke give us strength.
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #20 on: Dec 21, 2014 09:43 pm »

You never know Azula might get that second chance in the comics. I am hoping the forgiveness them is used in the comics. I am hoping if Azula gets personnel and family issues in order, that with a clear head, that she will try to make ammends with Mai and Ty Lee. I am not saying they should forgive her, but get clossure of acknowledge her mistakes. Though in Mai's case, she is probably going to be part of her family anyway.

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: