Sep 25, 2017 01:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Regarding the DVD quality is it really that bad?  (Read 4371 times)
lex luthor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Dec 04, 2014 05:57 pm »

I was planning on buying the box set but ive heard nothing but teriible reviews regarding the actual quality of the dvd's picture
Misty23
Can't Create New Topics
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2014 07:19 pm »

I have it and its really not that bad
lex luthor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2014 07:22 pm »

so it's not blurry as they say it is? Also can I switch it to full screen or widescreen?
secret_tunnel
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2014 10:19 pm »

Mine are full screen only.  Unless they've updated it that's what you get. 

I don't think the picture quality is so bad.  It's not on par with LOK, but it is what it is.  It looks like the show did when it aired. 

Yes!  We defeated you for all time!  You'll never rise from the ashes of shame and humiliation!

“Ironically, I hired a guy with a similar ability to kill the avatar myself once. (Pause.) Didn’t work.”
-“Don’t feel bad. I tried to kill Korra after she ruined my wedding. It happens.”
Cerulean
Global Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2014 11:33 pm »

Moving to The Marketplace since this is asking about DVDs.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #5 on: Dec 08, 2014 03:41 pm »

Which DVD's are we talking about? Book Water is the one with the really noticeable bad quality, and looks worse than any airing I've ever seen of the same episodes on Nicktoons.

Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King of Heroes, Gilgamesh

« Reply #6 on: Dec 08, 2014 03:54 pm »

Book Water's first disc is terrible, it improves itself later.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #7 on: Dec 08, 2014 05:13 pm »

The funny thing about Book 1's disc is that I've never noticed how bad it sucked until about a year and a half ago. My vision isn't the greatest so I never noticed any bad quality because I couldn't see the ghosting problem while watching the disc. Then I got contacts and noticed it the next time I watched. I thought it was just my disc that was broken until I went on the internet and discovered the disk one of Book 1 just simply sucked. Cheesy

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King of Heroes, Gilgamesh

« Reply #8 on: Dec 08, 2014 05:18 pm »

But it's not un-watchable, unless you're super picky  Grin
nightingale
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

This duality in me, ice and fire within.

« Reply #9 on: Dec 08, 2014 09:46 pm »

But it's not un-watchable, unless you're super picky  Grin

Which I am! I guess I'll stick to Amazon or iTunes. To be honest I would like to have the DVD collection an all, but I put quality first. It would be awesome if Nick were to release them in BD.
« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2014 02:59 am by nightingale » Logged

But four babies playing a game can make a playworld which licks your real world hollow... I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia.

-Puddleglum, The Silver Chair
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #10 on: Dec 10, 2014 02:32 am »

Yeah, I've stuck with watching it on Amazon Instant video ever since I noticed the dvd issue,

I have every season on disc but watching on Amazon is just easier.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
CaptainCoulson
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: Dec 23, 2014 08:22 am »

Are we talking about the box set DVDs or the individual DVDs? As the series aired (and released) I bought all the DVDs individually of all the seasons. So I have like episodes 1-4, 5-8, 9-12 etc on separate discs. Are these the DVDs we're talking about, or are we talking about the box set on DVD? If there's a difference.

I got the box sets on DVD last black friday for 10 bucks each, just to condense my shelf a bit, but I still have the old ones. I never noticed an issue with quality? I've always watched them on an HDTV but never noticed the quality being bad on any of them? I haven't watched the box sets of the series on DVD yet though...so maybe it doesnt apply to the original DVDs just the box sets? Idk you guys are making me curious now.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: Dec 24, 2014 03:03 pm »

Thew box set dvds and the individual dvds are the same I believe. The box set just puts the individual discs together. There is no quality difference.

I am talking about the individual sets though for Book 1 as I don't have the Book 1 box set.

Baefong
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Jan 28, 2016 06:13 am »

The first disc of water is bad, but it improves throughout the boxset. Adjusting settings on my TV helped a little, it was watchable (only at first, it is a little distracting.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: