Dec 08, 2019 10:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 87 (60.4%)
9 - 27 (18.8%)
8 - 11 (7.6%)
7 - 6 (4.2%)
6 - 2 (1.4%)
5 - 1 (0.7%)
4 - 3 (2.1%)
3 - 3 (2.1%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 4 (2.8%)
Total Voters: 144

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [413] The Last Stand  (Read 91382 times)
Solariz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #50 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:48 am »

Am I the only who thought when Su told Kuvira said she would pay for what she has done was unnecessary and kind of harsh. She said was sorry and willing to take her punishment, you could have just tooken her away silently, didn't have to add that in like she is rubbing it in.

Kuvira took Su's city, tries to kill her family , and tried to nuclear spirit blast korra to smithereens... Pretty sure she's gonna be angry for a while.

I don't mind makorra or korasami but the whole BFF thing at the end just seemed so forced. It's like the creators keep trying to make us focus on Asami as an important, diverse character when she isn't. At the end, it just felt weird having her be the one korra ended this journey with.
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #51 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:49 am »

Am I the only who thought when Su told Kuvira said she would pay for what she has done was unnecessary and kind of harsh. She said was sorry and willing to take her punishment, you could have just tooken her away silently, didn't have to add that in like she is rubbing it in.

Well, Su's bound to take it more personally than everyone else, what with their history and the thing with Junior and all.

Yeah but this is just an example of Su all season. She is suppose to be the victom and someone we all should feel sorry for, but all season she is either doing stupid stuff that kind of makes you feel she deserves whatever she gets for doing foolish stuff, or just close minded and not willing to see the other person's point of view that makes you symptise more with the other side.

In this case, be the bigger person and just let it go.

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
Flamewheel4354
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #52 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:51 am »

That Korrasami ending left a really bad taste in my mouth. But otherwise the finale was great.
NextFireBend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #53 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:52 am »

I wouldn't have minded Korasami in the least but I just dont like the last moment being a shipping moment as I really feel like that wasn't what Book 4 or the TLOK was about.  It was more about her growth and challenges and Tenzin capped that off well.

I don't think the last moment of many things are specifically what the entire thing was about. 75% of the time, last moments are part of epilogues. After everything had climaxed and calmed down.

It's not like LoK was saying "and everything leads to and can be summed up in... Korrasami!"

The show and everything important essentially ended way before that last moment. Epilogues. Afterwords.

ATLA wasn't all about Kataang. Harry Potter wasn't about awkward flash forwards. etc.

yo.
The_Xov
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #54 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:52 am »

Huh.  First bisexual Avatar.  Tumblr has officially exploded.

iKeep: The Airbending Wipeout Obstacle Course from Original Airbenders!
That bastard formerly known as mike50333
Cerulean
Global Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #55 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:53 am »

Kuvira took Su's city, tries to kill her family , and tried to nuclear spirit blast korra to smithereens... Pretty sure she's gonna be angry for a while.

I thought it was a little out of place considering she just got done telling Bataar Jr that the family would be mad but they'll come around. She was quick to forgive her son, but not the one she took in as a daughter? Well, in her own words, she'll be mad but might come around.
sokkaboomerang
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #56 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:53 am »

and then they met iroh in the spirit world and had a wedding with admiral zhao dancing for them
Funkybender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #57 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:54 am »

Also I'm glad the humanizing of Wu didn't lead to him being confirmed as the new absolute monarch of the Earth Kingdom. Even better is that he recognized this himself and had the maturity to say so. He was never king material in my book, no matter how much effort was spent to improve his standing in our eyes. It would be nice to see how the process of democratizing the Earth Kingdom works, though.
Suz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #58 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:54 am »

Korrasami explosion imminent. I am beyond shocked, but not disappointed.

Fantastic episode really. I'm honestly satisfied with most of it.

My thoughts exactly. I'm quite surprised they went with Korrasami implied (if it wasn't for the hand-holding I wouldn't think it was implied at all, but the hand-holding makes it implied; no kiss to me means it's left ambiguous and not explicit), and I thought the conversation with Tenzin could have been a nice enough ending, but regardless I'm ok with the way it ended Smiley

I'm VERY happy with it.  A Tenzin-Korra chat ending would've been OK, but I would've been slightly disappointed if that happened.

As for the episode itself, it was a stellar ending to a stellar show!  Everyone got a kick-ass moment.  I was truly worried for Mako & Bolin as they destroyed the vines, so I was relieved to see them intact.  Same with Lin & Su.  I thought at least one of them was a goner.  I wasn't too surprised about Hiroshi.  As soon as he appeared, I knew his fate was sealed.

I'm still in denial that Avatar is finished.  If you see me around here in a daze, that's why Tongue
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2014 01:11 pm by Suz » Logged
Avapony
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You're gonna need some upgrades

« Reply #59 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:55 am »

Honestly, I think my expectations for the finale were a tad high. I feel like there should have been more tied loose ends, but whatever, it was still a great finale. I really didn't mind the Korrasami scene at the end. I actually kind of expected that.

SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #60 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:56 am »

I was truly worried for Mako & Bolin as they destroyed the vines, so I was relieved to see them intact. 

Me too. For a moment I actually thought they were gonna kill off Mako.

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #61 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:57 am »

Not gonna lie, I thought 413 was going really excellent right until the wedding, after that I found the whole thing to be going a bit.. 'bumpy'. I don't just mean the last 30 seconds, but the last few minutes, from the Va-Zhu wedding.

'guess book 3 is going to stay my favorite finale.

I was almost terrified Mako was going to bite the dust though. They made me actively worried there.

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
Earth Angel
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #62 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:57 am »

Also can we talk how beautiful Lin looked at the wedding?!

iKeep: Makorra | the Makorra hug & kiss in 112 | Makorra's final scene
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #63 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:58 am »

And Korra! She got a new formal dress Smiley

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
Flamewheel4354
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #64 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:59 am »

Not gonna lie, I thought 413 was going really excellent right until the wedding, after that I found the whole thing to be going a bit.. 'bumpy'. I don't just mean the last 30 seconds, but the last few minutes, from the Va-Zhu wedding.

'guess book 3 is going to stay my favorite finale.
I think I'll have to agree with you here. I loved the finale, right up until that point…then I started thinking it was cheesy. I loved the Tenzin-Korra moment, but Korrasami…Ugh.
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #65 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:59 am »

I wouldn't have minded Korasami in the least but I just dont like the last moment being a shipping moment as I really feel like that wasn't what Book 4 or the TLOK was about.  It was more about her growth and challenges and Tenzin capped that off well.

I don't think the last moment of many things are specifically what the entire thing was about. 75% of the time, last moments are part of epilogues. After everything had climaxed and calmed down.

It's not like LoK was saying "and everything leads to and can be summed up in... Korrasami!"

The show and everything important essentially ended way before that last moment. Epilogues. Afterwords.

ATLA wasn't all about Kataang. Harry Potter wasn't about awkward flash forwards. etc.

The difference is that there was build up to those types of endings, but there wasn't any buildup to Korrasami since Asami was a really underdeveloped character. At least if they implied that Mako and Korra were going to get back together it would've made a little more sense. Perhaps they should've just kept the entire team platonic and had all four of them decide to go on an adventure together.
PrincessYue
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #66 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:59 am »

That Korrasami ending left a really bad taste in my mouth. But otherwise the finale was great.

Same.

Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #67 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:59 am »

So it looks like Kuvira learned her lesson. Throw her in a prison for the rest of her life. She deserves that much actually. Apologizing won't get a monster like Kuvira far.

I wanted Korra and Kuvira to have a longer battle. I understand that is not what it came down to entirely, but I wanted a bigger and longer whooping. Their battle (before the chase/talk) was about 1 minute long!

Looks like Korrasami happened. Part of me is thrilled. Another part of me is angry that Korra ends the series with a character that was shafted several times in terms of development and screentime.

So the Earth Kingdom is independent states now? The URN was independent states? I am confused. Overall, an amazing finale.

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
The_Xov
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #68 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:59 am »

...Am I strange in that I saw a bit of Sokka in that dress? lol

iKeep: The Airbending Wipeout Obstacle Course from Original Airbenders!
That bastard formerly known as mike50333
morbosfist
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #69 on: Dec 19, 2014 01:00 am »

Now I have to watch again, because I missed that.
AmonKorra
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #70 on: Dec 19, 2014 01:00 am »

I was actually surprised no one else got "destroyed."

"The power of the shinobi...is the power to protect what's important to you."
"Okay, then, tell me. Are you prepared to kill to protect what's important to you?"
Earth Angel
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #71 on: Dec 19, 2014 01:00 am »

I loved Korras new dress! So beautiful, I always hated her other formal outfit Tongue

Same.
Same.

iKeep: Makorra | the Makorra hug & kiss in 112 | Makorra's final scene
neverXbroken
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #72 on: Dec 19, 2014 01:00 am »

Meh. I loved the finale but I hate that it ended on a romantic note. Don't get me wrong, I actually cringed even more at ATLA ending too. Just not a big fan of those types of endings.

I think it would've been more sweet if they ended it with Tenzin and Korra. I was satisfied by that point.

Edit: I need Korra's dress.
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2014 01:02 am by neverXbroken » Logged

Funkybender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #73 on: Dec 19, 2014 01:02 am »

Isn't this the first time we've seen Lin in an outfit that's not a police uniform or tanktop? Cheesy

I liked both formal dresses Korra wore, but this one was my favorite.
PrincessYue
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #74 on: Dec 19, 2014 01:03 am »

I loved Korras new dress! So beautiful, I always hated her other formal outfit Tongue

Same.
Same.

I hope that wasn't what some thought it was because it doesn't belong in Avatar, would just ruin the show for me.

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: