Apr 26, 2017 07:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 87 (60.8%)
9 - 27 (18.9%)
8 - 11 (7.7%)
7 - 6 (4.2%)
6 - 2 (1.4%)
5 - 1 (0.7%)
4 - 3 (2.1%)
3 - 3 (2.1%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 3 (2.1%)
Total Voters: 143

Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [413] The Last Stand  (Read 49868 times)
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« on: Dec 03, 2014 11:29 am »

Release date: 19 December 2014

Summary: When Korra comes face to face with Kuvira, the fate of the Earth Kingdom is at stake.

Discuss!
« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2014 11:20 am by SMBH » Logged

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2014 11:36 pm »

Thread unlocked now that the episodes are out on nick.com.

Remember, this thread is for episode 413 only. Episode 412 has its own separate thread.

Solariz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2014 11:37 pm »

About to watch it. I'm so scared.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:06 am »

Man, that Go-Botis so OP. It can reach anywhere, the control room can see anywhere, and it doesn't unbalance. Ever.

Of course, it doesn't help that everyone who attacks it insists on running or flying down clear streets, instead of jumping out of the buildings the Megatron is walking beside.

Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:18 am »

Gah Korasami is implied.

Oh well the rest of the finale is great.
mmoon24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:20 am »

WTF? Worst shipping ending ever.
Magicman710
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:20 am »

Lol, about that whole "implying" thing...

Didn't like the last 3 minutes at all. Detracted from the rest of the episode IMO, which was FANTASTIC otherwise.

9/10 because of last bit of the episode. Should have ended with Tenzin and Korra's conversation.
mmoon24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:21 am »

Lol, about that whole "implying" thing...

Didn't like the last 3 minutes at all. Detracted from the rest of the episode IMO, which was FANTASTIC otherwise.

9/10 because of last bit of the episode. Should have ended with Tenzin and Korra's conversation.

Seriously. It was such a stupid troll thing to do. I mean, I'm not a fan of saying the ending ruins the whole episode, but that left a bad taste in my mouth.
Funkybender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:25 am »

Korrasami explosion imminent. I am beyond shocked, but not disappointed.

Fantastic episode really. I'm honestly satisfied with most of it.
morbosfist
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:26 am »

Jeez, the fallout from this one is going to be spectacular.

On a more actiony note, way to tear reality a new one. That was cool. Really wish they'd done Kuvira's motivations a little earlier, but I think it fit.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #10 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:26 am »

Ooh, that dialogue was so On The Nose. Everyone got a This Is How I Feel moment, and Kuvira got a quick pop psychology diagnosis. We've fallen a long way from the days of ATLA.

I have no reaction to the action. It worked, once everyone was in the Transformer, but it didn't thrill me, either.

Thematically, the ending worked well enough. Everything was addressed that had to be, Varrick got to have the most developed plot in the entire two-parter, and Tahno played the trombone. That's more than I was expecting, but less than I hoped.

Magicman710
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:27 am »

Also, I really thought Korra was about the connect with her past lives during floating purple/blue space thingy scene. I was really shocked to see Kuvira.
mmoon24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:27 am »

Was kinda hoping that Korra would have legitimately defeated Kuvira, but I am somewhat pleased with how it all went down.
morbosfist
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:27 am »

No Dark Korra, though. Way to boil that down to a plot device.
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #14 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:29 am »

My thoughts exactly. I'm quite surprised they went with Korrasami implied (if it wasn't for the hand-holding I wouldn't think it was implied at all, but the hand-holding makes it implied; no kiss to me means it's left ambiguous and not explicit), and I thought the conversation with Tenzin could have been a nice enough ending, but regardless I'm ok with the way it ended Smiley

luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:31 am »

So we do see a water tribe girl hook up with a hottie of Fire Nation descent, it just wasn't what most were expecting. Damn they do love to troll and sink some popular ships.
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #16 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:33 am »

I will post a full review tomorow, this is just instant reaction.

First of all what a finale, awesome battle and the new spirital portal looks beautiful. So the monarch is abanded no surprise there.

And the last scene logicly I was thinking I know nothing is going to happen, but I admit for a split second I thought they were going to kiss. Well in the spirit Korra and Asami, one of them can turn into a man and Nickelodeon will have no problems.

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #17 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:34 am »

Nah, Nick probably hates trans people, too.

Magicman710
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:34 am »

Basically Korra got friendzoned by Mako, so her only choice was Asami...
Lunar_Prodigy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #19 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:34 am »

There are no words. I love this show. For the first time in quite a long time if not ever I can actually accept the main villain turning good. And as tears roll down my face, I just don't want it to end. That was a beautiful finale.

Keeper of Yue's "You didn't protect me" Sokka's "She's the moon, she flies by herself"
and Wan Shi Tong's understanding of the radio being "tiny men in boxes"
Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #20 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:35 am »

Well at least we were right about ending with a wedding......

So it was a great finale until the Korrasami moment. Is Asami only a 'strong' character if she's with someone romantically or platonically? They should've left it ambiguous like Makorra (which I was fine with. I'll take that as a "maybe someday"). At least Mako did something and now he possibly has a badass burn/scar on his arm.

Also, Zhu Li's last name is moon? Talk about coincidence since the actress is playing sailor moon in the redub.

So overall it was a great finale except for that one little bit.

And no, I have nothing against same-sex couples. I just wish that Asami was more than just a love interest.
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2014 12:37 am by Fire Rose » Logged
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #21 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:36 am »

So the spirit portal. I went O_O when I realized that's what Korra was doing. I'd been hoping she would spiritbend the Vaatu laser at some point in the finale so I'm very pleased she did it, but I wasn't expecting the action to result in a spirit portal.

So now there's three portals, one on each pole and the one in Republic City. Makes me wonder if a counter-pole was made on the opposite side of the world from RC at the same time. Dunno why, but the spirit portals strike me as a matched-pair kind of thing, maybe because the two we knew about were in opposite poles.

Funkybender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:37 am »

Ooh, that dialogue was so On The Nose. Everyone got a This Is How I Feel moment, and Kuvira got a quick pop psychology diagnosis. We've fallen a long way from the days of ATLA.

I have no reaction to the action. It worked, once everyone was in the Transformer, but it didn't thrill me, either.

Thematically, the ending worked well enough. Everything was addressed that had to be, Varrick got to have the most developed plot in the entire two-parter, and Tahno played the trombone. That's more than I was expecting, but less than I hoped.

Kuvira's outcome did bother me a bit. I really didn't expect her to give up and was fully expecting her to meet a hubristic end when that spirit cannon exploded, but I suppose the shock of being thrown into the Spirit World and having her ultimate weapon diced in half wears on her mind. At least Su and Lin were properly mad and ready to take her to task for all the BS she put RC and the EK through.

Everything Zhurrick was awesome and they were easily stars in their own right during this episode.

My thoughts exactly. I'm quite surprised they went with Korrasami implied (if it wasn't for the hand-holding I wouldn't think it was implied at all, but the hand-holding makes it implied; no kiss to me means it's left ambiguous and not explicit), and I thought the conversation with Tenzin could have been a nice enough ending, but regardless I'm ok with the way it ended Smiley

I was expecting the part where Tenzin came in to be the ending, then I was expecting Mako to return after Tenzin left. I can respect how they conducted the ending.

I do ship Korrasami but my reaction is muted because 1) I've had a bit to drink and 2) I'm processing the shock over the fact that they actually implied it (unless we're just overthinking it and it's only a girls' night out but i'unno...
Solariz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #23 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:37 am »

I .... That ending. Two ships were implied?
ryanhuntmuzik
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: Dec 19, 2014 12:39 am »

That.. was... BEAUTIFUL
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: