Mar 24, 2017 02:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 41 (74.5%)
9 - 9 (16.4%)
8 - 4 (7.3%)
7 - 0 (0%)
6 - 0 (0%)
5 - 1 (1.8%)
4 - 0 (0%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [412] Day of the Colossus  (Read 6083 times)
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #75 on: Dec 28, 2014 07:56 pm »

Saw this on tumblr that made a very good point with the Colossus battle...

Why didn't they break the windows in the cockpit? I don't know if platinum enforced glass exists...

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
morbosfist
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #76 on: Dec 29, 2014 01:59 am »

They hit it with rocks and Kuvira even did a mecha-facepalm. If that glass could break that easily, they'd have done it by accident.
Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #77 on: Dec 29, 2014 07:11 am »

A building also fell on it.

Maybe the grids between glass panels were platinum reinforced too.

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
Sannom
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #78 on: Dec 29, 2014 08:55 am »

Why didn't they break the windows in the cockpit? I don't know if platinum enforced glass exists...
I don't think it would have been that helpful. There were platinum bars going all over the windows, even if they broke them nobody could have entered through there.
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #79 on: Dec 29, 2014 09:18 am »

I don't think it would have been that helpful. There were platinum bars going all over the windows, even if they broke them nobody could have entered through there.
The glass panes appeared big enough to not obscure Meelo's body in any way... I'm not saying they send Meelo in alone but given the Avatar physics shown so far, an airbender can just "fly/shoot" in between and into the cockpit.

I guess someone invented shatter proof glass in the Avatar universe or something.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #80 on: Dec 29, 2014 09:29 am »

The glass panes appeared big enough to not obscure Meelo's body in any way...

In fact...

Even Meelo couldn't fit through.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
ALTA_FAN
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yes, I am an Avatar Last the Airbender fan.

« Reply #81 on: Dec 29, 2014 09:46 am »

^the first time I laughed at something meelo did

Sannom
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #82 on: Dec 29, 2014 12:32 pm »

The glass panes appeared big enough to not obscure Meelo's body in any way... I'm not saying they send Meelo in alone but given the Avatar physics shown so far, an airbender can just "fly/shoot" in between and into the cockpit.
Avatar physics aren't Madagascar 3 physics. You cannot fit a grown man into a keyhole.
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #83 on: Dec 29, 2014 11:49 pm »

In fact...
http://hdscreenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/korra/412/2798.jpg
Even Meelo couldn't fit through.
Lol whoops, I could have sworn that the glass panes were much bigger.

Avatar physics aren't Madagascar 3 physics. You cannot fit a grown man into a keyhole.
You can still put water through the gaps, freeze the inside of the window frames and rip the entire frame off the cockpit or even freeze the entire cockpit and just suffocate Kuvira and the helmsman. Or a metalbender can manipulate all the lovely metallic objects inside the cockpit from their vantage point outside the window.

Or they could have just let a hummingbird suit land on the top of the head (near the glass windows) to lure Kuvira into smashing the giant palm onto the cockpit which could dent the head or shatter the windows. Nvm scratch that. Kuvira did do a facepalm in an attempt to squash Meelo and the cockpit didn't dent. Dang it.

Just some of the things I was thinking of.
« Last Edit: Dec 30, 2014 03:58 am by Icy_Ashford » Logged

Stormy Daze
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You're gonna regret doing that, pal.

« Reply #84 on: Feb 11, 2016 07:12 am »

Does anyone besides me like this episode more than the 'The Last Stand'? I love action and it seems that everyone went all out throughout the episode, well besides Mako who seems to be forgotten... The actual finale was a little underwhelming to me and the only worthy bending scenes were Mako's dual lightning and stopping the spirit beam. I didn't expwct anyone to die and Hiroshi slapped me out of my seat.

There were still some things that could've been done better in this episode though...

-Have Mako remember that he can bend? He could've been blinding the Colossus with giant fire streams, come on man, offer some assistance.

Why take a fighting stance if you're just gonna watch? I seriously got a burst of happiness seeing this part for the first time and then I died once he ran into a building to silently observe

-Stop letting Korra steal all of the spotlight! Everybender should've been bending equivalently but nooo, everyone else forgot they were better earth/airbenders:

Lin was shown bending more than Korra but didn't utilize it this episode. Bolin literally held up a rooftop and sliced a building and it bugged me a little.

Tenzin should've been shown doing this, reducing him to a tiny airstream with the rest of the random airbenders was wrong.

- The United Forces should've battled against the Earth Empire. The giant mech that could blow you to oblivion was no where in sight, just attack the remaining soldiers.

-More assistance. If the group of water and firebenders that Bolin helped returned to help or even the Fire Nation for that matter, that would've been nice. Zuko on his dragon helping the airbenders would be noice!

Overall I gave this episode a 9 and it's still my favorite of all in book 4. I loved seeing the airbenders tossing around the Colossus and the Badger Moles. This episode got more hype from me than the final episode.
« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2016 07:14 am by StormyDaze » Logged

I came to slay.
ahintoflime
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #85 on: Feb 11, 2016 11:44 am »

-Stop letting Korra steal all of the spotlight! Everybender should've been bending equivalently but nooo, everyone else forgot they were better earth/airbenders:

What?
Seriously, what? Korra has had the spotlight stolen from her by everyone since the first episode back in Book 1 and never got chance to shine. Even here in this finale she didn't do anything special.
That emphasis on Bolin "doing it all" is terrible when it casually showed Su and Lin working together also.
The budget was already bleeding and they decided to use what little remained on explosions and destroying the city that they were trying to save. They went the Man of Steel route here.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: