Dec 12, 2017 08:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 47 (45.6%)
9 - 28 (27.2%)
8 - 13 (12.6%)
7 - 6 (5.8%)
6 - 3 (2.9%)
5 - 3 (2.9%)
4 - 1 (1%)
3 - 2 (1.9%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 103

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [411] Kuvira's Gambit  (Read 28189 times)
Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King of Heroes, Gilgamesh

« Reply #300 on: Dec 16, 2014 03:40 pm »

Unless you compare to Ufo's animation

Did someone mention Ufotable?

Until you've seen a good amount of anime in bulk, you can't begin to imagine how above the cut LoKs animation is

Good point. AtLa looks pretty damn good too, for an 480p show. It's easily the best I've seen so far in that category. Studio MiR are the same dudes who did AtLa too (They just made a new studio and most of the old people followed)

Not with strategy. Any Earthbender who simply hid and waited underground along Megatron's path could easily turn the ground into a collapsible trap that would fall apart as the robot steps on it, unbalancing the thing and knocking it over. Problem solved.

Even Haru could do it, with enough time.

That would require for them to know that such Megatron is coming. Raiko and UR would have a chance if they had prepared themselves for it.

As of now, Kuvira is being protected my little mechas, so an earth bender can't get close to it without either being stopped by the mechas or get blown up by Megatron.
« Last Edit: Dec 16, 2014 03:51 pm by Furudo Erika » Logged
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #301 on: Dec 16, 2014 03:56 pm »

True. That's where this becomes a war rather than a brawl. My own immediate idea is to use troop movements to draw the Gypsy Danger into such a trap, perhaps using General Iroh II as a figurehead for a UR resistance that doesn't recognize Raiko's surrender. It might involve calling Kuvira's bluff and letting her destroy some of Republic City to prove that they can't be intimidated, but at this point I think destroying Kuvira and her superweapon is more important than preserving an evacuated city.

This would make a fun tactical mini-game, actually. Cheesy

NextFireBend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King Spider-Man.

« Reply #302 on: Dec 16, 2014 04:15 pm »

Until you've seen a good amount of anime in bulk, you can't begin to imagine how above the cut LoKs animation is

Yeah, but by it's own standards, LoK has definitely dipped in animation quality. ATLA was animated better than a lot of Book 4. xP

Or he watches Glee idk.
Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #303 on: Dec 16, 2014 04:23 pm »

ATLA was animated better than a lot of Book 4. xP

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I completely disagree. There's just no way that's true. I'd be vague if you mentioned Pierrot's episodes but Book 4 being inferior to ATLA? And I don't know how to refute you without saying stuff like "looks better" "feels better" "is more smooth". I just simply don't think you're right. Well, let's stop this discussion if this has turned to such a stalemate.
NextFireBend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King Spider-Man.

« Reply #304 on: Dec 16, 2014 04:45 pm »

Well, not all of it, obviously. xP

Fights are generally really good, still. Better than ATLA. Coloring. Better than ATLA's at many points. LoK Book 4 as a whole, just looks better. But can you honestly tell me that the conversations this season were animated (the movement. movement. action on screen) better than a conversation in ATLA? They're just standing there 56% of the time this season, and in ATLA, there was always movement for every conversation nearly 100% of the time. Books 1, 2, and 3 of Lok were animated a lot better than ATLA, And a good bit of Book 4 is animated better than ATLA, but also a good bit of it isn't anymore.

I mean, animation, movement, is pretty objective. Subjectivity on this is like saying, "well i personally enjoy the fact that they aren't really moving in this conversation". Idk what to tell you. Like, I'll give you that it isn't all of the animation, there's still a lot of really, really great stuff that is leagues ahead of everything else, but there is a fairly sizable portion of the animation this season that is on par with Pokemon.

Or he watches Glee idk.
Zyrax
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The Thirst is real

« Reply #305 on: Dec 16, 2014 04:53 pm »

To be honest Kuvira is boring me to death in recent episode.
Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #306 on: Dec 16, 2014 04:59 pm »

Well Nick di cut M&B's budget after all......

I may not be an animation expert but in IMO I see no difference between them (it's better than Book 2 animation. Have we forgotten how many people complained about that?). Is it really the end of the world if Book 4's animation is "meh" standards?
Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #307 on: Dec 16, 2014 05:00 pm »

But can you honestly tell me that the conversations this season were animated (the movement. movement. action on screen) better than a conversation in ATLA?

Yes Cry I have noticed no such static things you've been mentioning.

Books 1, 2, and 3 of Lok were animated a lot better than ATLA, And a good bit of Book 4 is animated better than ATLA, but also a good bit of it isn't anymore.

You think Book 4 looks more static than Book 2, specifically, Pierrot's episodes?
NextFireBend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King Spider-Man.

« Reply #308 on: Dec 16, 2014 05:08 pm »

Well. Idk. I've noticed.

Pierrot just looked bad. xP

But MiR was godly that same season, so it balances out.

Well Nick di cut M&B's budget after all......

I may not be an animation expert but in IMO I see no difference between them (it's better than Book 2 animation. Have we forgotten how many people complained about that?). Is it really the end of the world if Book 4's animation is "meh" standards?

Nope, not the end of the world. Cheesy

Like, I'm sorry if I'm hurting your feelings guys, I was just making an observation. Clearly I still watch and love the show. xD

Or he watches Glee idk.
Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #309 on: Dec 16, 2014 05:10 pm »

I'm not accusing you of hating it xD and you're not upsetting me either. I just give overly exaggerated "shock" emoticons because I've been thinking just how good the animation this season was, that's all.

Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #310 on: Dec 16, 2014 05:11 pm »

I don't think Book Balance's animation measures up to Mir's best, but it is servicable and I still like it. My hope is that they spared no expense for the finale.
Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #311 on: Dec 16, 2014 05:31 pm »

Like, I'm sorry if I'm hurting your feelings guys, I was just making an observation. Clearly I still watch and love the show. xD

You have nothing apologize for.

When it comes to the writing and animation to this show I'm very neutral (or at the very vocal about it because I'm not a A-list writer or animation buff. Therefore I don't really have the right to say what is right or wrong). Take note that this is coming from someone who liked Book 2 (the "worst" season for writing and animation).

LOK's animation is good by a lot of animated standards. I think we all know bad animation when see it, and LOK isn't one of them.
cycle112
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #312 on: Dec 16, 2014 05:54 pm »

ok, the animation is exceptional. I think we can all agree LOK is
Incredibly well animated. But as I said there are minor problems, so anybody
Saying book 4 has poor animation is incorrect.

Also the only reason this episode had static shots was due to budget. I'm guessing with
the limited budget Bryke have, they decided to save as much as possible for the finale.
Ravenous215
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #313 on: Dec 16, 2014 06:51 pm »

You are over-exaggerating, there will always be some one who dislikes something. If people are not satisfied with an episode, what is that to you?

Back when it was just ATLA, we were NEVER this critical. Sure, we may see things in a different light in hindsight, like the rock activating the 7th chakra, the lion turtle, and Katara's 'tude, but in those days, we were just happy we had a show like ATLA, the show that was what Captian Planet TRIED to be, but failed, in our lives. Bryan and Mike succeeded where Ted Turner and Barbara Pyle failed and gave us an AMAZING TV show based on people who can control the four elements and we were grateful for that....

I guess it is true, a sequel no matter how good it is, NEVER gets the love it deserves.

LoK, in my opinion, has not succeeded in getting to ATLA's level in terms of writing and development. The Villains great and powerful for the most part, and their plots intricate. Sadly, the main characters have suffered at the hands of bad pacing. I hate it when people brush off complaints about the love triangle as irrational anger when it did much more then make a rushed romance, it neutered the development of Team Avatar. Atla had more episodes, but all that means is that it was more important to focus on development.
Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #314 on: Dec 16, 2014 07:16 pm »

Back when it was just ATLA, we were NEVER this critical.

This is not true, if you look at very old ASN discussions of the episodes, they aren't that much different from the reception LoK is getting.

LoK, in my opinion, has not succeeded in getting to ATLA's level in terms of writing and development. The Villains great and powerful for the most part, and their plots intricate. Sadly, the main characters have suffered at the hands of bad pacing. I hate it when people brush off complaints about the love triangle as irrational anger when it did much more then make a rushed romance, it neutered the development of Team Avatar. Atla had more episodes, but all that means is that it was more important to focus on development.

And in my opinion it has succeed. Love triangle ended in a way no one expected, Korra and Asami bonded and it didn't get in the way of their friendship, this is a very good development. Korra broke up with Mako in a very mature way in season 2 finale as well, marking her growth as a person in that season.

Yes, maybe the triangle itself wasn't executed very well, but its end actually brought people together, rather than make them be hostile towards one another, which is the case most of the time.

I liked Mako/Korra relationship problems in Book 2 a lot, I really enjoyed watching it blow up in their faces. Because it was realistic, and a bit sad, that after all they've been through, that's how it ended up being. I felt sorry for Asami back in Book 1, but I loved the idea that she never spoke to Korra specifically with any hostility.
« Last Edit: Dec 16, 2014 07:20 pm by Furudo Erika » Logged
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #315 on: Dec 16, 2014 07:20 pm »

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the assertion that no one noticed that stupid Lucky Rock until we started looking at the series "in hindsight."

My first post I made here after seeing the finale mentioned it! I've been complaining since the Golden Age. Cool

Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #316 on: Dec 16, 2014 07:22 pm »

^ Another reason why Loopy is the mascot of this site, he's been here since the beginning of ASN start of Book 3.
« Last Edit: Dec 16, 2014 07:28 pm by Furudo Erika » Logged
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #317 on: Dec 16, 2014 07:24 pm »

No, that's a common misconception. I didn't join until after Day of Black Sun aired. Otherwise, my complainer reputation would have come first as I whomped on Book Fire, and the wacky crackyshipper reputation would have been the tired sequel.

Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #318 on: Dec 16, 2014 07:27 pm »

No, that's a common misconception. I didn't join until after Day of Black Sun aired. Otherwise, my complainer reputation would have come first as I whomped on Book Fire, and the wacky crackyshipper reputation would have been the tired sequel.

What, no way! My whole perception of you was a lie! Well, I bet you're one of the few who stayed this long anyway. Which generation is better? xDD

But seriously, I realized that forums exists for this. It's mostly people picking it apart VS people telling others to stop watching if they don't like it. I've checked numerous fandoms and forums, The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, tons of Anime sites and the theme is the same everywhere. They're really not that different from LoK audience of this site.

Fanboy level praising is (Which is, I admit, what I enjoy and usually read) on tumblr mostly.

« Last Edit: Dec 16, 2014 07:32 pm by Furudo Erika » Logged
Ravenous215
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #319 on: Dec 16, 2014 08:34 pm »

Back when it was just ATLA, we were NEVER this critical.

This is not true, if you look at very old ASN discussions of the episodes, they aren't that much different from the reception LoK is getting.

And in my opinion it has succeed. Love triangle ended in a way no one expected, Korra and Asami bonded and it didn't get in the way of their friendship, this is a very good development. Korra broke up with Mako in a very mature way in season 2 finale as well, marking her growth as a person in that season.

Yes, maybe the triangle itself wasn't executed very well, but its end actually brought people together, rather than make them be hostile towards one another, which is the case most of the time.

I liked Mako/Korra relationship problems in Book 2 a lot, I really enjoyed watching it blow up in their faces. Because it was realistic, and a bit sad, that after all they've been through, that's how it ended up being. I felt sorry for Asami back in Book 1, but I loved the idea that she never spoke to Korra specifically with any hostility.

The love triangle, although somewhat realistic, was taxing on other characters development and really not worth it. Yes it did result in character growth for Korra, who might I add has come so far since season 1.

Alas, can you honestly say the same for the others. After 3 seasons, I still have yet to feel as deep a connection with any of them as I did with the gaang, except for Korra, I guess. This season did not have as much screen time for the Krew, so it did nothing to help this feeling. I could go on to state the reasons I don't feel strongly about each one of them, but I'm pretty sure it would turn into a summary of all complaints said about them.

Lok has ATLA beat in several fields like storyline, villains, and plot building, but not in the ones important to me, like writing, character development, pacing, and in some cases animation.

The finale probably won't change this opinion, or it can't due to the 46 minutes limit.
danseru-kun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #320 on: Dec 16, 2014 08:59 pm »

Toph's a powerful bender, but she can't do anything to the giant mecha. She would get blown away without even realizing that Kuvira was targeting her.

Not with strategy. Any Earthbender who simply hid and waited underground along Megatron's path could easily turn the ground into a collapsible trap that would fall apart as the robot steps on it, unbalancing the thing and knocking it over. Problem solved.

This is not possible with a single average earthbender, unless we're taking about weeks of preparation and Kuvira not being smart enough to send troops to survey the path of the mecha.

But let's say the plan succeeded and the mecha did trip forward, backward or was buried waistdown. There's still a massive earthbender army that could clear the dirt or lift it up from its trap in a matter of minutes. If it fell on its back, the earthbenders just make earth columns to push it up again. If it's buried waist-down the cannon is till functional.

« Last Edit: Dec 16, 2014 09:00 pm by danseru-kun » Logged

danseru-kun.tumblr.com
shorewall
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yeah, baby!

« Reply #321 on: Dec 16, 2014 09:50 pm »

Whoa!  That's quite an assertion!  Are you sure you want to be quite so bold?  Cheesy  We would probably need a geological calendar to measure that amount of time.  Cheesy  Cheesy

And since I don't know where else to put this, I want to confess that I have been compromised by Kuvira, badly.  If I were Bataar Jr., I would have given away our position, asked her to fire the gun, and only asked that she remember me fondly.   Cry  Of course, I also have NO attachment to the Beifong clan (minus Opal, probably  Lips sealed).

"The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed. Since beginning-less time, darkness thrives in the void but always yields to purifying light."
Water Chief
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Chief of the water tribe

« Reply #322 on: Dec 16, 2014 10:12 pm »

Great episode! I did not expect that weapon at all, or at least like that!!!! I wish the finale was longer than 2 episodes though, but it should be interesting to see what happens!!!!

I think it is finally kicking in that this is it......After the series finale no more Korra or Avatar in general Cry  The sadness is just overwhelming.

shorewall
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yeah, baby!

« Reply #323 on: Dec 17, 2014 04:06 am »

I think it is finally kicking in that this is it......After the series finale no more Korra or Avatar in general Cry  The sadness is just overwhelming.

Nobody expected LOK either.  Never say never, and que sera, sera.  Smiley  But yeah, it is pretty sad.

"The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed. Since beginning-less time, darkness thrives in the void but always yields to purifying light."
WarriorMind556
Can't Create New Topics
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #324 on: Dec 17, 2014 05:24 am »

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: