Jun 24, 2017 10:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sozin attacked Earth Kingdom or Water Tribe instead of Air Nomads  (Read 3603 times)
Rex Avatarum Imperium
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Phoenix King, Dark Avatar, Great Uniter, etc

« on: Nov 22, 2014 06:35 pm »

Just after the death of Avatar Roku, a sufficiently omnipotent spirit decides to interfere in the mortal world. Basically he convinces all people in the world to believe that the next Avatar will be born in Earth Kingdom (1st scenario) or Water Tribe (2nd scenario).

So what happens next? Surely the Air Nomads will survive in both scenarios...but would Sozin be able to slaughter all earthbenders/waterbenders just like what he did to the airbenders in the original storyline?

Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2014 06:54 pm »

Since the EK is pretty damn large, they should probably wipe out a good chunk of earthbenders until they can actually fight back.
It'll be probably way less easy with the water tribes because the water around could help waterbender (powerful ones) to counter Comet soldiers.

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
HikaruIzumi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2014 04:46 am »

I doubt that. There is a reason why the war lasted as long as it did. Of course, the FN had the element of surprise when attacking AN but for a "flying" nation, element of surprise can't help that much. On the other hand, WTs and EK are larger and any attack on them would be met with huge counterattack. While it's questionable when the AN started fighting back. I wouldn't be surprised if some secret peace talks preceded the attack and they believed FN wouldn't disrupt them. So, yeah, I don't think this would work for any other nation than AN.

Lucky
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2014 07:54 pm »

He could probably decimate a portion of both kingdoms. For instance he could take out the Southern Water Tribe and maybe Omashu but I don't believe he would be able to take down The Northern Water Tribe or Ba Sing Se. The more rienfoced cities would still have too much of a defense against the attack, even with the Comet.
Arzon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2014 07:37 am »

AN themselves are not threat at all. So attacking EK (not Water Trbes of course, it is meaningless) might make more sense
tommytoe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

When love is real, it finds a way

« Reply #5 on: Nov 24, 2014 12:28 pm »

He could probably decimate a portion of both kingdoms. For instance he could take out the Southern Water Tribe and maybe Omashu but I don't believe he would be able to take down The Northern Water Tribe or Ba Sing Se. The more rienfoced cities would still have too much of a defense against the attack, even with the Comet.
I don't know about that. Iroh was able to blast through Ba Sing Se's wall all by himself in Sozin's Comet part 3.
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #6 on: Nov 24, 2014 03:21 pm »

Iroh is especially powerful as a normal firebendah still.

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
Arzon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Nov 25, 2014 04:46 am »

By the way, General Iroh broke Outer Wall withot any Comet to help. Only Lu Ten`s death stopped him
tommytoe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

When love is real, it finds a way

« Reply #8 on: Nov 25, 2014 01:23 pm »

Iroh is especially powerful as a normal firebendah still.
True, but Sozin would have an entire army backing him up. He could have had his soldiers form groups of say, 6-10 benders and had each group concentrate on destroying certain parts of the wall simultaneously, and veni, vidi, vici, Ba Sing Se is now Sozin Sing Se. Cheesy
johnf12
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9 on: Nov 25, 2014 07:33 pm »

Sozin would be good. As long as Aang and friends aren't around, the FN soldiers can actually fight competently. That or the FN soldiers are the best of all the nameless mooks.

Of course since they're the good guys in Korra's time, the FN military is probably beast now.
Arzon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #10 on: Nov 26, 2014 04:29 am »

Well, Dai Li were "bad guys" and statists, yet had quite impressive achievements...
Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #11 on: Nov 26, 2014 11:14 pm »

I think Sozin would have failed in an Earth Kingdom Genocide. It is just too massive of a landmass.

A Water Tribe Genocide is a little harder to predict. I think it would be possible, given the sheer number of the Fire Nation military.

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
Stormy Daze
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You're gonna regret doing that, pal.

« Reply #12 on: Feb 23, 2016 06:16 pm »

The Fire Nation didn't even need the comet in order to destroy the Southern Water Tribe, the North will would meet the same fate, not even Pakku could defend against mooks.

The Earth Kingdom's coastal areas won't survive the assault.

I came to slay.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #13 on: Feb 23, 2016 06:43 pm »

I dunno. The Southern Water Tribe was scattered enough that it had to be worn down over the course of 100 years, so I'm not sure that the Comet would have been any use against them. As you say, the Comet isn't necessary, so presumably if a single assault could have been mounted, the Fire Nation would have done it years ago. Yet instead they just used the Southern Raiders to wage a long war of attrition against the South's Waterbenders. So presumably any act of war against the SWT inevitably becomes a game of wack-a-mole.

The North could have been the same kind of problem, in Sozin's time. It's not clear at what point they focused in that city of theirs.

Stormy Daze
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: Feb 24, 2016 06:48 am »

The comet gave the FN the power to wipe out most of the Air Nomads out in a day, if they were to turn their attention on the Water Tribes instead, they would meet the same fate. Like you said the FN didn't even need a full army unit to turn the South into barbarian land, just a small fleet of elites to continuously raid, succesfully taking away waterbenders each time. The North is fortified so it would've been tricky, if the comet didn't give benders the ability to burst through the outer wall of Ba Sing Se and fly.

I came to slay.
Yougo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Respect the Screaming bird!

« Reply #15 on: Feb 24, 2016 07:06 am »

why all the violence? just help the EK to look for the next avatar, because you know, the EK is so large and there are just so many children to check, and you want to help out so you can find him quicker together. then suddenly a large armadillo-cow just happens to fall from the sky and crushes the poor kid.

next nation...

sig by me.
keeper of: the Screaming bird's horrible shreak; The Bendig Mark.
Stormy Daze
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: Feb 24, 2016 02:22 pm »

why all the violence? just help the EK to look for the next avatar, because you know, the EK is so large and there are just so many children to check, and you want to help out so you can find him quicker together. then suddenly a large armadillo-cow just happens to fall from the sky and crushes the poor kid.

next nation...
Because besides trying to get rid of the Avatar they want to conquer the world. I don't think the EK would just give them the Avatar and then allow themselves to be conquered.

I came to slay.
Yougo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Respect the Screaming bird!

« Reply #17 on: Feb 24, 2016 02:43 pm »

well a hundred year war would happen no matter which way you'd spin this avatar cycle.

I would say though that taking the EK on first would be a tactical error. you'd bite off more than you can chew, and the other nations will either use their time dig in their defenses, or help the EK by attacking you, giving you a war on three fronts.

Canon!Sozin went the sneaky way. take out the air nomads before anyone knows something is up. make good use of that comet as that boost won't last for more than a day. take out the SWT was a quick win too, boxing in the EK's room for motion. by that time the NWT put up a big wall and hunkered down. it helped them survive the 100Y war but were also largely out of the FN's way. that leaves the EK as the only front left.

sig by me.
keeper of: the Screaming bird's horrible shreak; The Bendig Mark.
Stormy Daze
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Feb 24, 2016 08:42 pm »

The North wouldn't have lasted as long if Sozin's stupid tail didn't think "Hey! The North has a wall and treacherous waters...but we have dragons! Let's just hunt them down for no apparent reason, afterall the plot calls for it."

EK and NWT had plot armor.

I came to slay.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #19 on: Feb 25, 2016 07:08 pm »

I still maintain that the hunting of dragons was indicative of dragons largely wanting nothing to do with the Fire Nation's war.

shorewall
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yeah, baby!

« Reply #20 on: Feb 25, 2016 07:34 pm »

I still maintain that the hunting of dragons was indicative of dragons largely wanting nothing to do with the Fire Nation's war.

Right.  Like, you're either with us, or we hunt you down!

I want the AU where the dragons came out on top in that exchange, and the Fire Nation becomes post apocalyptic with Dragons scourging the countryside.

"The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed. Since beginning-less time, darkness thrives in the void but always yields to purifying light."
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #21 on: Feb 25, 2016 07:37 pm »

Ooh, that sounds fun. I'll have to think on that.

Naturally, Azula would somehow emerge as the Dragon Queen of the Firebender survivors.

Stormy Daze
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: Feb 25, 2016 09:17 pm »

Sozin's dragon probably turned against him after he witnessed the death of Roku and Fang, then proceeded to warn the rest of the dragon community.

Or could be that Sozin got sick of this ugly mofo watching him as he slept every night.

I came to slay.
shorewall
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yeah, baby!

« Reply #23 on: Feb 25, 2016 11:33 pm »

Ooh, that sounds fun. I'll have to think on that.

Naturally, Azula would somehow emerge as the Dragon Queen of the Firebender survivors.

Naturally.  Smiley

"The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed. Since beginning-less time, darkness thrives in the void but always yields to purifying light."
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #24 on: Feb 26, 2016 06:31 pm »

Sozin's dragon probably turned against him after he witnessed the death of Roku and Fang, then proceeded to warn the rest of the dragon community.

Man, what I wouldn't give to see that conversation:

"Look, I don't know what really went down, but my boss Sozin totally shanked the Avatar."

"He what?!"

"He did! Left him on a volcano to die, and was all, 'I hate you, now I can have all the cookies I want.' And then he made me fly away."

"Cookies?!"

"Or something like that. Like I said, I'm not really sure what went down between those two."

"You think we should be concerned about this? You know, as a nation of dragon allies to the Fire Nation."

"I dunno, man. We have one of those ancient treaties going on. You don't just blow those off."

"I know, but seriously, do even like Sozin? I hear he's kind of a jerk."

"Yeah, he's a total Grumpy McGrumpyPants."

"So, what do you say? At least think about it?"

"All right, I'll think about it. I mean, what's the worst that can happen?"

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: