Sep 15, 2019 10:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ep 411 (Kuvira's Gambit) speculation thread  (Read 31519 times)
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« on: Nov 19, 2014 08:54 pm »

This thread will be moved to the TLOK board when ep 410 is officially released on Nick.com

Discuss!

Preview clip for international audiences
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2014 06:50 am by Spiritwhisperer » Logged

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Cerulean
Global Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2014 01:03 am »

Thread unlocked and moved to main boards in preparation for the release of episode 10. PLEASE refrain from posting in here until after the episode is released.
Boilinfangirl
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2014 05:04 am »

Ugh! I know we've got a few more episodes left of Korra and should be happy so but to be frank we know it's ending so I feel why not just release them all at once so we don't have to die if waiting ><

Summary for the episode pretty much says all. Really curious how they'll try to stop it the entire episode? It says Team Avatar so, that means they'll be together working on this right?

Banner made by guitarfreak, thank you your the best!
Big Bolin fan already yesXD
Will ship him wit
Hand of Vaatu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2014 05:25 am »

If something is to happen to Jr it will be this episode. I'd like to think that mentioning that him and Kuvira are engaged in the first episode means that there is some sort of deep loyalty that won't be broken, I mean, why wasn't he just introduced as a loyal follower if he was just going to change sides?

All I can say is that this will be the episode where we find where his true allegiances lie. Please be Kuvira, please be Kuvira, please be Kuvira.
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2014 08:29 am »

Ep has aired on Nick.com, feel free to speculate away.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Javisbc
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2014 09:15 am »

I think we can pretty much confirm there wont be any romantic resolution at the end of the series. I dont think Korra is pairing with Mako or Asami at this point, i mean there is no build up, no interest from Mako to try to talk to her for 2 seconds at least. Asami is doing her stuff so even if she wants to, she cant, and Korra doesn't seem to even try either. i think its going to be an open resolution and the finale will focus only on herself and her battle with herself, no other parties involved

Any way great episode, that fight scene at the end, wow as a aspiring professional draftsman this series is a joy to watch. I wish Nick didnt cut the budgets, season 1 still remains the best technically 
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #6 on: Dec 05, 2014 09:16 am »

I think perhaps Korra might ask for Zaheer's help again to talk some sense into the spirits.

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
Solitude
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Shaped by fire and ice.

« Reply #7 on: Dec 05, 2014 10:13 am »

Is there a possibility that Kuvira's gambit isn't actually BJ?

Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: Dec 05, 2014 10:36 am »

The preview clip tomorrow might give us a better idea of what's to come.

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
Lunar_Prodigy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9 on: Dec 05, 2014 11:06 am »

I am hoping Korra will be able to get help from some of the spirits that were allies of Aang. That might just be because I am still hoping to see some of them. I suppose at this point seeing Yue again is unlikely. I guess I would even settle for spirits that Wan knew. I guess I just want to see some spirit friendships transcending lifetimes.

Keeper of Yue's "You didn't protect me" Sokka's "She's the moon, she flies by herself"
and Wan Shi Tong's understanding of the radio being "tiny men in boxes"
sokkaboomerang
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #10 on: Dec 05, 2014 11:14 am »

more fanservice iroh maybe
Uzuko
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: Dec 05, 2014 11:16 am »

I have a feeling that if we were going see any of Wan's spirit friends it would be Aye-aye, and that meeting would have happened by now. I think only a few select spirits are immortal, and seeing any that Wan knew personally is very unlikely.  
Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #12 on: Dec 05, 2014 12:15 pm »

I think perhaps Korra might ask for Zaheer's help again to talk some sense into the spirits.

Or convince Zaheer to have any remaining Red Lotus operatives take down the Earth Empire. In all honesty, I think any Red Lotus members left (from the bottom to the top) hate Kuvira more than Korra.

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
BlackPanther1012
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Dec 05, 2014 12:51 pm »

Going back to Zaheer again to be advised as to how to strong-arm the spirits into an alliance with the URN is a bad storytelling move, it's a bad decision (cuz it doesn't make sense) and it'd make Korra look pathetic and foolish.

Korra has to do this herself.

What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
--Philipians 4:9
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: Dec 05, 2014 12:54 pm »

I think it'd be cool to see Zaheer again since he's my favorite Avatar character, but I think he's done now.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #15 on: Dec 05, 2014 12:57 pm »

I think Kuvira is going to attack before the 2 week timeframe. I think the lose in Operation Beifong, unnerved her and she is going to make a hasty decision to prematurely strike at RC; catching everyone off guard. This episode will be RC trying to regain it's footing after this revelation but Kuvira will manage to break into the city before that happens.

I also think it'd be cool to see Zaheer again though.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Freedom153
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

That Could Have Been Executed Better

« Reply #16 on: Dec 05, 2014 01:02 pm »

My best guess is Kuvira might decide to attack earlier than in 2 week's time, since she knows that someone with high-value insider information (Zhu Li) has just defected. Hence, the "gambit" - attack early and maintain the element of surprise but do so with less preparation than she had originally planned on, or attack in 2 week's time and risk getting the FN, NWT, SWT and AN involved.

Honestly the spirits baffle me sometimes. Can't they see that Kuvira is going to continue harvesting spirit vines, the reason the vines in RC started abducting people? I can see their qualms about being "used" in war by humans, but surely they could be reasoned to accept a defensive role, or even sanction defensive use of spirit energy technology, like an energy shield?

Additional datapoints acquired. Additional animated stories viewed. Directive: adjust opinion... adjusting...
First eyes, a treasure. New eyes, end with a pretentious blink, own vision eclipses.
Book 5:Humanity, aka: Freedom's First Writ
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #17 on: Dec 05, 2014 01:14 pm »

I think Kuvira is going to attack Republic City in 13 days 23 hours 45 minutes from now, earlier than expected, they won't see it coming.

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Dec 05, 2014 01:32 pm »

I think Kuvira is going to attack before the 2 week timeframe. I think the lose in Operation Beifong, unnerved her and she is going to make a hasty decision to prematurely strike at RC; catching everyone off guard. This episode will be RC trying to regain it's footing after this revelation but Kuvira will manage to break into the city before that happens.

I also think it'd be cool to see Zaheer again though.

I kind of see that happening as well.

I think Kuvira will try use the Beifong's escaping as an excuse when we all know that's a load of bull. She clearly had the plan to hit RC eventually and has forced herself to invade early because her pride is hurt. She doesn't want to admit that she has become a monster.
Goodfella
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

On the Isle of Sanity

« Reply #19 on: Dec 05, 2014 03:35 pm »

I think this is going to be the equivalent to the calm before the storm episode/last episode for characters to catch up before the finale. For 407, the summary was about how it was Team Avatar's first mission together after Wu gets kidnapped but the kidnapping wasn't really the focus of the episode as much as the changed dynamics of the team and pretty sedate in comparison to the other eps. I can see something similar here.

While I can see Korra trying one last attempt at diplomacy with Kuvira, I think it will mostly be about RC and the cast preparing. I'd love to see Kuvira's side of things to parallel what's going on with Korra and see how Kuvira stands after 410's defeat but I'm not sure they'd have time for that. Just even a small moment like Zaheer and Pi'Li before the end would be nice to help get a feel for the "human" side of Kuvira.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #20 on: Dec 05, 2014 03:41 pm »

I think we can pretty much confirm there wont be any romantic resolution at the end of the series. I dont think Korra is pairing with Mako or Asami at this point, i mean there is no build up, no interest from Mako to try to talk to her for 2 seconds at least. Asami is doing her stuff so even if she wants to, she cant, and Korra doesn't seem to even try either. i think its going to be an open resolution and the finale will focus only on herself and her battle with herself, no other parties involved.

Actually, I disagree. I'm not thrilled with the lack of meaningful Team Avatar interaction since Korra's return to RC, but I think they're setting Mako up to try again with her slowly and subtlety. It's easy to write off Wu's hitting on Korra as a humorous way to make him a scumbag, but the way Mako is shown to be observing this makes me think he's going to "realize" that he still has feelings for Korra, and the story is going to present him as being a respectful suitor.

Personally, I'm fine with the story taking that track, because it's functional enough, and doesn't require a lot of screentime. It won't get the people who hate Makorra to stop hating Makorra, but nothing would have anyway, so let's get it done with minimal fuss.

Molra
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Stories are everywhere.

« Reply #21 on: Dec 05, 2014 03:51 pm »

^agree with Loopy, time to stop with those delays in the Makorra ship because it has been really annoying to watch useless Wu. In general, I don't have this kind of vibe against a character in this universe, but Wu is being too much. What is his purpose? I'm starting to be sure he is just a trigger for Makorra.

"Some see a hopeless end, while others see an endless hope."
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #22 on: Dec 05, 2014 03:57 pm »

This latest episode also gave me hopes that Wu isn't going to wind up in charge of the EK, because his changes are being treated as superficial by the narrative. My money is on Suyin as the new Earth Queen, at this point.

Goodfella
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

On the Isle of Sanity

« Reply #23 on: Dec 05, 2014 04:09 pm »

^I think it's pretty clear at this point Wu's never going to end up in charge, short of a symbolic position. From day one he would have been a figure-head and even if we DID see him actively changing to become a better king, a) there's not enough time to believably see this guy become capable of ruling a country b) it'd be perpetuating a complex, long-term problem the EK has faced rather than an actual solution. Ideally, Wu himself realizes this and helps propose or work with an alternative but my hopes are low.

I mean, NO ONE has seen potential in Wu to actually be a leader. The closest you have is Mako's grudging compliment in 410 and he quickly takes it back.
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2014 04:16 pm by Goodfella » Logged
Robotman
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: Dec 05, 2014 06:15 pm »

I wonder if Tonraq, Desna and Eska will get involved and return to Republic City in this episode, we haven't seen them since the Coronation... I wonder what other awesome action scene we will have next week aswell, I'm so excited. I really am going to be sad when this show ends, it really is my favourite TV of all time, I'm always re-watching it lol.

HAIL KUVIRA! THE GREAT UNITER!
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: