Sep 20, 2017 07:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 67 (67.7%)
9 - 24 (24.2%)
8 - 4 (4%)
7 - 4 (4%)
6 - 0 (0%)
5 - 0 (0%)
4 - 0 (0%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 99

Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [410] Operation Beifong  (Read 33449 times)
BlackPanther1012
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #325 on: Dec 13, 2014 12:45 pm »

Why does Huan have to be completely freakin' useless? I get it, he's an artistic and all and probably some hippie pacifist, but Jesus, the guy got earthbending but literally just sits out of fights. You think he would be willing to stand along his family instead of sitting in the background doing nothing.

He probably never learned how to fight.

What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
--Philipians 4:9
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #326 on: Dec 13, 2014 12:50 pm »

Why does Huan have to be completely freakin' useless? I get it, he's an artistic and all and probably some hippie pacifist, but Jesus, the guy got earthbending but literally just sits out of fights. You think he would be willing to stand along his family instead of sitting in the background doing nothing.

Being a fighter like his mother and siblings would crush Huan's individuality. Smiley

Sig by Guitarfreak.
NextFireBend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King Spider-Man.

« Reply #327 on: Dec 13, 2014 12:52 pm »

There's more to life than kicking tail and fighting. xP

He's not being useless, he's being a unique individual in the background. Transcendentalism yo.

Or he watches Glee idk.
Magicman710
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #328 on: Dec 13, 2014 01:32 pm »

I'm surprised they can say "suicide," but not "kill".

It's the second time they used it, actually -- Bolin called the plan to get past Unalaq's forces in Harmonic Convergence a "suicide mission."  =P

The word "kill" has been said numerous times throughout LoA and LoK, what are you talking about?

One that comes to my mind right now is "You, you killed my father!" from Korra.

I think it's only when they actually do kill someone, then they can't explicitly say that they did. So, Korra can say "you killed my father!" but he survived so that makes it okay for her to say that. If he actually did get killed by Zaheer then Korra can't say "killed".

Don't challenge this wacky logic as this is some new Nick censoring rule that wasn't present in ATLA.

The logic is even wackier than that -- you can say someone was killed if they weren't killed in present tense, but if they died on-screen or just off-screen, you have to phrase it in some other way.  Pretty sure that dates back to A:tLA, too, with Ember Island Players providing the sole weird exception.

Ugh, I always found this to be so ridiculous. Even if they don't say the word die, kids know. They are not stupid. I obviously believe there is a limit but sometimes it sounds so cornu, like when Yakone said to Aang that he was goingo to "put him to sleep".

Yakone said he was going to "put him to sleep for good" because shortly before hand he had caused him to pass out/become unconscious in the courtroom. It goes along with what he did earlier, but this time he's taking it to the extreme - he isn't going to wake up from this sleep.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #329 on: Dec 13, 2014 11:26 pm »

Being a fighter like his mother and siblings would crush Huan's individuality. Smiley

I can't say I've ever seen a fight involving Su's clan and said to myself, "Gee, what this needs is one more kid in there throwing metal and rocks at people." Cheesy I like that one of her loyal kids didn't just become another Earthbruiser.

DangerMouseDM
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #330 on: Dec 19, 2014 09:11 pm »

Oh yeah, I loved Korra saying no to Raiko and yet still thinking of an alternative to try and I got a good laugh when Raiko suddenly realizes Wu made a good suggestion lol.

I can't say I've ever seen a fight involving Su's clan and said to myself, "Gee, what this needs is one more kid in there throwing metal and rocks at people." Cheesy I like that one of her loyal kids didn't just become another Earthbruiser.

Haha.
Storia
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

#dictatorsumade

« Reply #331 on: Jan 03, 2015 11:24 am »

Am i the only one who thinks of Wing/Wei's "we can't let Opal be the coolest" cringy? '_'

luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #332 on: Jan 03, 2015 12:06 pm »

I don't know it would be interesting to see his fighting style. Have him make his sculptures come to life, it would look like something from Tim Burton.
The_Xov
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #333 on: Jan 03, 2015 02:26 pm »

Bonus points if the animation/movement style of the sculptures is like that of Jack Skellington's universe.  But with the graphical style matching that of the show.  Hate when people slap one graphical style onto another like ATLA/LOK did w/the CG...
« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2015 02:29 pm by The_Xov » Logged

iKeep: The Airbending Wipeout Obstacle Course from Original Airbenders!
That bastard formerly known as mike50333
Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: